Looney Tunes: Title Goofs, Altered endings, Dubbed Versions, etc. discussion

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

luki

Dec 8, 2016
Ratings
If Someone Want To See The Dubbed Version of 'The Major Lied 'til Down' Say The Thanks To Solo Cartoons For Found It And Upluaded It

Mar 16, 2016
Ratings
It Is The US Version
Yes, it is in NTSC pitch.

If Someone Want To See The Dubbed Version of 'The Major Lied 'til Down' Say The Thanks To Solo Cartoons For Found It And Upluaded It
And speaking about The Major Lied Till Dawn's Turner print, I noticed that the borders are only present at the ending, but not at the opening titles, and it DOES exist uncut (the African natives scene is left intact).

NewBogus :)

Plastic Duck Saves the World
Sep 6, 2013
Ratings
598 9
CE_PL
cnboompoland.blogspot.com
I have no idea, but I think that it was better to use previously dubbed master from 1997/98 VHS releases rather than creating a new dubbing version for new material.

Also Tweety VHSes on this set have replacements: Home Tweet Home was replaced by A Street Cat Named Sylvester and Tugboat Granny was replaced by Muzzle Tough.

Last edited:

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Ratings
554 8
Italy
@A-Cecil That print of The Major Lied Til Dawn is edited and a minute shorter. Not all the African natives are edited but many of them are (like the guy eating the peel and throwing the banana away).

By the way, speaking of post 48 shorts, the prints like the one of Half Fare Hare were aired on the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show on Teletoon Retro, except the ones which were replaced by the Golden Jubilee prints, meaning these prints are probably among the oldest ones, and I believe they were shot around the same time as the old pre 48 ones. They were also used in a series of videos I found aired on Canal + in Poland called "Zagadka BB" where they show clips of various cartoons. Some of these prints have the TV intro, but all the ones shown recently on TV do not, as in the Bugs Bunny Tweety Show many of them had a digital title card.

And also, the UK version of the first 7 volumes of The Looney Tunes Video Show begin with this (volume 2 for Tuesday and so on):

and look exactly like the prints aired by BBC both video and audio quality wise. I have a feeling these were from a package aired by BBC but they released only a full week on VHS and then after an year made new masters for the other Video Show volumes.

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Ratings
554 8
Italy
These prints are all the same kind just in case you didn't know.

The old copy of Swing Ding Amigo Italia 1 used to air before the redub was the Cartoon Show print. I have at least another print of all the Speedy shorts remastered this way except Mexican Mousepiece. The PAL versions are very poor frame blend conversions.

Cool_Cat

Mar 20, 2015
Ratings
554 8
Italy
@luki No, it comes from a special feature from a DVD. They probably used a Sunset print.

When WB in the late 80s (I believe around 1986/1987) remastered the shorts, it looks like they completely ignored some like the early Looney Tunes and most of the DFE and Seven Arts shorts (except the Road Runner ones, mostly), so these older prints show up instead.

Dec 8, 2016
Ratings
@luki No, it comes from a special feature from a DVD. They probably used a Sunset print.

When WB in the late 80s (I believe around 1986/1987) remastered the shorts, it looks like they completely ignored some like the early Looney Tunes and most of the DFE and Seven Arts shorts (except the Road Runner ones, mostly), so these older prints show up instead.
Yes, That Is from a DVD I Already Knew it

Status
Not open for further replies.