Looney Tunes Altered Versions Discussion v2 (or, the Looney Tunes Dumping Ground)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

LooneyTuney18

May 5, 2017
Ratings
70 2
Paris, France

Sorry for spamming, If I'm spamming. It seems that One Meat Brawl was released with its EU print on the Porky Pig: Hilarious Ham DVD

List of the shorts with their 1995 prints which were released on DVD in Europe (EU 1995 prints):
1. Country Mouse, 1935 (MC Special Features)
2. The Lyin' Mouse, 1937 (MC Special Features), I don't know does it have altered ending music cue like in the VHS Jungle Taz release.
3. The Mice Will Play, 1938 (MC Special Features, original ending music cue retained)
4. Dangerous Dan MCFoo, 1939 (Tex Avery MGM DVD in France, original ending music cue retained)
5. Little Blabbermouse, 1940 (MC Special Features, I don't know does it have altered ending music cue on English Audio)
6. Holiday Highlights, 1940 (Bugs Bunny's Cupid Capers DVD, original ending music cue retained)
7. Of Fox and Hounds, 1940 (Tex Avery MGM DVD in France, original ending music cue retained)
8. Shop, Look and Listen, 1940 (MC Special Features, I don't know does it have altered ending music cue on English Audio)
9. Aviation Vacation, 1941 (Tex Avery MGM DVD in France, original ending music cue retained)
10. One Meat Brawl, 1947 (Porky Pig: Hilarious Ham DVD)

If we count VHS releases:
11. Tortoise Beats Hare, 1941 (Bugs Bunny: Big Top Bunny VHS)
12. Gorilla My Dreams, 1948 (Jungle Taz)
and previously mentioned The Lyin' Mouse, 1937

And Tooncast aired the 1995 print of Bacall to Arms:
You forgot the Tweety ones :p

NewBogus :)

Plastic Duck Saves the World
Sep 6, 2013
Ratings
589 9
CE_PL
cnboompoland.blogspot.com
@LooneyTuney18: Yeah I forgot about them.

Just like @Cool_Cat, I'm doing the similar post about Looney Tunes History in Poland.

To begin with, Looney Tunes shorts in Poland firstly debuted in 1979-1980 on TVP (Public TV Polish) and were aired with lector Andrzej Matul. These were post-1948 shorts as a part of The Bugs Bunny Show. The Bugs Bunny Show was repeated also in 1991-1992.
A18XS5Y.jpg

As a seperated shorts with correct opening and ending titles, Looney Tunes shorts debuted in 1989-1990 in lectored version. Elmer Fudd VHS release which included "Cat Feud", "What's Up Doc?" and "Rabbit Seasoning" was lectored by Jarosław Łukomski, which latter VHS releases from "Classic Looney Tunes Cartoons!" were lectored by Andrzej Matul.

Qb2vVzN.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Qb2vVzN.jpg

Then for the first time, Canal+ ordered a dubbing for post-1948 LT/MM package which for the first time was presented in mid-1995, the post-1948 package was aired until Saturday, the 3rd March 2007. Firstly, LT/MM shorts were aired as a part of Decode Pas Bunny block ("Rozkodowany Bugs Bunny"). At the beginning, Road Runner and Coyote shorts were undubbed (probably in 1996-97 the dub was done for RR&C shorts). In 1998 LT shorts were premiered also on Canal+ Blue/Sport (Canal+ Niebieski/Sport), and in 2000 on Canal+ Yellow/Film (Canal+ Żółty/Film). During the breaks between shorts, the short scenes with LT characters were shown.

zPuDh2C.jpg
KivaPEo.jpg
The first dubbing cast of LT/MM shorts (dubbed by Canal+):

Krzysztof Tyniec – Bugs Bunny
Mieczysław Gajda – Daffy Duck
Ryszard Nawrocki – Porky Pig
Włodzimierz Press – Sylvester
Tomasz Kozłowicz – Speedy Gonzales
Mariusz Leszczyński – Pepe Le Pew
Mirosława Nyckowska – Tweety, Granny
Włodzimierz Bednarski – Foghorn Leghorn
Wojciech Machnicki – Marvin the Martian
Jacek Czyż – Taz

In 1993, Warner Home Video debuted in Poland, and WB made a new casting, in which the new dubbing cast for LT shorts was introduced. WB had been responsible for the order of the VHS/DVD releases for the next 15 years. After 31st August 2007, Galapagos Films replaced Warner Bros. Poland in releasing LT/MM shorts in DVD.

g5Ezh6a.jpg

The second dubbing cast of LT/MM shorts (dubbed by WB/Canal+):

Robert Rozmus – Bugs Bunny
Stefan Knothe – Daffy Duck
Tomasz Marzecki – Pepe Le Pew
Mirosława Krajewska – Granny
Lucyna Malec – Tweety
Sylwester Maciejewski – Foghorn Leghorn
Włodzimierz Bednarski – Marvin the Martian
Jacek Czyż – Taz

The dubbing for the LT/MM shorts was produced and done by MASTER FILM studio.

In 1997 Canal+ started to air pre-1948 LT/MM shorts with the new dubbing cast and the first VHS release under Warner Home Video debuted: "The Stars of Space Jam". Then in mid-1998-1999 the pre-1948 package of LT/MM shorts with Polish dubbing was sold to Turner Entertainment, and on 4th September 2000 the pre-1948 shorts debuted on Cartoon Network Poland.

In 1997-1999 WB released in Poland other VHS releases: "Carrotblanca", "Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote: "Chariots of Fur"", "Bugs Bunny and Friends", "Bugs Bunny and Friends 2", "The World of Animals with Bugs Bunny" and "New Adventures of Bugs Bunny". Some of the shorts were released with low-pitched audio on their PAL prints.

In 1998 Cartoon Network started to air Road Runner and Coyote shorts. Like in Canal+ these shorts were undubbed.

As I previously mentioned, on 4th September 2000 pre-1948 Looney Tunes shorts debuted on Cartoon Network Poland. Some of the shorts were removed in 2002 when Hungarian and Romanian Audiotracks were introduced, and later in 2005 from the schedule.
ZC3IpS2.jpg

In 2001 WB released the last VHS in Poland with LT shorts called "Looney Tunes Presents", and in this release, the previously "restored" masters were used.

In 2004, WB started with releasing Looney Tunes shorts in DVD as a part of Looney Tunes Golden Collection. All the post-1948 masters used mostly new dubbing ordered by WB or VHS dubbings. In few pre-1948 shorts new dubbing version was also introduced instead of Canal+ dubbings.

On 2nd May 2005, pre-1948 LT package debuted on Boomerang Europe and due to the Boomerang premiere of LT shorts, new GC masters were used for 4 shorts + Book Revue started to air with original opening and ending titles intact with new dubbing (replacing the previously aired Blue Ribbon print with Canal+ dubbing). Cartoon Network PL continues airing LT shorts until the 4th January 2009. On Boomerang LT shorts were aired until the end of December 2015 (despite removing most shorts due to the lacks of Bulgarian dubbing).

QwpTdSW.jpg

Due to Boomerang Europe launch, new dubs were introduced for 3 shorts, and later in 2007 "The Unbearable Bear" was redubbed.

In 2007, WB planned to release Golden Collection 3 DVD with all shorts which were dubbed in Polish language, but due to the low sales of Golden Collection 2 in Poland and in other European countries, some shorts were omitted, but f.eg.: Wideo Wabbit with new dubbing ordered for DVD was aired by TV Puls 2 in 2015-17.

After 3rd March 2007 Canal+ stopped airing LT/MM shorts and in the next years the post-1948 package dubbing was sold to Warner Bros. and Turner Entertainment.

wlPyTPG.jpg

In 2010 Galapagos Films released in Poland The Essential Bugs Bunny DVD and Looney Tunes: Super Stars 3 DVDs, and a year later The Essential Daffy Duck European Version was introduced. All these DVD masters from 2010 were lectored despite that the dubbing for most shorts was produced and released via VHS, TV or DVD.

In 2011, TV Puls started to air both pre- and post-1948 packages of Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies shorts. Most post-1948 shorts were aired with the new dubbings created for Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 1-3 releases. In 2012-13, the Looney Tunes airings from TV Puls were moved to TV Puls 2. Here in 2015, some pre-1948 shorts were aired with their restored transfers used in DVD’s and Blu-Ray.

3CwakER.jpg

oBABSdS.jpg

Last edited:

Daffyrocks

"I'm Daffy the Gaucho!"
Jul 22, 2014
Ratings
1,086 15
Bucharest, Romania
@LooneyTuney18: Yeah I forgot about them.

Just like @Cool_Cat, I'm doing the similar post about Looney Tunes History in Poland.

To begin with, Looney Tunes shorts in Poland firstly debuted in 1979-1980 on TVP (Public TV Polish) and were aired with lector Andrzej Matul. These were post-1948 shorts as a part of The Bugs Bunny Show. The Bugs Bunny Show was repeated also in 1991-1992.

As a seperated shorts with correct opening and ending titles, Looney Tunes shorts debuted in 1989-1990 in lectored version. Elmer Fudd VHS release which included "Cat Feud", "What's Up Doc?" and "Rabbit Seasoning" was lectored by Jarosław Łukomski, which latter VHS releases from "Classic Looney Tunes Cartoons!" were lectored by Andrzej Matul.

https://i.imgur.com/Qb2vVzN.jpg

Then for the first time, Canal+ ordered a dubbing for post-1948 LT/MM package which for the first time was presented in mid-1995, the post-1948 package was aired until Saturday, the 3rd March 2007. Firstly, LT/MM shorts were aired as a part of Decode Pas Bunny block ("Rozkodowany Bugs Bunny"). At the beginning, Road Runner and Coyote shorts were undubbed (probably in 1996-97 the dub was done for RR&C shorts). In 1998 LT shorts were premiered also on Canal+ Blue/Sport (Canal+ Niebieski/Sport), and in 2000 on Canal+ Yellow/Film (Canal+ Żółty/Film). During the breaks between shorts, the short scenes with LT characters were shown.

The first dubbing cast of LT/MM shorts (dubbed by Canal+):

Krzysztof Tyniec – Bugs Bunny
Mieczysław Gajda – Daffy Duck
Mariusz Leszczyński – Pepe Le Pew
Mirosława Nyckowska – Tweety, Granny
Włodzimierz Bednarski – Foghorn Leghorn
Wojciech Machnicki – Marvin the Martian
Jacek Czyż – Taz

In 1993, Warner Home Video debuted in Poland, and WB made a new casting, in which the new dubbing cast for LT shorts was introduced. WB had been responsible for the order of the VHS/DVD releases for the next 15 years. After 31st August 2007, Galapagos Films replaced Warner Bros. Poland in releasing LT/MM shorts in DVD.

The second dubbing cast of LT/MM shorts (dubbed by WB/Canal+):

Robert Rozmus – Bugs Bunny
Stefan Knothe – Daffy Duck
Tomasz Marzecki – Pepe Le Pew
Mirosława Krajewska – Granny
Lucyna Malec – Tweety
Sylwester Maciejewski – Foghorn Leghorn
Włodzimierz Bednarski – Marvin the Martian
Jacek Czyż – Taz

The dubbing for the LT/MM shorts was produced and done by MASTER FILM studio.

In 1997 Canal+ started to air pre-1948 LT/MM shorts with the new dubbing cast and the first VHS release under Warner Home Video debuted: "The Stars of Space Jam". Then in mid-1998-1999 the pre-1948 package of LT/MM shorts with Polish dubbing was sold to Turner Entertainment, and on 4th September 2000 the pre-1948 shorts debuted on Cartoon Network Poland.

In 1997-1999 WB released in Poland other VHS releases: "Carrotblanca", "Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote: "Chariots of Fur"", "Bugs Bunny and Friends", "Bugs Bunny and Friends 2", "The World of Animals with Bugs Bunny" and "New Adventures of Bugs Bunny". Some of the shorts were released with low-pitched audio on their PAL prints.

In 1998 Cartoon Network started to air Road Runner and Coyote shorts. Like in Canal+ these shorts were undubbed.

As I previously mentioned, on 4th September 2000 pre-1948 Looney Tunes shorts debuted on Cartoon Network Poland. Some of the shorts were removed in 2002, and later in 2005 from the schedule when Hungarian and Romanian Audiotracks were introduced.

In 2001 WB released the last VHS in Poland with LT shorts called "Looney Tunes Presents", and in this release, the previously "restored" masters were used.

In 2004, WB started with releasing Looney Tunes shorts in DVD as a part of Looney Tunes Golden Collection. All the post-1948 masters used mostly new dubbing ordered by WB or VHS dubbings. In few pre-1948 shorts new dubbing version was also introduced instead of Canal+ dubbings.

On 2nd May 2005, pre-1948 LT package debuted on Boomerang Europe and due to the Boomerang premiere of LT shorts, new GC masters were used for 4 shorts + Book Revue started to air with original opening and ending titles intact with new dubbing (replacing the previously aired Blue Ribbon print with Canal+ dubbing). Cartoon Network PL continues airing LT shorts until the 4th January 2009. On Boomerang LT shorts were aired until the end of December 2015 (despite removing most shorts due to the lacks of Bulgarian dubbing).

Due to Boomerang Europe launch, new dubs were introduced for 3 shorts, and later in 2007 "The Unbearable Bear" was redubbed.

In 2007, WB planned to release Golden Collection 3 DVD with all shorts which were dubbed in Polish language, but due to the low sales of Golden Collection 2 in Poland and in other European countries, some shorts were omitted, but f.eg.: Wideo Wabbit with new dubbing ordered for DVD was aired by TV Puls 2 in 2015-17.

After 3rd March 2007 Canal+ stopped airing LT/MM shorts and in the next years the post-1948 package dubbing was sold to Warner Bros. and Turner Entertainment.

In 2010 Galapagos Films released in Poland The Essential Bugs Bunny DVD and Looney Tunes: Super Stars 3 DVDs, and a year later The Essential Daffy Duck European Version was introduced. All these DVD masters from 2010 were lectored despite that the dubbing for most shorts was produced and released via VHS, TV or DVD.

In 2011, TV Puls started to air both pre- and post-1948 packages of Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies shorts. Most post-1948 shorts were aired with the new dubbings created for Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volume 1-3 releases. In 2012-13, the Looney Tunes airings from TV Puls were moved to TV Puls 2. Here in 2015, some pre-1948 shorts were aired with their restored transfers used in DVD’s and Blu-Ray.

But didn't the Romanian and Hungarian tracks got already introduced in 2002? :p

Mr Chilean

Nov 22, 2017
Ratings
4 1
I remember when in 2011, Tooncast (before 2014, Tooncast airs the pre-1948 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts) airs the 1935 Merrie Melodies short named "Mr. and Mrs. is a Name" (starring Buddy and Cookie), but in 2 altered versions, the first version (a.p.p. version), does not include the intro of the APP, but by a notice of the M.P.A.A.(Hays Code Production), and that warning disturbs me several times (and I even had nightmares about this)... but in the second version (remastered in 1995 by Truner), does not include that notice...

NewBogus :)

Plastic Duck Saves the World
Sep 6, 2013
Ratings
589 9
CE_PL
cnboompoland.blogspot.com
One of the very few channels which still dares to air black and white shorts. Keep it like this, Boomerang Italy, and give others good ideas about channel management.
Don't forget to RSI La 1.
Meanwhile, I found this:
This has US B/W CN rerun of "You Ought To Be in Pictures", 1940

Last edited:

DVDLooney

Feb 3, 2014
Ratings
211 4
Black and white shorts are scheduled on the Boomerang pop up channel. I just saw Fish Tales and The Film Fan on the schedule. Are you guys excited? :p
I wouldn't be surprised if Porky's Preview aired on Boomerang Italy. Then again, it probably already has. I don't know to be quite honest.