"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Moon Knight riding a giant Sphinx monster. I love it :p.

Is Cap's upgrade supposed to be his Marvel Now armor? At least it's not as busy as his MCU costume ;).

What's Black Widow's upgrade? I guess her Widow Bite look a little different o_O.

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Happy Holidays
    Staff Member Moderator

I never get why Cap and Widow get so many costume changes. Their original looks were perfect. Tony is the one that should be constantly changing.

This Cap suit reminds me of a battle armor version of the Ultimate design.

So with four episodes airing in a block, we'll have five left for the season? The season started back in Summer (I think) but with all of the binge airings, it's felt as though it went by pretty fast.

I had been seeing it said that Spider-Man was ending its season soon, too, but there are still a lot of episodes left. I really don't get why DXD doesn't pace these shows out more instead of airing a batch and going silent for months.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    #62 Rick Jones, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, how long have we been stuck with the same Iron Man design? Though it looks like that will be changing for this ;).

If anyone needed a new look, I'd say it's Hawkeye. Falcon already got his MCU costume, so I think that just leaves Clint, Hulk, and Thor as the only Avengers who haven't gotten new duds, though with Hulk there's not much you can do :sweat:.
    It definitely resembles some of the more armored takes on Cap's looks over the years :).
    Well, we first got the two-part premiere aired together, then we got all the New Avengers' adventures in one batch, and then we got the return of the Avengers aired pretty close together and it looks like the same holds true for the Battleworld episode...so I can understand why it feels like the season's moved by quick :ack:.
    Disney's been doing this with Guardians as well. I can't tell if it's because they just want to burn through all the season's episodes or if they're trying to appeal to the binge-watching audiences :sweat:.

4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Two "Sphnixes" in these shows and we still haven't seen the REAL one.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
    #65 RoyalRubble, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wait, Trevor Devall? As in, VA and Rocket Raccoon voice Trevor Devall? I never knew he was a writer ;).
    So they got Greg Cipes back as Iron Fist but replaced Diedrich Bader as Moon Knight.

Not that I mind, since Gideo Emery is awesome, though I'm guessing that also means this version of Moon Knight will probably be different from the Ultimate Spider-Man version :ack:.

Speaking of Ultimate Spider-Man alumni, I wasn't expecting Steven Weber as the Beyonder. I wonder how he'll sound compared to his Osborn/Goblin voice :eek:?

7. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I feel those should be switched around; Emery should replace Cipes as Iron Fist while Deidrich should return as Moon Knight.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

Do you think Spider-Man will show up on Battleworld in a future episode??
    And if he does what do you think the domain will be called that he comes from??

9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm actually kind of curious if Spidey will show up at all in this storyline, if only in a small cameo...and if he'll be voiced by Robbie Daymond :p.

10. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Well, like I mentioned in a previous post in other thread, in a previous Comic Con, it was revealed the names of several territories in Battleworld. And some of them could be promising to allow us to see "Ultimate Spider-Man" once more. These are the potential "Spider-Territories":

+ Lots to the Symbiotes: The East Zone of Battleworld, there are 2 giant lakes with the form of classic Venom's eyes, so maybe we could explore part of it.
    + Kun-Lun: The Iron Fist of this zone was a little different from USM, but I don't lose hope. Also, the Kun-Lun from "The Immortal Weapon" was quite different from the one in USM, at the top of the Himalaya.
    + Camelot: Maybe we will see Spyder Knight here? I hope so.
    + Vampire Federation: We already saw Dracula, but in this territory we could have Blood Spider, the Spider-Vampire Slayer from the Spider-Verse.
    + Noir Land: Please, explore this zone!! It clearly has "Spider-Man Noir" all over it!!
    + New Quack City: This aims to Howard the Duck, but we could see Spider-Ham too.
    + Spider-Island 2099: For Pete's Sake, let this territory be explored!!! This could have all the Web Warriors together, and it could even have Wolf Spider as the villain!!!

I have my doubts, but like it's said, hope is the last thing you lose.

Based on the last promo revealed before the new episodes of Secret Wars started, we should make a list of things to expect in the last 6 episodes of the season. I'm really intrigued to see them!! Personally, I hope we will see USM's Spider-Man in one of the remaining episodes. I had doubts for what I saw, but considering how tricky promos can be, I want to believe there will be space for at least one Spider-Episode. Let's see:

+ We had a scene with Groot, which could means the Guardians of the Galaxy will appear here too. I mean, without Rocket to translate him, I don't see how the Avengers will interact with him. He needs the rest of the Guardians.
    + We have the Ghost Rider, which could give us a interesting episode, like the one from "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH".
    + There's a scene of what appears to be Iron Man fighting the Beyonder, who is now wearing an armor more similar to his look back in Spider-Man's series back in the 90s. I'm not sure about it, but it seems they are fighting at the Olympus, the same one we saw in "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH". If that's so, then the scene with Ares can be from the same episode.
    + Hawkeye and Black Widow will have a mission together, but there's no way to know about what territory they will visit.

+ There's a very short scene of Loki with what appears to be a Western town in the background. This could either be an area based on Marvel 1872 or maybe the Western world of Web-Slinger, the Spider-Man Cowboy.
    + There's a scene where I recognize Morgan Le Fay, only not in her same design from "Ultimate Spider-Man". She has a look more like the one she had as queen of Weirdworld in Secret Wars. I guess Weirworld will be explored, or maybe Camelot. (Or maybe even both of them).
    + We have a scene with Jane Foster as Thor, but no clue about which episode could be.
    + And it's obvious the Avengers will have to find both Hulk and Bruce Banner; and probably, merge them together.

Even with this "To Do List", I hope for Spider-Man to have at least one episode before this season is over.

Mod Note: Double Post merged.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #70 Roxas_Sora, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2018
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cort Lane talked about the next season in this interview on Marvel.com:
    https://news.marvel.com/tv/83354/ma...marvel-rising-and-guardians-mission-breakout/

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

T'Challa and Shuri's relationship being the emotional core of the series sounds good. I'm eager to see how they develop the relationship here :).

I find it interesting that Shuri was trained to be Black Panther too. Was that in-case something happened to T'Challa? I wonder if the Wakanda ruler and the Black Panther are one and the same like in the comics or separate positions like in the MCU :ack:?

I'm curious what he means about the Avengers being at the "beginning, middle, and end." So do they appear for the first string of episodes, the beginning of the next arc, and then the end o_O?

At least Black Panther being conflicted between his kingship and Avengers status I can get, since that's a classic conflict for him so of course it would be part of the show :cool:.

I'm interested to see which villains pop in this show. I was expecting they'd mine from Black Panther's comics Rogues Gallery, though I guess villains wanting to take over Wakanda could range from Klaw and Killmonger to Baron Zemo and Hydra :eek:.

I thought they changed the animation style to be more like Marvel's Spider-Man? Or because it was cheapter to animate :sweat:?

• Like Like x 1
  13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The most interesting tidbit in that article for me is they're planning on breaking the next season in two halves. I wonder how that will play out, perhaps have two big story-arcs both focusing on Black Panther. I presume it's not just a way to make the show run longer, since a hiatus could have worked just as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think I recall them mentioning that the season would be divided into two-parts when it was announced, so I guess it's going to function sort of like 13-episode "seasons."

15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I think that's why most sites covering the Con where it was announced made it sound like it's a new 13 episodes long Black Panther series. Later it was confirmed it's in reality the 5th Season of Avengers Assemble.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

A full season of Black Panther (with the Avengers to some degree) sounds amazing to me! It will be nice to see T'Challa and Shuri's relationship in animation again. I just kind of wish they saved these announcements for tomorrow, the 10th anniversary of Marvel Animation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Also be nice because the last Black Panther animated series was nothing to write home about.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wasn't it basically just a motion comic in all but name :sweat:?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Happy Holidays
    Staff Member Moderator

They didn't actually animate panels ala Astonishing X-Men or Iron Man Extremis but they used a very limited style like Metalocalypse or Frisky Dingo, with art mimicking JRjr's stuff.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

Also, calling it an "animated series" is a stretch. The last BP cartoon was nothing more than a well done motion comic (the best motion comic to date) in regards to animation,voice acting,and the score.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1