Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by Comics.Bot, Nov 21, 2014.
What I plan on getting:
All-New Captain America #4
All-new X-Men #38
Amazing Spider-Man #14-15
Amazing X-Men #17
Captain Marvel #12
Guardians of the Galaxy & X-men: The Black Vortex Alpha #1
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #10
Ms. Marvel #12
Silver Surfer #10
Spider-Man 2099 #9
Thor Annual and #5
Uncanny Avengers #2
General Comic Thoughts:
- Not sure if I'll collect all of Dark Vortex, since I'm really just reading All New X-Men of the books involved, but I might pick up Star-Lord's book if only for more Kitty and focus on the development of his relationship with her.
- Happy to see Oliver Coipel will be returning to art duties to close out Spider-Verse .
- With all this Incursion development, and how interlinked Avengers and New Avengers are becoming, I'm starting to think I should dive into the New Avengers trades so I can start really keeping up...
- Mark Waid's and Chris Samnee's run on Daredevil is ending? Ah man... well, of course they'll relaunch it to coincide with the Netflix series and likely have a new tone that's more gritty and evocative of the Frank Miller run compared to this one. Which isn't bad in and of itself, though whether I stay on the book or not is pretty dependent on who the new creative team ends up being .
- I hope this fight between Medusa and Black Bolt doesn't end with their marriage irreparably effected. They're one of the few happily married couple still left in the Marvel universe .
- Spidey 2099 vs. Maestro .
- Not sure if I'll be picking up any of the Star Wars books, but they do look interesting .
I don't envy Latour and Rodriguez. The pressure they have to be under has to be pretty great. Spider-Gwen has turned into something far greater than I think pretty much everyone everywhere anticipated, and now we have an ongoing for the character now. The book has to be good (there'll be hell to pay if it's not), and I am sure Marvel has high expectations for sales after the way Edge of Spider-Verse #2 blew up. There's a lot of people demanding a lot of great things on every possible angle from this book. Spider-Gwen #1 is going to have to make all parties, whether they are fans, casual readers, critics, corporate number-crunchers, etc. pleased.
I think the crew is capable of pulling it off but we'll see in a few months, won't we? Good luck, Gwen. Solo on.
Well, while the critical reception of it is likely going to be pretty important, I imagine the sales will factor in a lot more. A positive critical response to a series, and a specific creative team, is all-well and good but I think in the long-run sales will be more important to keeping a book alive. Exceptions to this rule, though, include Captain Marvel through the likely influence of the Carol Corps. and the fact that she's getting her own movie.
But considering the fan clamor over Gwen as Spider-Woman, and the massive positive reception to her Edge of Spider-Verse issue, I don't think sales will be much of an issue unless Latour and Rodriguez drop the ball but I also don't expect that happen .
Silk on the other hand? Yeah, I'm not expecting that series to last very long .
I'll be getting...
Price Drop or Sale (whichever comes first):
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
All-New Ghost Rider
On the fence:
Bucky Barnes: Winter Soldier