"Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors" Animated Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Troy Troodon

Jan 16, 2014
Ratings
1,630 8

Here's a preview clip. It's the same video on both links.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
- Shouldn't Tippy Toe be intro'd after Squirrel Girl?
- I kind'a hoped she'd go with "SBFs!" Granted they may be like it were directly taken from Marvel's competitor, then again SG's monologue was clearly inspired by something from the very source. Though I suppose I probably would've gone with "Heroic Best Friends."
- I wouldn't exactly call Ghost-Spider "Multi-Colored"

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,181 6
A Valid Location
July 27th:
TV Insider has interviews with the cast from Comic-Con. Not much new info, though.

July 29th:
Minor point, but checking through the calendar on the Disney Press website, here are the titles for the 6 "Initiation" animated shorts.

Mission: Ghost Hunter
Floor Toms Spider Webs
BFHF
Two On One
The Stories They Tell
The Secrets We Keep

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,906 45
Sherman Oaks CA
July 29th:
Minor point, but checking through the calendar on the Disney Press website, here are the titles for the 6 "Initiation" animated shorts.

Mission: Ghost Hunter
Floor Toms Spider Webs
BFHF
Two On One
The Stories They Tell
The Secrets We Keep
Judging by these titles:

Mission: Ghost Hunter - The heroes hunting Ghost Spider :eek:.

Floor Toms Spider Webs - (I have no idea what that even means) Ghost Spider vs. Quake and Patriot :cool:.

BFHF - Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl enter the fray ;).

The Stories They Tell - Presumably Gwen espousing what really happened to Kamala and Doreen :ack:.

The Secrets We Keep - I'm guessing this refers to Gwen's secret identity and keeping it from her father and bandmates :).

Mr.O

Sep 21, 2016
Ratings
268 1

Floor Toms Spider Webs - (I have no idea what that even means) Ghost Spider vs. Quake and Patriot :cool:.
Out of all the drum set components, floor toms are an odd choice, and it seems awkwardly used here. I don't know what they mean either. Snare, High hat, or even cow bell might be better for a potential title.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,906 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Tara Strong will voice Mary Jane. Technically another role reprisal from USM (along with Dove Cameron as Gwen).
I'm just glad to know Mary Jane will be getting actual lines in this instead of just being a voiceless cameo, like in the current Spider-Man cartoon :p.

I wonder if she'll get to do some singing for the band, given Tara Strong is a talented singer in her own right :)?

Mary Jane with short hair will take some getting used to, though I'm reminded of her bob cut in the MTV Spider-Man cartoon...

Glad to see she ditched the symbiote lol. I hope we get a mention of Peter Parker. :)
From the Comic-Con panel, it seems like this "Kevin" guy is basically Peter in all but name.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,181 6
A Valid Location
Please stop asking the same question over and over again. If anyone had an answer, they would have said so by now. Be patient and don't bump the thread just to ask for an air-date. Continuing to do so can result in receiving infractions.

In other news, Comic Book Resources published their interviews with the cast from Comic-Con.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,136 4
177A Bleecker Street
I love how Steven Webber's Captain Stacy seems to act like his Norman Osborn from Ultimate Spider-Man :p.

I swear he made that exact same pose on the show ;).
Norman was looking at the camera a little more, which isn't too surprising since he is evil and all.

*Update*

I didn't realize there was anything about the merchandise out there already. It looks as though the toys will be Target Exclusives.

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,442 10
Does anyone else think the name "Kevin" used in promotional material is meant to mislead us? I think it's actually Peter Parker who was murdered in the past. Especially since him and Glory Grant were stated to be best friends in an press release like in the comics.

Although, I don't think it's the same murder that Gwen is framed for.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,906 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Norman was looking at the camera a little more, which isn't too surprising since he is evil and all.

*Update*

I didn't realize there was anything about the merchandise out there already. It looks as though the toys will be Target Exclusives.

I forgot there was supposed to be a doll element to this series. I can't help but be reminded of DC Super Hero Girls :p.
Does anyone else think the name "Kevin" used in promotional material is meant to mislead us? I think it's actually Peter Parker who was murdered in the past. Especially since him and Glory Grant were stated to be best friends in an press release like in the comics.

Although, I don't think it's the same murder that Gwen is framed for.
I'm pretty sure the name "Kevin" was used in the original press release as well, the one where they first confirmed Glory was in it, as well as it being the murder she was framed for.

I think they didn't make the character Peter because they didn't want to deal with the baggage of associating Gwen with Peter or kill off Spider-Man in this.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,136 4
177A Bleecker Street
Wasn't there a note somewhere that Kevin looked like Patriot? If that turns out true, I think he might just have been Kevin. I had been wondering about the status of Spidey in this world though. They haven't mentioned him at all.

I forgot there was supposed to be a doll element to this series. I can't help but be reminded of DC Super Hero Girls :p.
The animation is definitely what's important to me but the merch justifies its existence financially. I wonder if there will be more than dolls and comics.

Last edited: