"Man Of Steel 2" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Wonder Woman, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Given that Mad Max: Fury Road is easily the best movie of the summer I would love to see this happen.

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/21/george-miller-reportedly-directing-man-of-steel-2/

• Like Like x 1
  2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it was rumored when he was just doing the rounds for Fury Road. They actually were thinking he was going to do JL.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

3. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

He obviously was attached to Justice League about ten years ago, so it'd be good for him to do this. I hated MOS but love George Miller, so I'm okay with this news. That said, it doesn't bode well for Mad Max: The Wasteland.

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I want to believe it but... yeah, if it's true I hope he can do both the MOS and MM sequels.

5. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

Even if he doesn't get the chance to helm a comicbook project,
    I would love for him to be the DCEU's creative consultant.

6. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Hopefully he can look to fix the numerous problems with Man of Steel. Has the sequel been given a release date yet?

7. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

As long as Man of Steel 2 isn't another joyless angst fest like Man of Steel was, I don't much care who's directing it. I just want it to be good because dang, Superman needs a hit.

8. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

No it hasn't. Heck unlike the other DC movies at least given time frames of when they're suppose to come out, the solo Batman movie and MOS2 don't even have a year attached to them. So for all we know Man of Steel 2 could come out after 2020. Of course Man Of Steel 2 was originally going to be made after Man of Steel as they wanted to push the DC movie universe regardless of how much Man Of Steel preformed but then Zack Snyder got the idea to focus on Batman and of course now we've got the new direction of the MOS Universe.

I'm not as much of a fan as everyone else was of Fury Road but that was still a very solid enjoyable movie and honestly I'd be for George Miller working on it as Miller seems a lot better crafting stories and pieces for characters that aren't just adapted off of previous works unlike say Zack Snyder. Of course a lot of this is still in speculation especially we don't know what Miller is doing/can do with the Mad Max Franchise so eh I'd expect more word on that first before we hear more on him relating back to Superman.

9. the greenman

Just because he's directing, doesn't mean he's writing anything. If they hire him, obviously, they (WBDC) are going to keep their style. So don't expect a major change, Miller could possibly give us more character development though.

10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I know a lot of people are a big fan of his work, considering all the praise for Fury Road, so it would be interesting to see him helm a Superman movie and how it might differ from Snyder's style :).

So long as Miller is able to understand the character and his mythos, and he's fully capable of delivering a solid Superman movie with his credentials I think, I wouldn't mind him in the director's chair ;).

11. the greenman

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

How to make a solo Superman movie:
    Tell WB Batman will be in it. In post production, cut the Batman scenes, and DESTROY/"LOSE" all the Batman footage.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

9/10: Zack Snyder commented
    9/14: Rumor is Miller will either direct MOS2 or Justice League Dark. Either way, MOS 2 is set for 2019/2020. Brainiac might be the villain. <sigh>

• Like Like x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wait Justice League Dark is still happening o_O?

15. the greenman

Yes. Del Toro stepped down from directing it, but WB moved it to New Line along with other Vertigo IP's. Though, I can't see Miller doing it.

16. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm, interesting stuff. Wasn't aware of the prequel comic. That explains the open pod in MOS. But ugh, more alien villains...

18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess considering Lex is probably going to take a backseat from becoming a Big Bad after being the main threat and Bvs, not to mention having hogged the spot for most of the previous Superman movies, and with Zod out, that just leaves Braniac as the biggest Superman Rogue still left to adapt onto the silver screen.

Honestly, I don't think Supergirl would fit well into the DCEU, at least without being changed remarkably. Not to mention the existence of the Supergirl TV show probably means there aren't any immediate plans for her.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Parasite, Metallo, Atomic Skull, Toyman, Intergang come to mind.

And they'll also probably assess how well received Wonder Woman is in BvS and I suppose Harley in Suicide Squad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

True, though of that group Braniac would still be the biggest name still yet to debut in cinema's with the most potential as a Big Bad. In my opinion of course :).

Though Intergang would be a cool for a Superman movie that's more down-to-earth and about him fighting street crime, and could probably work in a few more of his other villains, and even start teasing towards Apokolips and Darkseid :cool:.

I also think, given what we've seen from how they're portraying Wonder Woman and Harley in the DCEU, that Supergirl might not fit into a film universe that's concerned with portraying their characters in a more "serious" and "realistic" fashion that isn't necessarily inaccurate to who they are to the comics.

#20 Frontier, Sep 16, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015