"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 8 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medinnus

Staff member
Oct 21, 2010
Ratings
Colorado Springs
I know this is probably the not the cartoon to expect serious and intimate character development or relationships...
That would take a depth and consistency of character development that is quite alien to Marvel Animation at this point in time; these are cardboard characters with only the minimum difference required for some of the different voices of the characters (IE Captain America and the Black panther are the confident commanders, Captain Carol is an arrogant trash-talker, Thor a "thee and thou" windbang, etc).

The one-dimensional nature of the characterizations has been emblematic since Loeb took over, and established that anything more would just confuse the children at whom the cartoon is aimed, regardless of the long history (back to Stan Lee) of Marvel characters being well-rounded characters engaged in soap-opera romances constantly. Go back and look at the comic source material, and you can't walk away without a patina of Valentines-level schmaltz all over your shoes, from Hawkeye fighting Iron Man to safeguard the Black Widow, to Amora plotting to capture and control Thor, to the many heart-angsts of Peter Parker, to Captain America pining for Agent 13.

It's a serious fault, unless you consider the 8-14 male market to be complete idiots - which Marvel Animation obviously does. The "he-man woman's hater club" mentality is mired in the 1950's.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,623 6
A Valid Location
Cort Lane talked a little about the next season in this interview (which contains big spoilers for Guardians of the Galaxy - I'm just posting the part relevant to Black Panther's Quest here).
http://collider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-season-2-finale-explained/#season-3-details
What’s next for Marvel Animation?
Lane: Our Black Panther show, [Avengers Assemble: Season 5 – Black Panther’s Quest], is just coming along beautifully. We’re very excited. There will be some big casting news attached to that as well. It’s a serious sort of thrilling political [story] full of excitement and cliffhangers and espionage and incredible technology, almost sci-fi, but at the same time it’s grounded by this very sweet and relatable relationship between T’Challa and Shuri, a brother and a sister … an over-protective older brother, a sassy and ambitious younger sister who are both grieving the loss of their father who find themselves sometimes at odds but also watching each other’s backs at the same time. I’m very proud of the work that we’re doing with that show.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,185 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Cort Lane talked a little about the next season in this interview (which contains big spoilers for Guardians of the Galaxy - I'm just posting the part relevant to Black Panther's Quest here).
http://collider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-season-2-finale-explained/#season-3-details
A Sci-Fi, espionage, political thriller sounds in-line with what we're getting from the movie (which can only be a good thing) :cool:.

Also sounds like T'Challa and Shuri's relationship will be central to the series, which is great :anime:.

I'm guessing the casting news will probably be pertaining to Shuri and the rest of the supporting cast, and maybe some of the villains (including Killmonger I imagine) :evil:.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,185 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Political thriller? Yeah, I’m sure kids love those....
I think it depends how you handle it.

Like, the main character is a king, so there's got to be some kind of political element, but there will probably be more action to keep the kids interested compared to, say, the episodes focused on the Senate from Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

And I can’t help but feel that Shuri is going to be voiced by Cree Summer using her Kida (Disney’s Atlantis) voice.
Cree Summer as Shuri seems too obvious, but I feel like she'll probably end up voicing at least one major character in this.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,185 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Here's the description for "New Year's Resolution", from the Disney Press website. It's production code is 402.
It'll be good to end the year with the much publicized Agent Carter episode :D.

Though is this episode going to deal with Iron Man coming back or will he just be there like he was in the Halloween episode :sweat:?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,185 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Eugene Son also revealed the credits for "New Year's Resolution":

Written by Danielle Wolff
Directed by Tim Eldred

I don't remember if Howard Stark had any lines or who his voice actor was before on the show, but in this episode he's voiced by Charlie Schlatter.
Schlatter appears to be doing a riff on Dominic Cooper's Howard Stark, which I guess works well alongside Mick Wingert's RDJ impression :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.