"Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,012 8
Well, Spider Gwen is easier to say for a teenage hero than Spider Woman (if that truly is like in the comics) (also, teenage Wonder Woman works since she's more iconic). Unless a project is meant to be supernatural, a name like Ghost Spider does have an ominous aura to it.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,912 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Well, Spider Gwen is easier to say for a teenage hero than Spider Woman (if that truly is like in the comics) (also, teenage Wonder Woman works since she's more iconic). Unless a project is meant to be supernatural, a name like Ghost Spider does have an ominous aura to it.
Well, we also usually have a teenage Peter Parker running around as "Spider-Man," so I don't see it as much of an issue :shrug:.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,912 45
Sherman Oaks CA
They said she's called "Ghost Spider" since "Spider-Gwen" doesn't make sense for a character with a secret identity, but everyone seems to forget that she's not actually called Spider-Gwen in the comics :sweat:.

I can only assume that for some reason Marvel doesn't want to associate Gwen Stacy with the Spider-Woman moniker in outside media.

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,442 10
The Marvel Database wiki listed the tie-in comics for this as part of Earth-616. (By an admin of that site I should mention.)

Was this ever confirmed or are the "Marvel Rising" comics separate from the film?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,189 6
A Valid Location
June 28th:
It's not much but Cierra Ramirez shared this photo.

July 6th:
Marvel's new episode of "Earth's Mightiest Show" features Dove Cameron and Cort Lane talking some more about this project. Not much new stuff is revealed, though.

July 12th:
Sort of related, Marvel will launch a new comic series with Gwen Stacy using the new Ghost Spider codename. More details will be revealed at Comic-Con, apparently. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with Marvel Rising, but I figured it would be worth mentioning here.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,912 45
Sherman Oaks CA
July 12th:
Sort of related, Marvel will launch a new comic series with Gwen Stacy using the new Ghost Spider codename. More details will be revealed at Comic-Con, apparently. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with Marvel Rising, but I figured it would be worth mentioning here.
I just assumed they were relaunching the comic version of Spider-Gwen with the Ghost Spider moniker :sweat:.

Now the real question is whether Marvel's Spider-Man's Gwen will start going by "Ghost Spider" once she gets her powers back...

Troy Troodon

Jan 16, 2014
Ratings
1,630 8

First official trailer, and there's something quite extraordinary about it--

The... the animation... looks nice!

Seriously, look at the animation in this trailer, this has to be some of the most fluent, expressive, and vibrant animation and character art Marvel has since Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.