"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (TV Series)" General News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
11/26: Neat, those Xenomorph-ish aliens we saw in previews are named Vrellnexians. An obscure insectoid alien race created by Conway and Buscema back in 1973 in a Thor comic. Typical dominate and enslave the universe types.

11/27: New season cast photo released. The cast also wrapped filming the 100th episode and had a cake.

My revised theory is, yes, they're in space but that was to distract you. The real revelation is they've been sent into the future. Time travel. And that 'asteroid belt' Coulson stared at is what's left of Earth. Maybe a tie in to a possible future where Thanos won then the tie-in to Infinity War will be they return to the present with some knowledge to prevent a key event from happening. But somehow this ship with what's left of humanity was launched just in time before Earth got blown up. Since it's Marvel, it'd be neat if it was 2099 but probably just a couple decades into the future.

11/28: Dove Cameron signed on for a role.

Magmaster12

Dec 31, 2013
Ratings
660 3
I just can't believe any theory about this tieing into infinity war because that would mean the tv and film side are in contact with each other still and I highly dought that.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
11/29: Gregg confirms the debt Coulson owes Ghost Rider will come due and raises the stakes on everything going forward.

11/30: The EPs tease that Dove surprised them during casting. They were looking at different people and she wasn't an obvious fit for but she came in and nailed it. They also confirm she's not playing Sinara, the Kree woman in the trailer (that's Florence Faivre).

12/1: The Framework will come back in a surprising way (but for real, they're in space).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
12/5: Logline and photos for episode 4 "A Life Earned" which airs December 15. Hmm, is Kasius making scratch by finding Inhumans and making them fight in "The Crater" - mentioned by one of those Kree Watch who punched Mack around?

12/6: Episode titles up to the 100th episode have been released and it looks like they're airing continuously with no break.
December 01, 2017 (89) 01. Orientation Day Part 1
December 01, 2017 (90) 02. Orientation Day Part 2
December 08, 2017 (91) 03. A Life Spent
December 15, 2017 (92) 04. A Life Earned
December 22, 2017 (93) 05. Rewind
December 29, 2017 (94) 06. Fun & Games
January 5, 2018 (95) 07. Together or Not at All
January 12, 2018 (96) 08. The Last Day
January 19, 2018 (97) 09. Best Laid Plans
January 26, 2018 (98) 10. Past Life
February 2, 2018 (99) 11. All the Comforts of Home
February 9, 2018 (100) 12. The Real Deal
So probably aiming for a March hiatus like last season.

12/7: Clip for episode 3 "A Life Spent"

Dove Cameron's role might have been spoiled by the Secret Warriors animated movie announcement today, a version of Spider-Gwen named Ghost Spider.

The first This Week in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. podcast of the season was posted with Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen as the guests.

Last edited:

reflection01

Jul 16, 2005
Ratings
I'm really surprised it's not taking a break for the Winter Olympics (Feb 9-25). I just don't understand airing the 100th episode opposite the Opening Ceremonies.

Plus, if they go on hiatus Feb 9, 16, and 23 and air the 100th episode on March 2, the 21st episode would be on May 4, the premiere date of Infinity War. The season (maybe series?) finale on May 11 could be an epilogue for Infinity War.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
12/18: Marvel announced a "The Road to 100" art program which will feature posters for key moments in the series to the lead up to the 100th episode. The article also revealed it airs March 9 so it looks like there will be a hiatus because of the Olympics as reflection thought.

EDIT: Clip for "Rewind" and a mini-interview with Blood.

Hm, so at least 6 months pass for Fitz. So around November 2017 in-universe.

12/19: Logline and stills for January 5 episode "Fun & Games" which is Clark Gregg's debut as a director.
DAISY FIGHTS FOR HER LIFE, ON ABC’S ‘MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.’

Clark Gregg Makes His Directorial Debut on the Show “Fun & Games” – With Daisy’s life on the line, an unexpected friend attempts to rescue her, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” FRIDAY, JAN. 5 (9:01-10:01 p.m. EST), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

Guest starring are Eve Harlow as Tess, Dominic Rains as Kasius, Florence Faivre as Sinara, Joel Stoffer as Enoch, Coy Stewart as Flint, Pruitt Taylor Vince as Grill, Tunisha Hubbard as Ava, Erika Ervin as Lady Karaba, Patrick Fabian as Ponarian, Myko Olivier as Ben, Jay Hunter as watch commander, Tim Sitarz as Kree soldier, Isaac C. Singleton Jr. as The Vicar, Samuel Roukin as Faulnak, Michele Tobin as Gretchen and Remington Hoffman as Manston-Dar.

”Fun & Games” was written by Brent Fletcher and directed by Clark Gregg
Clip of last week;s ending and Whedon hinting about "Rewind".

So the current schedule now looks like this (bold are confirmed dates):
December 22, 2017 (95) 05. Rewind
January 5, 2018 (94) 06. Fun & Games
January 12, 2018 (95) 07. Together or Not at All
January 19, 2018 (96) 08. The Last Day
January 26, 2018 (97) 09. Best Laid Plans
February 2, 2018 (98) 10. Past Life
March 2, 2018 (99) 11. All the Comforts of Home
March 9, 2018 (100) 12. The Real Deal

12/22: Interview with Hunter. He confirms there are hints of what happened with Bobbi.

I'm guessing they simply got into another of their infamous fights and are cooling off only to reunite soon enough.

12/23: Blade might be getting his own show in 2018 and/or might be appearing on AOS.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,261 4
Framingham, MA
I hope it's Blade appearing on Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Having Ghost Rider appear was the best thing the show ever did and they need to go to one new major comic book character per season. Blade is one of the only heavy hitters left who isn't tied up elsewhere.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
1/2: Gregg previews "Fun & Games".

1/4: Clip for this Friday's "Fun & Games".

Gregg says the episode will be bloody, two crazy fights, and have lot's of goodbyes.

1/8: At the TCA, Dungey is waiting on the producer's plans for a Season 6 before they decide to renew it or not.

1/18: Expect more hints about the end of the world in this Friday's episode.

1/24: Clip for "Best Laid Plans" released.

1/25: Gregg on Daisy's dilemma.

1/26: Henry Simmons and Natalia Cordova-Buckley preview Mack and Elena's revolution.

1/27: Simmons and Cordova hint the identity of Kasius' seer is shocking. Some of these 2091 characters could be descendants of the main cast.

1/28: Dove Cameron is playing "Ruby", the daughter of General Hale, has cunning intelligence, and is obsessed with Daisy Johnson. She debuts in the March 2nd episode.

1/29: Hiatus for February after this Friday's episode "Past Life" has been confirmed. So yes, they are ducking the Olympics and new episodes start up again on March 2.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
1/31: Clip for this Friday's "Past Life":

2/2: Coy Stewart interview.

2/12: Promo photos, logline, and cast list for March 2nd episode "All the Comforts of Home" released.
Coulson and team set out to rewrite the course of humanity’s fate, but they’re unaware that their efforts will dramatically change one S.H.I.E.L.D agent’s life.
Guest cast is a bit spoilers so
Guest starring are Jeff Ward as Deke, Catherine Dent as General Hale, Dove Cameron as Ruby, Brian Patrick Wade as Carl Creel, Briana Venskus as Agent Piper, Shontae Saldana as Candice Lee, Antonio Aaron as Officer Kennedy, Stewart Skelton as Chief Wellins, Patrick Warburton as General Stoner, Joel David Moore as Noah, Josh Fingerhut as bartender and Amy Tolsky as woman.
”All the Comforts of Home” was written by Drew Z. Greenberg and directed by Kate Woods.
Wow, I wonder if
Patrick Warburton's General Stoner is Rick Stoner from the comics.

2/20: In the 100th episode "The Real Deal", Coulson will reveal the deal he made with Ghost Rider.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
2/21: Stills for ep. 99 "All the Comforts of Home" and ep. 100 "The Real Deal", along with the Road to 100 posters, have been posted. As with the loglines, minor spoiler about a character who's appearing along with the team.

2/24: Appearing in the 100th episode somehow are:
Hive and Lash

2/27: Working on the season finale, the producers admit they are making sure it also works if it's the last episode.

2/28: Clip for this Friday's episode "All the Comforts of Home" released. And comments about General Hale and Ruby.

reflection01

Jul 16, 2005
Ratings
Seems like it would be a missed opportunity to cancel Agents if SHIELD after what should be two straight $1 billion films.

Set Season 6 in Wakanda in the aftermath of Infinity War and the ratings will be huge.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
Ratings
895 1
East Northport
Seems like it would be a missed opportunity to cancel Agents if SHIELD after what should be two straight $1 billion films.

Set Season 6 in Wakanda in the aftermath of Infinity War and the ratings will be huge.
Well that would require the TV series to really have any solid interaction with the actual movie universe which... it doesn't, especially not now. There is a major disconnect between the two divisions especially now with Ike Perlmutter in charge of just the TV side and I don't really see the film division allowing the TV show access to really any plot lines or story bits that would try and directly connect or change what is happening with the films.

Not to mention the shows don't have the budget or time to really even properly showcase places or get the actors from the series involved. I mean an Agents of SHIELD Wakanda would look a whole lot cheaper then the movie version... and not feature T'Challa, Shuri, Okoye or any of the other leads from that movie in any way whatsoever.

Honestly the reason Agents of SHIELD has gone on so long besides certain management in charge of the TV division demanding it is because it's really been doing it's own thing well enough to generate a small content of fan loyalty but that only stretches so far especially when the Cinematic Universe is trying to stretch in other directions. With the streaming series tapping onto other platforms and honestly most other shows try for much different feels or for telling much less generally connected stories. Agents of SHIELD never had that luxury considering who it's star or what the original focus of the show that even though they've changed up still has that association to the general populus.

If the show really is ending I am glad it will be on it's own terms but I think at this point especially after Inhumans that we may be done with the age of ABC Marvel series. DC has kind of proved dominant when it comes to network super hero series and I think that's one battle ground at this point Marvel doesn't mind losing to them in.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
10,998 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
3/2: Interview with Ruby Cameron about the audition, teasing Ruby and tonight's episode.

Clip #2 for "All the Comforts of Home" posted.

3/4: 100 Episodes Featurette "Favorite Romantic & Fight Scenes"

3/5: Wonder Con info released. March 24, 2018 at 4:45PM in the Arena
Your favorite agents are back in Anaheim! Join Clark Gregg, Chloe Bennet, Ming-Na Wen, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker, Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckley, and Jeff Ward, along with executive producers Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon, Jeff Bell, and Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television, to talk all things “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” season five! Find out what’s coming up with a Q&A and sneak peek of a never-before-seen episode
100 Episodes Featurette "Favorite Gadgets"

3/6: Producers confirm the last episode of this season will be written as a season finale and series finale not knowing the fate of the show. There will be resolution, but not for everything, and not everyone will die (yeesh, they had to confirm that?).

"Favorite Deaths" featurette posted.

"Look Back" featurette posted.

3/7: "Favorite Visual Effects" featurette posted.

"100 Episodes in 100 Seconds" featurette posted

Clip #1 for "The Real Deal" posted: