"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (TV Series)" General News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I can't believe we lost another Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (and The Avengers) actor in Powers Boothe. This is the third Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. actor after Ron Glass and Bill Paxton in the last seven or so months. I really appreciated Boothe's role in further connecting the movies to the shows with a member of the World Security Council being further expanded upon as well as playing a great villain.

R.I.P. Powers Boothe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    #362 Yojimbo, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
  3. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Apparently, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season five isn't on ABC's fall schedule with a different show airing in its usual Tuesday timeslot. It seems like the show could be returning as a mid-season show in January, after Inhumans finishes airing.

This is definitely different and makes me wonder how much ABC really cares about these Marvel shows.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Basically Friday night is geek night on ABC.

https://www.google.com/amp/ew.com/tv/2017/05/16/once-upon-time-agents-shield-fridays-abc/amp/

OUAT will launch at 8 p.m. ET, followed by the debut of new super series Marvel’s Inhumans, which will run for eight episodes. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will then launch later in the fall, possibly midseason. Both Once and S.H.I.E.L.D. will still have 22 episode seasons.

“We’ve turned Friday into more of a destination for our fantasy and science fiction fans,” ABC Chief Channing Dungey told reporters Tuesday morning. “Once Upon a Time and S.H.I.E.L.D. are airing on the same night for the first time, which is giving many fans of both shows what they’ve been asking for for a long time.”

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm so glad Robbie is back for the finale. I can't wait to see him against murderbot.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like January 2018 for AOS. But Fridays... so the kiss of death slot. I don't have a good feeling about it.

On the bright side five seasons would be a good run if that's is the last. And that would position the series to better to tie-in to the 2018 movies coming out, Black Panther, Infinity War, and maybe even Ant-Man and The Wasp.

Bell on influence of politics on the Framework world.

Bell on Coulson and May.

Bell on Aida in the finale.

Bell and Whedon on Fitzsimmons going forward.

5/17: Interviews with the producers post season 4 finale.

EW interview. Pretty mum but a few hints like
    • Whedon seems to confirm that tac team wasn't from the U.S. military
    • Confirms another time jump.
    • The blue light seen among space is a clue.
    • The public perception of S.H.I.E.L.D. is at an all-time low, so we have not resolved that, and there will be still more fallout from it.
    IGN interview. Seems to hint at more of deep space. Maybe now they're the Agents of S.W.O.R.D., heh.

7. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I'm curious if this will be the last season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. since ABC seems to be trying to end it. I agree that five seasons is a good run. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. just keeps getting better and better. It's honestly my favorite live-action comic/superhero show on TV right now because I find it the most consistent.

As for tie-ins to the movies, they haven't done that recently with Doctor Strange or Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. I understand Guardians but they skipped Doctor Strange too. The only ones they've skipped before are the summer movies after May like Ant-Man, so I kind of doubt any more tie-ins.

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

517: True, they've only referenced those movies this season and Ant-Man last rather than direct tie-ins. I think last direct tie-in was season 2 where they provided the Helicarrier for Fury to use in Age of Ultron. And a Judas bullet from Luke Cage season 1 was used this season to try and kill Mace. Infinity War seems the best choice to do another big direct tie-in event in May.

I'm interested to see the opposite and what Inhumans uses that AOS originated.

5/20: VFX Supervisor Mark Kolpack tweeted season 5 starts in January 2018 and will run without breaks but he's since deleted his posts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. reflection01

They most certainly didn't "skip" Doctor Strange.

The Darkhold saga ran parallel to Doctor Strange.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

5/21: While I've seen lot's of theories develop about the last scene in the season 4 finale as S.W.O.R.D. or the Man on the Wall, the former has a rights issue since it originated in a X-Men comic. And well Maveth was an interesting adventure in space and Guardians of the Galaxy has these deep space adventures plus Infinity War on the horizon, but alternatively the topic of the multiverse and alternate dimensions came up with Robbie Reyes. Plus the producers sighted liking using the Framework since it was basically an AU that wouldn't be tied to the MCU canon. So I think another candidate could be A.R.M.O.R., the Alternate Reality Monitoring and Operational Response agency and Coulson could have in their HQ, the Hollow looking at an intersection of realities represented that blue light in the distance. Coulson did make a cryptic statement to Daisy about Ghost Rider escaping before in "The Laws of Thermo Dynamics" - have to rewatch that.
    5/29: At Phoenix Comic-Con to talk about his work with Agents of SHIELD, Gabriel Luna was asked point-blank how the show will tie into Avengers: Infinity War next year. Luna speaking in general terms, mused an Agents of SWORD storyline would be a perfect crossover event.

6/2: The writers started work on season 5 on May 31.

6/9: Whedon confirms no dead characters will be resurrected through the Framework.

11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Good, no Ward. We don't need him anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

13. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Chris Evans wants out so it's probably fair to say we'll never see Sharon ever again.

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

This past Tuesday, video was posted of Bennet, Buckley and Henstridge having fun on the set but an actor in what appears to be Kree blue walks past in the background.

15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm, if part of the season does take place in space, a Kree appearance would make sense.

Also, now that Marvel can use the Skrulls, I want to hope that they appear down the line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

17. reflection01

There was going to be a Ward this season one way or another.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

ABC President Dungey revealed AOS Season 5 will premiere late fall, earlier than expected. It will start right after Inhumans ends its run in mid-November. Not giving much time for the first arc of the season before winter hiatus...and personally, dang, I was going to enjoy that break between shows airing. lol.

19. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

That's good news. 2018 would have felt like a long wait personally. Has it been said what the episode count will be?

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It was a 22 episode renewal.

• Like Like x 1