"Marvel on Netflix" General News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Eh, could be incorrect on interpreting that interview. It feels like he was just pointing out one ep. IMDb lists both him and the child actor portraying young Matt in three to four eps.

2. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Cheo Hodari Coker, the producer behind Ray Donovan and Southland, will be showrunner on Luke Cage. The show premiers in 2016.

3. the greenman

4. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

5. RoryWilliams

6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I saw the first five episodes. The show is fantastic.

Also Devin Faraci is a liar.

7. RoryWilliams

New trailer.
    [video=youtube;iI2JWIN1zMQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI2JWIN1zMQ[/video]

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Only the Kingpin would blow up a building and muse on his plans to raze Hell's Kitchen during a romantic dinner. I feel bad for Vanessa :sweat:.

Nice to see some humor on the show, particularly from good ol' Foggy Nelson ;).

Looks like Matt brings in the rest of Nelson and Murdock to help with his crusade and to go against Fisk. Team Daredevil anyone :cool:?

I wonder if we'll only get to see the red suit from pics people post of it after all the episodes are released? Though I'd think Marvel would want something official showcasing it before that...

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

10. the greenman

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Highlights of the interview for me:

- Charlie Cox's comment on how it felt seeing and then wearing the red suit were very nice to see :D.

- It's always awesome when actors starring in live-action comic book properties do their research by reading the comics, so really happy that both Cox and D'Onofrio did such extensive reading on their characters :).

- And I agree with Cox, the White Tiger trial issues of Bendis and Maleev's run were pretty great ;).

- They make a good point about how there isn't much of a difference between Matt's public persona and Daredevil, or at least he doesn't try to make that much distinction between the two, and his DD identity is more an outlet and method to dish out real justice in Hell's Kitchen. The main point of having a Secret ID for him is just to protect his friends and family from the repercussions of doing that.

- I can see where they would be coming from by saying that "13 hours of storytelling" isn't something people our used to with Superheroes if you just count the movies, but DC's been doing serialized Superhero live-action shows since 2012 with Arrow and even earlier, if you squint, with Smallville.

- Cool getting more info on DD's fighting style :cool:.

- I wonder how DD will make his more public debut? I also wonder if Ben will be the one to name him?

- Great to see D'Onofrio is excited and willing at the possibility of showing up in the new Spider-Man or other Marvel movies. Espescially Spider-Man, since seeing a Spidey movie focused on the more street-level aspect of the character would definitely be a change compared to the previous movies, even if I'd want to see a few more classic Rogues in there as well. Would be awesome to have Fisk competing against Ock/Master Planner or the Green Goblin for control of New York's Underworld.

12. the greenman

Yeah, MARVEL pretty much give them issues or collections of the comics.

Those comments about people aren't used to "13 hours of storytelling", leads me to believe it's different than those DC shows. DeKnight is coming from cable, it's a different vibe I think. There doesn't have to be the tv tropes, the Netflix series can feel like one ongoing arc, instead of doing a proverbial "Halloween" or "Christmas" themed episode.

Honestly, about Spidey, I am little nervous about it. I just think MARVEL has to keep a tight rein on how they allow them to do things. I don't want 'em to taint the MCU.

13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ah! I see what your saying. It goes along well with the idea that the series works like a movie if you watch it in its entirety, just with a lot longer runtime :).

Not that Halloween and Christmas episodes isn't nice to have as well ;).

What do you mean by taint the MCU :ack:?

14. the greenman

If they bring in silly Sony ideas over into the MCU, it could taint it. Eventually, Marvel will fully inherit Spidey, and they have a chance to reboot correctly now. They can keep the same actors, and such. If they do things wrong, Marvel won't acknowledge them in further films at all. Which will be a shame, cause I'd love to see Stark and Banner mention Oscorp.

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I think by now, Marvel Studios knows they have better ideas about Marvel characters than Sony does.

We won't have anything Spidey referenced in Daredevil at least. Since plates are already in action, I also don't think the other Netflix ones will either. While it would be nice to do some seeding, I'm pretty sure we'll be introduced to Spider-Man in the way Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were.

16. the greenman

I'm sure Marvel and Sony are in deep discussions as we speak, which is why both have been mum for about 2 months. It doesn't mean I'm still not nervous, but I feel like they are preparing Spidey as their Phase 3.5 begins. SDCC will more than likely be their huge panel to show off the new Spidey actor and I hope the Sinister Six cast.

They have to juggle those films with concurrent MCU stuff, the Netflix can take a back seat. Though, I'm expecting Defenders to hit in 2017, so there's time for these characters in Infinity War.

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Last I heard, they're skipping SDCC. They'll likely debut him at the big Disney press event.

18. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

You won't feel sorry for Vanessa when you see the actual scene and episode from that clip you are referring to ;) .

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Speaking of, for the 5 episodes you've seen, do you know the titles of them (if any)?

20. the greenman

That's correct, but we heard nothing from Sony. If they're separate, they'd do their own thing, but 2019 is aways away. :p It'll be time for FOX and WB to shine.

D23 should give us our Danny Rand. I still have to wonder if there will be some crossover with Dr. Strange. They have similar origins, but because of that they may alter one of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.