"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Nov 30, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the ninth installment of the Avengers Assemble News and Discussion thread, here on the Marvel Animation Forum! This thread includes discussion about all of its seasons - whether its Avengers: Ultron Revolution, the currently airing Avengers: Secret Wars, or the upcoming 5th season Avengers: Black Panther's Quest, which promises to have even more characters - both good and bad - than before! Keep up to date with any news about the show, and discuss them in a civilized manner right here!

[​IMG]
    Sundays on Disney XD

Avengers: Secret Wars series description:
    Avengers: Secret Wars cast and crew details:
    Stay tuned for further updates on Marvel's Avengers Assemble here at Toonzone!

Comments?

Previous Discussion Threads
    :
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)
    -Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

Continuing from the previous thread, here's a preview for this week's episode, "New Year's Resolution":

• Like Like x 1
  2. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

He also appears to no longer be a decendent of Tony Stark. Maybe those RUMORS about Disney in talks to buy FOX Studios are true, LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think the idea of Kang being a descendant of Tony is something the writers were really all that serious about, or had anything to do with the possible Fox buyout, otherwise they would've emphasized it more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Rudimentary 30th Century tech. Not as good as the ones from the 41st Century.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

On the previous thread, the idea of Shuri being voiced by Cree Summers was brought up, I personally think she'd be more suited to voice Riri Williams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Masasa Moyo would make more sense for Riri, personally.

7. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

I didn't say that Kang being Tony Stark's descendant when he first appeared last season had anything to do with Disney possibly buying FOX. I was saying that Kang being made Tony's descendant had everything to do with the fact that Disney/Marvel didn't have the movie rights to all of the FF characters. In other words, the writers weren't allowed to either use or mention any FF or related characters that Disney/Marvel didn't have the movie rights to. So they couldn't mention that Kang was the descendant of one of Reed Richard's half siblings that his father had in an alternate timeline.

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

They didn't even outright make him a Tony Stark descendant. I recall Tony just brought that up to mess with Kang, it wasn't a serious plot point.

I mean, Earth's Mightiest Heroes didn't even go into Kang's background at all, so I don't think it's really that big of a deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

IIRC, they flat out stated that Kang was a descendant of Tony Stark.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I really don't remember that at all. At most they floated the idea around, but that's about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TheLemsterPju

Nope. Tony just brought up the whole connection to Kang just to irk him. As far as any actual connection, there was nothing I found in the episodes themselves (via transcripts) that gave confirmation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

New episodes scheduled to premiere in January, according to Zap2It. I presume the last four are supposed to air either on January 14th (not the 4th), or on February 4th; we'll see in due time. No descriptions available yet.

S04, E15 The Eye of Agamotto Part One 1/07/2018
    S04, E16 The Eye of Agamotto Part Two 1/07/2018
    S04, E17 Beyond 1/04/2018
    S04, E18 Underworld 1/04/2018
    S04, E19 The Immortal Weapon 1/04/2018
    S04, E20 The Vibranium Coast 1/04/2018

• Informative Informative x 2
    #12 RoyalRubble, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Judging by the descriptions:

- Looks like we're getting a Dr. Strange two-parter with "The Eye of Agamotto." It feels like it's been a while since we've seen Strange in a cartoon, so that should be fun, though I hope against hope Dormammu won't end up being the villain again :sweat:.

- "Beyond" seems like it's going to introduce the Beyonders and kick start the actual Secret Wars storyline :cool:.

- I'm guessing "Underworld" is the Monster Underworld? I believe that was one of the Battelworld worlds :).

- "The Immortal Weapon" is probably a K'un-Lun world. I wonder if Iron Fist will show up :D?

- "Vibranium Coast" is likely a Wakandan-based world, so I imagine Black Panther will probably have a leading role in this. Maybe we'll finally see some of his supporting cast in-time for Panther's Quest next season :rolleyes2:?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Really praying for Shuma Gorath or Blackheart.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TheLemsterPju

I'm guessing in the "Eye of Agamotto" two-parter we'll be introduced to the Black Priests; who were the multiverse's defense against the "Incursions". It would be fitting, since we appear to be leading into the Secret Wars/Battleworld part of the season.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Hope this show gets a season 6 with the X-Men.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Let's hope they wouldn't repeat themselves with an "Avengers vs. X-Men" storyline after Civil War :rolleyes2:.

18. brodie999

brodie999 Active Member

Descriptions for the episodes set to premiere next month became available 8 hours ago today. Here is the article for January 2018's Disney XD programming highlights.
    Sunday, Jan.7
    "The Eye of Agamotto, Parts One and Two"
    (8:00-9:00 A.M EST)
    "The vengeful Agamotto attacks the Avengers and attempts to take back the Eye of Agamotto!"
    Sunday, Jan.14
    "Beyond"
    (8:00-8:30 A.M EST)
    "After the Avengers are transported to a strange new world, Captain America and Black Widow find Iron Man and battle the mysterious Moon Knight"
    "Underworld"
    (8:30-9:00 A.M EST)
    "As they search for the Bifrost and a way to undo Battleworld, the Avengers must battle the Enchantress"
    "The Immortal Weapon"
    (9:00-9:30 A.M EST)
    "While trying to retrieve Heimdall's sword, Black Panther and Falcon team up with Iron Fist to overcome symbiote-powered Dracula and his vampires."
    "The Vibranium Coast"
    (9:30-10:00 A.M EST)
    "Ant-Man and Ms. Marvel must team up with the pirate Typhoid Mary to battle Red Skull and Crossbones."

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This sounds a lot like that storyline in Brian Michael Bendis' New Avengers run where the Avengers and Dr. Strange go up against Agamotto/Ancient One :eek:.

I'm expecting Dr. Strange will show up here so I'm curious to see how they'll depict him in light of his solo film...I hope we're not due another character reboot :sad:.
    Oh hey, Iron Man's finally back! Even though we've already seen him again in the one-off episodes :rolleyes2:.

I wonder if they'll get Diedrich Bader back as Moon Knight :)?

Though "mysterious?" Weren't they looking at him to join at the end of season 2 :confused:?
    I wonder why the Bifrost is key to undoing Battleworld? Because it's connected to the Nine Realms o_O?

I was wondering when Enchantress would make a comeback given she was the only member of the Cabal to escape capture/punishment :evil:.
    "Symbiote-powered Dracula and his vampires?" Yep, this Battleworld is as random as the comics :p.

I guess the heroes are after Heimdall's sword so they have a means to control the Bifrost :ack:.

I wonder if they'll get Greg Cipes back as Iron Fist or if he'll be different from the Iron Fist from USM...?
    "Pirate Typhoid Mary" Okay, why not :harley:?

Red Skull and Crossbones together is classic :cool:.

Honestly, a lot of these plots remind me of Justice League Action...which is not a bad thing :D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. TheLemsterPju

These sound like very fun episodes. I look forward to seeing Iron Fist and Dracula return! (Typhoid Mary too if they can build on her character more.)

• Like Like x 1