Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Comics.Bot, Sep 16, 2014.
Honestly, the Thanos vs Hulk thing is the most interesting. Jim Starlin writing? Oh yes, he always writes an excellent Thanos. I kinda wish they'd bring him in for the films!
I'm getting bored of heroes vs heroes, which seems to take up many of the December comics.
Same here. Say what you will about DC, and you'd probably have valid points, at least they're not constantly throwing out heroes vs. heroes events like Marvel usually ends up doing. Heck, the one small event that looked like it would have heroes vs. heroes, Trinity War, barely had any in the end .
As for what I plan on getting:
All-New Captain America #2
All-New X-Factor #17-18
All-New X-Men #36
Amazing Spider-Man #11-12
Amazing X-Men #14
Avengers & X-Men: Axis #9
Avengers World #16
Axis Revolutions #3-4
Captain Marvel #10
Death of Wolverine: Logan's Legacy #7
Death of Wolverine: The Weapon X Program #3-4
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #8
Spider-Man 2099 #7
General Comic Thoughts:
- Another typical event summary reciting that a characters is going to make some crazy choices and the same the "marvel universe will never be the same again" type stuff that hits all events. I guess it'll be interesting to see which characters remain Inverted, but I wasn't crazy on the idea to begin with so I hope it's not too many. I have a lot of faith in Remender, but after Original Sin it's just hard to care about a Marvel event anymore and nothing about Axis has really done anything to change that .
- She-Hulk breaking the law? Is that really new? Heck, now that I think about it, doesn't Jen have a criminal record? She's at least been in jail before. Kitty going on a robbery spree is a little more interesting, even if I doubt it'll have any lasting effects on her, though I wonder if she'll end up arrested because of it? Then again, I also doubt any police force is really prepared to capture or hold someone with intangibility .
- I wonder how Deadpool's wife will feel about his new zen personality ?
- A full-on Amazing vs. Superior fight? Just what I was hoping for .
- Cool that Carol's reached 100 solo issues, though it's weird that the retro cover for an issue that celebrates it doesn't have any Ms. Marvel on it and only have images relating to her current ongoing. That's just me though. I wonder when Marvel will hit an actual milestone or anniversary for Captain Marvel, including Mar-Vell?
- I wonder what's the reason behind no Ms. Marvel this month?
- I'm thinking about picking up Spider-Man and the X-Men, but I'll wait to see the response to that before I do.
- This whole "Time Runs Out" summaries for the Avengers books are starting to get annoying...
- Looking forward to Mark Waid's take on the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the main Marvel Universe .
I finally got caught up on my Superior Spider-Man reading, so now I can finally start on Amazing. I'll also be getting Daredevil, Axis: Hobgoblin, and giving S.H.I.E.L.D. a try.
I'll wait for sales on Empire of the Dead II and Punisher.
No Uncanny Avengers this month. Is the Axis crossover resulting in this being canceled or launched as a new title?
Huh, that's weird too .
Well, Remender is handling this event so I think it's safe to assume that whatever happens by the end will probably effect Uncanny quite a bit. It would not shock me to see Uncanny relaunched, since Marvel seems to use any semi-plausible reason they can find to relaunch a book .
Still doesn't explain the lack of Ms. Marvel though...