"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

spyke

Feb 11, 2002
Ratings
414 1 1
Visit site
I wonder if airing the show so late at night could be a sign the writing and stuff featured this Season will be more mature than what we had before. I doubt it but who knows.

It's also kind of funny how inhabitants of Atlantis will be villains, and this is airing somewhat close to the release of Aquaman.
I think that a POSSIBLE reason why they are airing new episodes so late at night is because the executives of the network don't think that a Black Panther focused AA season will do well in the ratings DESPITE the movie being a huge hit. Sadly, this is how a lot of narrow minded and racist white TV and movie executives think.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,164 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Thoughts:

- Oh look, T'Challa has a goatee now. I wonder why :rolleyes2:.

- The animation looks decent to average by Marvel Animation standards. Maybe not as refined as Guardians (or as bright and fluid as Marvel Rising), but a step up from Marvel's Spider-Man :sweat:.

- You can see T'Challa and the Doras in their movie costumes fighting Crossbones and some robots :cool:.

- I really don't care for Thor's beard here. Also, Captain Marvel looks like she continues to lose hair :p.

- Tony and T'Challa bonding makes me realize I think they've probably interacted the least of any of the characters this season :ack:.

- Shots of Tiger Shark, Princess Zanda, and I believe that's M'Baku at the end :evil:.

- T'Challa in a white suit is interesting. Is it a winter suit? Or a stealth suit like the Hatut Zeraze from the comics (which White Wolf is a part of) :)?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,164 46
Sherman Oaks CA
There are probably more examples I can't think of at the moment, but Thor's beard here reminds me of his design from the Next Avengers animated movie.
View attachment 198392
Although unlike in this show, the beard actually looks good there :p.
That's not T'Challa, that's his adopted Russian brother Hunter the White Wolf.
No, I think that's T'Challa. We've seen Hunter's costume, but it's not a white Black Panther suit like in the trailer.

spyke

Feb 11, 2002
Ratings
414 1 1
Visit site
Although unlike in this show, the beard actually looks good there :p.

No, I think that's T'Challa. We've seen Hunter's costume, but it's not a white Black Panther suit like in the trailer.
The design for Hunter's costume in the promotional art poster for the show could have been changed for the actual show. If it's not Hunter, then it could be Kasper Cole in his White Tiger costume.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,601 6
A Valid Location
I still think that's T'Challa, in an alternate costume, but we'll find out soon enough. I like the idea it might be Kasper Cole - I think it's more plausible than being Hunter, and they did kind of tease we'll see more Black Panthers this Season (he sort of counts, I guess).

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,164 46
Sherman Oaks CA
The design for Hunter's costume in the promotional art poster for the show could have been changed for the actual show. If it's not Hunter, then it could be Kasper Cole in his White Tiger costume.
You see T'Challa holding Hunter in his design from the promo art and Shuri in one scene of the trailer.

I'd be down for Kasper popping up, but I think the trailer makes it pretty clear that's supposed to be T'Challa in a different suit.
I still think that's T'Challa, in an alternate costume, but we'll find out soon enough. I like the idea it might be Kasper Cole - I think it's more plausible than being Hunter, and they did kind of tease we'll see more Black Panthers this Season (he sort of counts, I guess).
I think they meant we'll be seeing past Black Panthers, but I would still be down for an appearance by Kasper Cole :).

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,164 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Zap2It lists a new episode "The Panther and the Wolf", for October 7th. No description available yet.
I'm guessing this will be White Wolf's debut on the show, as he and T'Challa team-up on a mission :cool:.
I can't take credit for this theory, since I saw someone mentioned it in a YouTube comment section, but what if White Wolf ends up being a fully-redeemed Bucky/Winter Soldier in disguise?
Scott Porter confirmed on Twitter that White Wolf is Hunter from the comics.

I guess it could've been a misdirect, but I doubt it. Otherwise they probably wouldn't have even revealed who White Wolf is in the show.

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,478 10
I'm guessing this will be White Wolf's debut on the show, as he and T'Challa team-up on a mission :cool:.

Scott Porter confirmed on Twitter that White Wolf is Hunter from the comics.

I guess it could've been a misdirect, but I doubt it. Otherwise they probably wouldn't have even revealed who White Wolf is in the show.
Who's to say "Hunter" isn't just a codename here? ;)