"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (TV Series)" General News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by tazmaniak, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

2. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

8/7: It also mentions Skye's father is played by Kyle MacLachlan. Interesting. As the article points out, would be Mac does have history with Jessica Jones in the comics. Hmm. But in any case, must be either someone already stationed in the Playground or one of the new recruits.

8/13: A set pic has shown up. Speculation it's a Kree but kinda looks like Absorbing Man to me.

4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I also probably would have guessed Absorbing Man if the article hadn't pointed out that he could be a Kree :sweat:.

The jeans fit more with Absorbing Man but the actor could just be wearing them while he's getting makeup applied and will change for his scene. Then again, Creel would make sense as an escapee from the Fridge that the Agents have to re-capture...

There's also Graviton and Blizzard who still have yet to debut, so it'll be interesting to see how much the season is comprised of dealing with escapees, Hydra, Skye's past, and the debut of the Supervillains who debuted last season.

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The Fridge escapees could be a cool way to 'populate' the MCU's Earth with supervillains. We already saw Marcus and Garrett referred to Horton. I agree, Absorbing Man could easily be another.

Plus, I'm sure Talbot will still be gunning for them. Unless taking out Cybertek got Coulson brownie points with the military.

6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I always had it in my head that Avengers 2 would be the film that properly introduces the concept of Supervillains to the modern world and the MCU, but the Fridge escapees definitely have the potential to accomplish that as well. And with the Netflix shows coming up, now there'll be more street-level heroes to combat them :).

Oh yeah, they did mention Griffon! It would be awesome if he turned up on the show, but I can see the show having his capture be offscreen :sweat:.

I wonder if the Agents are still wanted even after stopping Garret and his Hydra cell? It'll also be interesting to see how SHIELD operates now that they have little of the authority and manpower they had in the past. They certainly can't wave their badges now and instantly get jurisdiction over a situation.

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

8/15: True. By May 2015, the MCU will be chock full of them.

Hard to say. I mean the military wasn't arresting them after the Cybertek raid. But I have a feeling that Talbot isn't the type of guy to let bygones be bygones and still sees Coulson as a rogue element that needs to be squashed.

8/18: A new billboard has appeared. It features the mystery equation from "Eye Spy" and the season one finale.
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/501515741070245889

8. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

That billboard might be too cryptic

9. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

10. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

From Wonder Woman to Mockingbird, eh? Well, at this least this time she stands to earn a bit more screen time and money. :lol:

11. macattack

macattack I see you!
    Staff Member Reporter

Hopefully this role for her goes better than Wonder Woman did.

12. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

She was also the first Kara in season 3 of Smallville and a villain in the Aquaman pilot. I guess she finally got tire of playing DC characters and decide jump to Marvel.

I wonder if this version Mockingird know Hawkeye?

13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice to see Mockingbird finally cast, and hopefully Adrianne Palicki can do well in the role :).

At least one positive of her casting is that Bobbi will probably still be a blonde. Several comic book blondes, both male and female, have had their hair color changed in live-action that I wasn't sure if they'd keep it for the show :sweat:.

Now why do I get the sense that Mockingbird's going to get compared to Agent Romanov on the show eventually :p?

14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So it was Absorbing Man! Cool :D.

I wonder if he might show up again later in the season with Titania?

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool. Definitely adds weight to the theory Crusher could be one of the escapees they're trying to recapture.

Summary of Q&A from SDCC 2014

"Agents of SHIELD" Looks to Rebuild in Season Two - Comic Book Resources

*Because S.H.I.E.L..D. has crumbled, because we're left with limited resources, Coulson may have to reach outside of the organization -- and that may entail some uneasy alliances
    *Even though we're bringing people into the fold who are there to help us, we might not necessarily see eye to eye all the time. So there will be lots of conflicts.
    *There are a few other Asgardians we'd love to come into play
    * That means making some new S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, and I assume, finding out some new Hydra supervillains
    *The show will reopen "months later," with the rebuilding process already in motion.
    *everyone -- US government, US military and other wise -- wants to arrest us
    *S.H.I.E.L.D.'s illegal. We have very few resources. Everything we're going to do involves dealing with, still, finding out who's Hydra and who's not amongst our friends. To rebuild S.H.I.E.L.D., we're going to need some old friends to prove themselves, some new friends, and we're going to have to do it in a way that's very back alley, old school -- feels very brass knuckles, Cold War spying for me

16. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Absorbing Man? Awesome! I've been waiting for him to appear in the MCU!

17. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Palicki is a really good choice in my opinion. I wonder if she'll be a former field agent or if they'll take the college recruit angle from the earlier tv pitch. I love the Absorbing Man and had my doubts that he would make it into the movies so it's cool that he will be used here. In any show updates, Triplett is not mentioned among the returning cast so I hope he's not being shuffled off.

This reminds me a lot of the breakout from Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I hope they use it to good effect, too.

18. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Yet Triplett is reportedly in Age of Ultron.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.