"Marvel Zombies" Mini-Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Wonder Woman, Dec 7, 2005.

?

Rate and Comment

1. *****

57.1%
  2. ****1/2

14.3%
  3. ****

14.3%
  4. ***1/2

14.3%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Amazing!
    Administrator

The way I read it is that the other zombies were destroyed, but afterwards, some of the "surviving" zombies tried to feast on their remains.

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

3. Xurk

Xurk Active Member

Wow, that "Spider-Man... No More" cover... that's just too awesome, the best one so far!

4. Wonder Woman

The new issue has hit shelves!

MARVEL ZOMBIES #4

[​IMG]

WRITER: Robert Kirkman
    PENCILS: Sean Phillips

THE STORY: The zombies’ battle with the Silver Surfer was just a schoolyard brawl compared to the threat he heralded. Will our flesh-eating undead heroes remain undead, or will this threat from space make them even deader? No Marvel Zombie should miss it!

Thoughts? What are your comments?

5. Shantosh9500

Shantosh9500 Michael Jackson is RETURNING

6. Dekamaster

Dekamaster New Member

Best line so far in this mini- Galactus:You Hunger!?

Btw first time poster long time lurker :D

7. Xurk

Xurk Active Member

Again, loved it.

It's too bad they are only making this a five-parter, I wouldn't mind seeing six parts, and it seems like there's still enough story to tell..

It's so strange to be rooting against the Marvel heroes, uhm, zombies, I kept thinking: "No! Stop building that weapon! Galactus, kill them before it's too late!" :p
    When I saw Venom in a panel, I was wondering: is only Eddie Brock a zombie, or could the symbiote also be a zombie? Seeing as the symbiote lives off of adrenaline, would it still stay bonded to Eddie Brock, seeing as [I presume] dead people don't produce adrenaline?

8. Wonder Woman

While we wait for the final issue Marvel.com has set up a cover gallery for all the zombiefied artwork by the Marvel Zombies cover artist Aurthur Suydam. This is a great collection of some of the best and twisted covers to hit comics in ages all on one page and there's even a new Fantastic Four #1 inspired cover.

http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.299

9. Shantosh9500

Shantosh9500 Michael Jackson is RETURNING

There is another new one based on Amazing Spider-Man #39, in which the Green Goblin's identity is first revealed.

10. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

I've been struggling to find #3, with this second printing now taking place, hopefully I can get back on track with the book. I loved the first two issues, and these new covers look simply ravashing.

I still think the first printing of #1, based on Amazing Fantasy #15 is my favourite.

11. DBZALLSTAR

DBZALLSTAR Active Member

The third printing of Marvel Zombies # 1 (of 5) has officially sold out. A fourth printing is on the way, this time with the cover paying homage to Incredible Hulk # 1. These covers are the best part of the series, not to say the story isn't great, too. I can't wait for the conclusion next week and the lead-in to Ultimate Fantastic Four # 30.

Here's full details:http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=64753

12. Ed Liu

Ed Liu Frog of Thunder
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Howdy,

I just hope that all the variant covers get included when they finally get around to reprinting the series in trade. Even if I was buying the singles, no way I'd be paying for all the variants, no matter how funny they were.

-- Ed

13. DBZALLSTAR

DBZALLSTAR Active Member

The odd thing about the collected edition is that there appears to be two coming out withing a month of each other, at least according to Amazon.com:

Hardcover, supposedly available on June 28, 2006:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...103-3445146-5116641?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Trade Paperback, supposedly available on July 26, 2006:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...103-3445146-5116641?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Either way, I'll be getting a collected edition. I love the miniseries, especially the covers. If Marvel does go through with Marvel Apes, I hope the covers and stories are at least half as good as Marvel Zombies.

On another topic, for anyone who is waiting for a trade to get into Civil War, the Civil War Prelude comes out on July 12, 2006 and collects the New Avengers: Illuminati One Shot and Amazing Spider-Man # 529-531. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...103-3445146-5116641?s=books&v=glance&n=283155) Also, the Infinite Crisis Hardcover is supposedly coming out on August 2, 2006. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...103-3445146-5116641?s=books&v=glance&n=283155) If this is the real release date, I am loving DC's new trade program. If only we could get more Manhunter trades and start getting the Infinite Crisis tie-ins into trades (Firestorm, Nightwing, Breach, etc.)

14. Ed Liu

Ed Liu Frog of Thunder
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Howdy,

It looks like Amazon has since corrected the HC release date to be in July instead. The TPB is listed for the same date, which I know can't be right. In any event, the HC was definitely not in the Marvel June advance solicitations. We'll know for sure by middle of next month if the July date is real or just some date that Amazon made up.

-- Ed/Ace

15. Wonder Woman

The conclusion to the hit mini-series has arrived!

MARVEL ZOMBIES #5 (of 5)

[​IMG]

WRITER: Robert Kirkman
    PENCILS: Sean Phillips

THE STORY: Is it wedding bells—or an Undead extravaganza!?! The world-devouring Galactus makes his way to Earth to discover the dominant life form is—Marvel Zombies! Can the zombies defend their world from the Big G or will they meet their end in a planet-wide conflagration? The answer will shock you in this conclusion that ties into the upcoming Ultimate Fantastic Four storyline “Frightful,” beginning next month!

Thoughts? What are your comments?

16. Beat

Beat Retired

So instead of just Galactus, the Marvel super-zombies are now the planet devourers. I didn't see that coming. It also makes the Big G's tie in to the Ultimates universe more questionable

17. Wonder Woman

I thought that was a great and chilling ending. It's a pretty smart idea on Kirkman's part to have the idea of Galactus turn into that.

While this issue went by a bit fast for me I absolutely loved it. This has been probably one of my favorite Marvel comics in a long time. I've been getting increasingly let down by them in recent years but this comic was just everything I could have hoped for. Once that cliffhanger to the first issue hit I was hooked. This was definitely a comics I looked forward to reading every month. I hope that Marvel decides to do more Marvel Zombie mini-series down the line and keep Kirkman at the helm.

18. Conekiller

Conekiller On the Cruise!

It was a fun read, but I was a bit disappointed we didn't learn the origin of the zombification. Was it magic (hence Wolverine's healing factor didn't come into play) some supervirus? what was it!?

19. Itchy

Itchy Scratchy's enemy

I really like zombie movies and comics, but this concept seems a bit odd even for me. Maybe I'll chack one of the issues out anyway. The cover artwork looks intresting though.

20. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Amazing!
    Administrator

Some sort of alien virus carried over from an infected superhero (The Sentry) whose hunger compelled him to punch through from his dimension into theirs. I don't believe they touched on this in the miniseries, but it was noted in one of the issues of "Ultimate Fantastic Four" leading up to it (issue 22, IIRC).