1. Enter for a chance to win the Captain America Blaster Shield and two POP Vinyl figures from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Black Panther: Trouble in Wakanda" Animated Special Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Oct 8, 2017.

?

Rate and Discuss this LEGO Animated Special!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I love how they pointed out how T'Challa wears his Black Panther suit all the time :p.

The Avengers still look kind of weird in their Infinity War designs. I mean, Cap's in his "Nomad" look yet he's still swinging his shield like normal :sweat:.

You'd think The Avengers would've realized they need to act as a team by now without Black Panther needing to tell them, but I guess this is his special ;).

J. Jonah? Is that reporter supposed to be Betty Brant :eek:?

I'm not surprised they got someone to voice Killmonger who sounds like Michael B. Jordan. Although it was kind of weird that he went from a design that showed off his skin to a full-on bodysuit in just a few part ripoffs :confused:.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I think I heard Laura Bailey's voice for the Betty Brant type character. I wouldn't be surprised if she voiced her on Marvel's SpiderMan .

• Like Like x 2
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Here we go

• Like Like x 2
  5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So I guess they'll release a new short each week, then premiere the compilation in June. I don't think these weekly premieres were announced before, so it's a pretty cool surprise.

I also edited the thread into an actual Talkback, complete with a Poll for anyone who's interested.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Black Panther: Trouble In Wakanda "Something Strange"

That was freaking awesome. Best Marvel Lego cartoon I have ever seen. I loved the Duck moment and Killmonger threatening that he had a really big lunch. This was terrific. *****.

7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Fun episode ;).

Is Killmonger's suit not made of Vibranium in this continuity? You'd have thought he'd have mentioned it :sweat:.

This was probably the most MCU-inspired depiction of Strange since the movie came out. Even Liam O'Brien's performance sounded a little different :ack:.

We also get to hear a litte of Daisy Lightfoot as Shuri, and she definitely sounds more in-line with MCU Shuri's voice then Kimberly Brooks' interpretation. Looking forward to hearing more from her :).

I would think Klaw would warrant more of a reaction then "someone who works with Killmonger..."

8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Poor Okoye...just poor Okoye :p.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Black Panther: Trouble In Wakanda "Speeches And Sandwiches"

Forgot to review this last week. It was good. I laughed at Tony forgetting to take the helmet off before he tried eating a sandwich, and I like the new designs on the Avengers (particularly Black Widow). And the fight with Thanos was pretty sick too. ****.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Black Panther: Trouble In Wakanda "The Maze Of Tal-Recs"

When it comes to setting off traps, T'Challa is pretty much Shortround in Temple of Doom in this. ***.