1. Enter for a chance to win the Captain America Blaster Shield and two POP Vinyl figures from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (TV Series)" General News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

11/26: Neat, those Xenomorph-ish aliens we saw in previews are named Vrellnexians. An obscure insectoid alien race created by Conway and Buscema back in 1973 in a Thor comic. Typical dominate and enslave the universe types.

11/27: New season cast photo released. The cast also wrapped filming the 100th episode and had a cake.

My revised theory is, yes, they're in space but that was to distract you. The real revelation is they've been sent into the future. Time travel. And that 'asteroid belt' Coulson stared at is what's left of Earth. Maybe a tie in to a possible future where Thanos won then the tie-in to Infinity War will be they return to the present with some knowledge to prevent a key event from happening. But somehow this ship with what's left of humanity was launched just in time before Earth got blown up. Since it's Marvel, it'd be neat if it was 2099 but probably just a couple decades into the future.

11/28: Dove Cameron signed on for a role.

2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I just can't believe any theory about this tieing into infinity war because that would mean the tv and film side are in contact with each other still and I highly dought that.

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

11/29: Gregg confirms the debt Coulson owes Ghost Rider will come due and raises the stakes on everything going forward.

11/30: The EPs tease that Dove surprised them during casting. They were looking at different people and she wasn't an obvious fit for but she came in and nailed it. They also confirm she's not playing Sinara, the Kree woman in the trailer (that's Florence Faivre).

12/1: The Framework will come back in a surprising way (but for real, they're in space).

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So not only are they in space. But they're also in the future. A bad future in where the planet got decimated.
    This felt darker than usual. I'll stick with it since I enjoyed the last season, but I dunno, I'm not really feeling this.

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

12/5: Logline and photos for episode 4 "A Life Earned" which airs December 15. Hmm, is Kasius making scratch by finding Inhumans and making them fight in "The Crater" - mentioned by one of those Kree Watch who punched Mack around?

12/6: Episode titles up to the 100th episode have been released and it looks like they're airing continuously with no break.
    So probably aiming for a March hiatus like last season.

12/7: Clip for episode 3 "A Life Spent"

Dove Cameron's role might have been spoiled by the Secret Warriors animated movie announcement today, a version of Spider-Gwen named Ghost Spider.

The first This Week in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. podcast of the season was posted with Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen as the guests.

#405 Yojimbo, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  6. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised it's not taking a break for the Winter Olympics (Feb 9-25). I just don't understand airing the 100th episode opposite the Opening Ceremonies.

Plus, if they go on hiatus Feb 9, 16, and 23 and air the 100th episode on March 2, the 21st episode would be on May 4, the premiere date of Infinity War. The season (maybe series?) finale on May 11 could be an epilogue for Infinity War.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

12/18: Marvel announced a "The Road to 100" art program which will feature posters for key moments in the series to the lead up to the 100th episode. The article also revealed it airs March 9 so it looks like there will be a hiatus because of the Olympics as reflection thought.

EDIT: Clip for "Rewind" and a mini-interview with Blood.

Hm, so at least 6 months pass for Fitz. So around November 2017 in-universe.

12/19: Logline and stills for January 5 episode "Fun & Games" which is Clark Gregg's debut as a director.
    Clip of last week;s ending and Whedon hinting about "Rewind".

So the current schedule now looks like this (bold are confirmed dates):
    December 22, 2017 (95) 05. Rewind
    January 5, 2018 (94) 06. Fun & Games
    January 12, 2018 (95) 07. Together or Not at All
    January 19, 2018 (96) 08. The Last Day
    January 26, 2018 (97) 09. Best Laid Plans
    February 2, 2018 (98) 10. Past Life
    March 2, 2018 (99) 11. All the Comforts of Home
    March 9, 2018 (100) 12. The Real Deal

12/22: Interview with Hunter. He confirms there are hints of what happened with Bobbi.

I'm guessing they simply got into another of their infamous fights and are cooling off only to reunite soon enough.

12/23: Blade might be getting his own show in 2018 and/or might be appearing on AOS.

#407 Yojimbo, Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  8. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I hope it's Blade appearing on Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Having Ghost Rider appear was the best thing the show ever did and they need to go to one new major comic book character per season. Blade is one of the only heavy hitters left who isn't tied up elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

1/2: Gregg previews "Fun & Games".

1/4: Clip for this Friday's "Fun & Games".

Gregg says the episode will be bloody, two crazy fights, and have lot's of goodbyes.

1/8: At the TCA, Dungey is waiting on the producer's plans for a Season 6 before they decide to renew it or not.

1/18: Expect more hints about the end of the world in this Friday's episode.

1/24: Clip for "Best Laid Plans" released.

1/25: Gregg on Daisy's dilemma.

1/26: Henry Simmons and Natalia Cordova-Buckley preview Mack and Elena's revolution.

1/27: Simmons and Cordova hint the identity of Kasius' seer is shocking. Some of these 2091 characters could be descendants of the main cast.

1/28: Dove Cameron is playing "Ruby", the daughter of General Hale, has cunning intelligence, and is obsessed with Daisy Johnson. She debuts in the March 2nd episode.

1/29: Hiatus for February after this Friday's episode "Past Life" has been confirmed. So yes, they are ducking the Olympics and new episodes start up again on March 2.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rick Jones

Rick Jones fan-man
    Staff Member Moderator

If this is the end of the first arc, I guess its a good place to take a break.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Hopefully, Rick Jones. Otherwise, it would be cruel but not surprising to make us stew for a month on a cliffhanger.

12. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

This reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons where Homer stole the Olympic torch over all his favorite programming getting preempted because of the Olympics.

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

1/31: Clip for this Friday's "Past Life":

2/2: Coy Stewart interview.

2/12: Promo photos, logline, and cast list for March 2nd episode "All the Comforts of Home" released.
    Guest cast is a bit spoilers so
    Wow, I wonder if
    Patrick Warburton's General Stoner is Rick Stoner from the comics.

2/20: In the 100th episode "The Real Deal", Coulson will reveal the deal he made with Ghost Rider.

14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Good, I've been curious about that deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

2/21: Stills for ep. 99 "All the Comforts of Home" and ep. 100 "The Real Deal", along with the Road to 100 posters, have been posted. As with the loglines, minor spoiler about a character who's appearing along with the team.

2/24: Appearing in the 100th episode somehow are:
    Hive and Lash

2/27: Working on the season finale, the producers admit they are making sure it also works if it's the last episode.

2/28: Clip for this Friday's episode "All the Comforts of Home" released. And comments about General Hale and Ruby.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, I would hate to see the show end, but I do appreciate that the writers seem to have planned an ending just in case. I don't want an Agent Carter cliffhanger situation again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Seems like it would be a missed opportunity to cancel Agents if SHIELD after what should be two straight $1 billion films.

Set Season 6 in Wakanda in the aftermath of Infinity War and the ratings will be huge.

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

3/1: In "The Real Deal", there will be a device that allows characters from the past to return and Gregg teases romance.

19. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Well that would require the TV series to really have any solid interaction with the actual movie universe which... it doesn't, especially not now. There is a major disconnect between the two divisions especially now with Ike Perlmutter in charge of just the TV side and I don't really see the film division allowing the TV show access to really any plot lines or story bits that would try and directly connect or change what is happening with the films.

Not to mention the shows don't have the budget or time to really even properly showcase places or get the actors from the series involved. I mean an Agents of SHIELD Wakanda would look a whole lot cheaper then the movie version... and not feature T'Challa, Shuri, Okoye or any of the other leads from that movie in any way whatsoever.

Honestly the reason Agents of SHIELD has gone on so long besides certain management in charge of the TV division demanding it is because it's really been doing it's own thing well enough to generate a small content of fan loyalty but that only stretches so far especially when the Cinematic Universe is trying to stretch in other directions. With the streaming series tapping onto other platforms and honestly most other shows try for much different feels or for telling much less generally connected stories. Agents of SHIELD never had that luxury considering who it's star or what the original focus of the show that even though they've changed up still has that association to the general populus.

If the show really is ending I am glad it will be on it's own terms but I think at this point especially after Inhumans that we may be done with the age of ABC Marvel series. DC has kind of proved dominant when it comes to network super hero series and I think that's one battle ground at this point Marvel doesn't mind losing to them in.

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

3/2: Interview with Ruby Cameron about the audition, teasing Ruby and tonight's episode.

Clip #2 for "All the Comforts of Home" posted.

3/4: 100 Episodes Featurette "Favorite Romantic & Fight Scenes"

3/5: Wonder Con info released. March 24, 2018 at 4:45PM in the Arena
    100 Episodes Featurette "Favorite Gadgets"

3/6: Producers confirm the last episode of this season will be written as a season finale and series finale not knowing the fate of the show. There will be resolution, but not for everything, and not everyone will die (yeesh, they had to confirm that?).

"Favorite Deaths" featurette posted.

"Look Back" featurette posted.

3/7: "Favorite Visual Effects" featurette posted.

"100 Episodes in 100 Seconds" featurette posted

Clip #1 for "The Real Deal" posted:

• Like Like x 1