"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

How long ago was this tie-in digital comic released? If it was a while ago, then I imagine it was before Vision was even intended to show up in Assemble, and plans and details can obviously change before they're set officially in the cartoon.

2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

October 12, 2012....I'll continue to doubt it until proven wrong. That's my motto.

• Like Like x 1
    #482 TheLemsterPju, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Fair enough ;).

4. NoOneInParticular

NoOneInParticular New Member

Id like to think that to, but just look at his tumbler page how to fail upwards. When asked how he was going to explain how EMH and AA could possibly be the same continuity his response was "…and that explaining will all be done by online obsessives filling their time." Someone asked about if ronans death before the first ep of gotg was the movie death or the hulk agents of smash one and he said"Back in my day piecing the timeline together was fan’s work!" The guy doesn't give a damn about continuity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigdaddy313

bigdaddy313 Well-Known Member

Actually he clarified that EMHS and AA are not in the same continuity just like anyone with common sense like us knew from the beginning.

He didn't say he doesn't care about continuity, he is definitely going to bring continuity into the Marvel animations properly with each other better than before I believe.

HAOS was the odd one out now that it's gone it is easier for them to blend the rest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, Wacker may have had continuity issues when it came to his comics (particularly with ASM), but unless explicitly stated otherwise I have no reason to think he won't try and keep the MAU shows in consistent continuity with each other :).

7. NoOneInParticular

Ah ok (he should have just said its not connected to the guy he was commenting too). Seeing some continuity would defiantly be nice so I hope that he does deliver though with that. It would be interesting to see an official timeline from him hopefully one day.

8. TheLemsterPju

http://www.thecomicboard.com/forum/showthread.php?14197-Marvel-Animated-Universe-Timeline

I made a whole thread here of this timeline I cooked up. No one seemed to care (except the writers of AA on Twitter who are using it as reference, no joke), so I'll post the link again in the hopes that it will help others understand the continuity a little better.

• Like Like x 2
    #488 TheLemsterPju, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  9. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

That happens all the time with the tie-in comics. They're usually done by different creative teams before the actual writers/producers/whatever decide how they're going to depict the characters on the show, so things inevitably get gunked up.

10. Capt.Traphouse

Capt.Traphouse Sexiest Thing Since Sex

Seems my boy is rising up, good stuff man. Whya are the chronological dates about a year behind their airdate?

11. TheLemsterPju

It's not in "real time". I explained it all in a private message with another individual. But I'll copy-and-paste it here for everyone to read.

* Peter Parker has been Spider-Man for almost one year when Ultimate Spider-Man first aired. Issue #6 of the tie-in comic has a letter to him dated in April 2011, the comic itself takes place a few weeks after the events of Episode 1 (according to a bit of dialogue from Aunt May.) Though it would have to take place a year after 2011 since in "Nightmares on Christmas" in the Christmas Day flashback he had a different costume and he hadn't joined SHIELD yet. The first episode would have to take place a little bit before April in order for his full year as Spider-Man to set in.

* Summer hasn't began yet by "Snow Day", and White Tiger mentions something about an "early Christmas present" so it would have early in the year but still during winter. According to my research, 2012's winter (in real life) ended in March 19th. It would have to be at least a teensy bit after the previous 18 episodes since you can't have all these events take place within a month's time.

* The placement of Avengers Assemble episode 1 was a guess. It would have to occur before the USM season finale and the Halloween special. (If the production dates are anything to go by. Though it's obvious that Spider-Man turned down his first offer to join the Avengers judging from the first few minutes of the Season 3 premiere.) USM's Season 3 premiere had to have been after Halloween, though before "In Deep" seeing as Attuma is all by his lonesome, without the Cabal. It can't be during Season 2 when the Cabal had split up, since Falcon still has his Season 1 costume.

* In AA's "Hulk's Day Out" (episode 14; one episode after "In Deep"), Spider-Man mentions that he's taking finals, which occur in December and May for a majority of High Schools. It would have to be December considering the place of the episodes.

* The first 12 episodes of USM Season 3 clearly took place very close to each other; still leaving it in 2012.

* "Molecule Kid" is the first mention of Hulk not being with the Avengers. It's a rough estimate, but I placed the first few episodes of HatAoS between that AA episode and the next.

* In AA's "One Little Thing", Red Hulk calls Hulk on his phone in a scene. In HatAoS's "All About the Ego", it's Red Hulk who shows up with new weapon to the team. He was likely to call the Hulk about a "surprise" waiting for him in Vista Verde.

* "Hulks on Ice" is mentioned in a line of dialogue to have taken place in July. This is in 2013, and before the Christmas special, considering the episode placement. The Halloween special from Season 2 would have to have occurred a year later. (2014)

* Peter transfers from Midtown High to SHIELD Academy. Falcon's season 2 armor is on display. I forget the episode, but it's mentioned later on that the "SHIELD Academy" episodes are before "summer break".

12. TheLemsterPju

• Informative Informative x 1
    #492 TheLemsterPju, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  13. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

14. NoOneInParticular

So wait. Vison has the movie origin's? Does this mean that the movie events happened in the animated shows?

15. TheLemsterPju

I'm aware, but I'm not the one that asked the question.

16. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

Official poster of Season 3:
    [​IMG]

Some members seem to have a change of wardrobe:
    + Hulk seems to have some decent pants, finally. I hope they will be the same ones from "Hulk and the Agents of SMASH".
    + Cap's uniform looks like more to his outfit from WWII.
    + I like Black Widow's outfit, although her new weapons reminds me the ones of Mockingbird. And I have to say, she doesn't look like the same without her bracalets-stingers. Waht are those new devices? Is she trying to steal Spider-Man's webshooters or what?

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Seriously? So, he'll just pop up as if he's always been there, just like Ultron did? And they'll just assume kids won't be confused because the movies already handled his origin? They could at least mention it in a line of dialogue instead of just assuming the audience already knows it having seen the movies, which hopefully they will instead of just leading with the idea that he's been in existence since season one :rolleyes:.

So I guess this means we won't be seeing Ultron's origin actually explained either, with just the assumption that it's the same as the movie version. And with that in mind, I wonder if they'll touch on Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Ms. Marvel's origins? The latter I can see them definitely touching on to work in the Inhumans at least :cool:.

Disappointing, but expected, to see there are no plans for Wasp. Carol's been pushed by Marvel for a while now and Wacker had a hand in that, so it's no wonder she's showing up, while Scarlet Witch has the rights issues that's keeping her from being used, and Wasp probably won't show up in the movies for a while so no reason or need to focus on her or debut her in the MAU :(.

18. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I don't mean to judge or compare, but when the animated Batman and Superman shows came out, they weren't completely based on the Richard Donner and Tim Burton films. Sure they were inspired by them, but for the most part they were still doing their own thing with their respective programs while adapting stories from the comics.

They could have done the same thing here, with the current animated Marvel shows, but they insist on cashing in whatever material from each successive movie.

They should not have to wait for another movie, to put Wasp in, be it Janet or Hope. Just do your own thing with your shows and stop cashing in.

• Agree Agree x 3
    #498 Troy Troodon, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  19. TheLemsterPju

Looks like the Squadron Supreme have a new member. I believe it's Nuke.

20. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

Cap's uniform in the poster looks more like his uniform in Avengers: Age of Ultron then his WWII uniform, Its the same for Black Widow and she seems to be using her baton weapons from Age of Ultron as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.