"Lobo" Live-Action Film Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Wonder Woman, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Or Johnson is more committed to Black Adam. He was still attached to Lobo at this point, right?

2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I think Johnson was always more attached to Black Adam, at least for the past 9 years or so. Only other name for Lobo has been Danny Trejo. Last thing we heard about Lobo development was writer Jason Fuchs was working on it. Unless they go more "Cosmic" at DC, probably not attractive enough.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

3. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

One or both might be on the back burner from which they could re-emerge or disappear forever. There might not be a satisfactory treatment for Lobo; Deadshot might be dependent on the performance on a second Suicide Squad movie.

4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

IMO, this is for the best. Frankly, a Lobo film should not be a priority at all when we still need a Flash and Green Lantern film.

That said...I'm actually more interested in a Deadshot movie compared to a Harley Quinn film.

5. the greenman

Well, Lobo only came up after Deadpool, when WB realized an 'R' rating can still bring in big money.

6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I feel like there have been talks about a Lobo movie for a while, but it gained a little more traction once Deadpool became a hit.

7. the greenman

IMO, it's another film hindered by a forced connective universe.

8. Otaku-sempai

There had been, but that includes Joel Silver's PG-13 Lobo movie that was thankfully given a mercy killing when it was still in development.

9. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I dunno. Theoretically, they could still make it a standalone film like with the planned Joker film.

10. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

It turns out that Lobo may not be dead after all. Michael Bay is being eyed to direct and might be involved with re-writes.

You can't make that stuff up.

11. Otaku-sempai

Ugh. Though, out of the various DC Comics properties, that might be a better fit with Bay than most.

12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, as long as it's its own thing, I can buy Michael Bay on Lobo :p.

13. the greenman

Yeah, it can't be as bad as the current crop of DC stuff. It might be stupid and over-the- top, but who knows. So long as it keeps him away from Transformers awhile.

14. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

You know since there is a thread for this (and hey it's something that was started in 2009 and has been updated for years since for new information it should still count) why don't we post the update here that DC is interested in of all people Michael Bay to direct a Lobo movie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/lobo-movie-will-michael-bay-direct-1083170

Now of course there's still a lot of of talk on having to scale the budget back to not be something ridiculously expensive (since yeah Michael Bay can turn a profit even with a movie with such a high budget but... obviously this would not be the same kind of "kids flick" as something like the Transformers series are. And yeah I know The Michael Bay Transformers aren't really Kids flick but I mean "film that caters to a toy franchise that has to have a PG-13 rating attached to it" sort of "kids flick" kind of thing) so it may not happen but... it's honestly not the worst idea for Lobo. Honestly for most characters in the DC Universe Michael Bay would be a terrible idea (though based on a what if itsomerandomguy video still be profitable heh heh) the Main Man honestly would be a good fit because Lobo is such an incredibly in your face, aggressive and tough in your face macho personality you would need someone with the testerone of... well a Michael Bay to really handle him. And honestly if kept to the right length and budget Michael Bay can do that based on stuff like Bad Boys and Pain and Gain. Since honestly you need that super in your face explosive attitude to separate a Lobo from a Deadpool who yeah is also loud and crude but DP is also more of a prankster, goof and sort of romantic at heart which Lobo certainly isn't but has his own sort of charm I think could work in a Bay movie.

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

THR reports a few more things:
    • Current script would require $200 million
    • Bay and WB aren't "keen" on the figure
    • Jason Fuchs will rewrite
    • Bay is currently not in negotiations with the studio nor is there an offer

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. the greenman

$200 million?

17. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Isn't it interesting how all these dark solo comic book films are suddenly a possibility? Deadpool, Logan, Venom, Lobo...

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator