"Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,186 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Deadline reports there will be a panel for Marvel Rising at New York Comic-Con, and they will screen the movie. This wouldn't be a premiere though since it airs on TV like a week earlier. I'll wait for the official schedule and dates before adding it to the list of panels.
I'm guessing if there's any news about a possible continuation or future for this franchise, it'll be there :).
Maybe the NYCC panel will be a way to help keep up momentum for the movie in order to directly gauge audience response for a potential series.

Here is Dee Bradley Baker's interview
A few different scenes from the movie in here :cool:.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,252 8
Yeah, the traces of pink hair are just for cosmetic purposes. It's like how MarvelsSpiderMan gave Harry black hair or Peter green eyes. It's simply a stylistic choice.

Here's another Kamala Khanfidential. On another note, just give her and Squirrel Girl their own show. They have such good chemistry with each other, and they're super funny.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,186 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Yeah, the traces of pink hair are just for cosmetic purposes. It's like how MarvelsSpiderMan gave Harry black hair or Peter green eyes. It's simply a stylistic choice.
Harry's design on Marvel's Spider-Man was based on comic Phil Urich, since they were probably planning on making him the Hobgoblin early on.

Here's another Kamala Khanfidential. On another note, just give her and Squirrel Girl their own show. They have such good chemistry with each other, and they're super funny.
I guess this confirms the Cap who mentored Patriot was Steve Rogers, in-case anyone was curious about that (since Rayshaun is more affiliated with Sam Wilson in the comics) :).

Also doesn't seem like Kamala is as tight with Cap in this universe...

And Squirrel Girl apparently has a crush on Patriot. I wonder if we'll see that in the movie :p?

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,252 8

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,623 6
A Valid Location
That makes sense given they announced previously the movie would be 80 minutes long, and the NYCC panel is scheduled to last 90 minutes. With commercials on TV it should all add up to 2 hours, more or less.

Though I was expecting it to air earlier (around 7PM, before the new Avengers episode).

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,252 8
Last edited by a moderator:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,283 4
177A Bleecker Street
"'Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors' trailer features Marvel's most diverse onscreen team ever"

Why do they say things like this?

Anyway, I don't know if the animation looks as good as Initiation to me but I'm anticipating seeing what they do with this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,186 46
Sherman Oaks CA

I didn't see this posted yet, but here's the Marvel rising trailer
Thoughts:

- Looks like Kamala might be the main POV character in this, which isn't altogether unsurprising considering the plot seems to heavily involve the Inhumans and she's probably the most popular character in this movie ;).

- Did Doreen really need to rip off her entire outfit like that? I guess she was too enthusiastic to worry about her clothing bill :sweat:.

- Miss America's voice...is not what I was expecting. I was expecting her with a much deeper voice, and to be a little more monosyllabic, but I guess that's just how I've read her in the comics :ack:.

- Are those random kids in Superhero costumes supposed to be anybody :confused:?

- It's kind of funny to see them treating Captain Marvel as this big-time major Superhero in the trailer. I mean, in-universe I imagine she's probably a pretty major Avenger, but the trailer is treating her like she's Black Panther or Iron Man. Her movie hasn't even come out yet :p.

- It's not much to go on but I think I already prefer Kim Raver's Carol Danvers to Grey Griffin's. The performance sounds more natural and warm :).

- So I'm guessing this movie is going to end with the teen heroes forming a "Secret Warrior" team after their success stopping Hala, which I guess leaves Ghost Spider in the Spider-Man role of being a major hero who's purely solo rather then a team hero.

"Eat nuts and kick butts." Oh hey, they worked that line in there. Although I usually read it like the VA in the Avengers Academy game said it...

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,283 4
177A Bleecker Street
"Eat nuts and kick butts." Oh hey, they worked that line in there. Although I usually read it like the VA in the Avengers Academy game said it...
It kind of annoys me in the game unlike here.

I hope they can figure a way to do more Ghost Spider after this. I loved Gwen in Initiation and I'd like to see her get some closure on Kevin's death.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited: