Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Downgraded" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Feb 15, 2015.

?

Rate this episode

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

12.5%
  4. ***1/2

12.5%
  5. ***

12.5%
  6. **1/2

12.5%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

25.0%
  10. 1/2

25.0%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Check out Marvel's Avengers Assemble!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Avengers Assemble "Downgraded"
    Episode Premiere Date - February 15th, 2015
    Stranded without his gear in a dangerous realm where technology doesn't work, Falcon must prove to himself and a skeptical Hawkeye that he's still a hero

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

I liked that Clint was able to hold his own by just using the weapons the realm already had.

3. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon The Christmas Cretin

Better than I thought it would be, still not particularly special or memorable. I liked this episode better than last season's take on this plot.

I'm pretty sure Clint said "electromagnetic pulse" on an episode of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. That's how far this character has fallen.

4. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

It's possible he was being sarcastic and didn't really care about Falcon's sentiment of proving his skill.

5. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Good to hear Jennifer Hale on the show, heres to hoping she'll reprise her her role as Ms. Marve... Hahahaha, oh who a I kidding, at any rate we may never see her or any other avenger in animation again. Thanks Joe Quesada! (Sarcasm)

#5 Troy Troodon, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  6. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

We will see other Avengers when they appear in the MCU... I hope not.

7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I liked the episode, but also can't help but feel that it was mostly treading old ground. Those beasts that suck up electricity were cool, and I could see how they would present a problem for Thor in the comics.

Small thing, but I hate how Iron Man still doesn't believe in magic.

8. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

This episode is another example of why Marvel animation under Quesada and Loeb sucks. They keep reusing plot ideas and they dumb down the characters and the stories.

9. Capt. Speedbump

I get the feeling this episode was written with Tony Stark/Iron Man learning that skills can be more important and you can't always rely on tech, but the writers realized they had already done that in multiple past episodes, so they substituted Falcon (and possibly subbed Hawkeye for Captain America).

It was good to see the Wrecking Crew, but for once, I'd like to see an episode where they are the main villains instead of first-few-minutes-filler. I find them more interesting than mindless energy-vampire creatures.

10. strugler

strugler Member

Horrible episode!

I am really tired of these rehashed plots. I wonder what other lesson i will learn with the Avengers Assemble next week? Hopefully it has to do with how i shouldn't rely on tech, because it has only been done 13 times, which is clearly not enough. Yaaaaay!

Horrible annoying music too btw

Can't wait for the Wacker episodes which should start with episode 14 (next week is ep 12), so i can finally know if there is hope for Marvel animation or not.

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I enjoyed the episode and focusing on the Falcon/Hawkeye team-up.

It wasn't magic or tech that solved Falcon's problem, it was science. He needed to use his intellect.

12. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Episodes like this really make me wonder what the thought process is when making new episodes.

Like is upper management just insane, are they just not trying at all, does anyone working on show even care what they're doing, are they just trying get as much episodes done with as quickly as possible?

13. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Captain Marvel has a movie coming out in a few years so I'm certain they'll try to use her in stuff ahead of that.

14. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What a horrible episode. Comments below:

* The AvenJet is the ugliest thing ever. The Quinjet was such a sleek, elegant vehicle.

* Hawkeye was played more vicious and mean-spirited than ever before. Considering that his arrows are tech-enhanced, I don't see how he can have such contempt for Falcon's tech, or fail to understand it..

* What tech does the Wrecking Crew have to upgrade? An exo-skeleton was almost certainly weaker than the Wrecker and his crowbar... With the exception of Thunderball, they're Asgardian-enhanced thugs. Totally mis-cast villains here. And no real threat to just Thor, let alone the entire team.

* An Asgardian rune stone Rubik's Cube? Really?

* Hulk and Thor thumb-wrestling? Really? I suppose it would keep down the repair bills...

* Unless Vanaheim is also known as "Land of the Frequent Thunderstorms", I don't see how those beasts can exist (except for the cop-out of "Its magic", which is just about synonymous with "lazy writing"), especially in quantity.

* Lady Freya. OK. I guess. Its not like Thor follows his own mythology, why should anyone else?

* Thank goodness kite-wings work; I guess they banished Physics when they banished tech. Because poor writi...err... Magic!

15. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

They're not trying and they don't care because they are making this show for kids. They believe that "for kids" equals "dumbed down over sanitized rehashed plots". They don't have any respect for their audience. Like their comics over the last 14 years, they see the audience for this material in either one of 2 groups, mature KEWL teens and adults or stupid young kids. They don't know how to write for all ages. Hell, they think that "all ages" means "only for kids" and not f"for people of all ages". This is the type of idiotic mentality that Quesada has brought to Marvel.

Don't forget about how the non super powered Black Widow is able to take down a member of the Wrecking Crew by kicking them.

#15 spyke, Feb 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  16. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't shower for a few days, my feet would even stun the Hulk!

17. McMax

McMax Member

First haven't they done this "tech don't work" twice before? The only saving was another of the Nine Realms on screen. And if you have a magic light that annihilates the electric monsters then would you take that and exterminate those monsters and be free of them!

And I thought this show is Avengers Assemble not The Hawkeye Show. He has been the center character of the last 4 or 5 episodes and I've had enough of it! Can't he be on the B story line once and awhile? I do enjoy this show and are glad that the Avengers are on TV but after each ep I feel a brief pang for Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

18. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon The Christmas Cretin

You can laugh now, but mark my words, that joke will show up in one of the Marvel Animation shows. If it hasn't already.

19. webmonkey44

webmonkey44 Member

Honestly what is it with social message idiot ball episodes. for episodes i like like the dark avengers and learning hall, there way to many repeated social message that only fits in the plot due to character(s) taking up an idiot ball. falcon with misusing a runestone he doesnt understand when he's smarter than that(the government hiring abomination as a unquestionably loyal solider has second prize for dumb)... Kim possible had better continuity and that was by accident.

20. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm glad I don't watch this show enough to realize they've done this plot before.
    If the monsters can absorb electricity which leads to Tony not being able to use his suit, than how come the arc reactor in his chest is still working?