"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled" Animated Special Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Nov 16, 2015.

?

Rate and Discuss this LEGO Marvel Animated Special!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled tonight at 9:30PM (ET) on Disney XD!

Debut - November 16th, 2015
    Written by: Mark Hoffmeier
    Directed by: Rob Silvestri

The Avengers prepare for a party at Stark Tower and notice that Iron Man is acting strange. After some investigation, they discover that the evil Ultron has taken control of Iron Man and his armor as part of his scheme to take over the world. It's up to Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Vision, Black Widow, Hawkeye and their friends (Spider-Man, Iron Spider, and special guest star Ant-Man) to rescue Iron Man from Ultron's clutches and defeat the super villain before he causes even more destruction and chaos.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

#1 RoyalRubble, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  2. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

Thought this was rather underwhelming to be honest. The ice joke was pretty funny though. It was weird they didn't get Pasdar for Iron Man and Bell for Spidey though, Makes me think THAT's why they didn't want to use the twins. Simply didn't want to worry about getting the right voice actor for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought this was a pretty fun special. Some of the gags were great and the fight scenes were entertaining enough, but I admit the story was kind of disappointing. Still for a half-hour movie they did the best they could and like I said I enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting Yellowjacket to show up, and was also surprised Spidey and Iron Spider's roles were so small. The ending was pretty funny, too with Falcon becoming the newest Avenger. Ant-Man was handled pretty well, though I could say the same about the other characters as well. Each one had at least one good moment in this special, and also provided some pretty funny lines as well.

All in all, fun stuff and I wouldn't mind seeing more Lego Marvel animated projects like this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I'm surprised they weren't able to get Pasdar and Bell back as Iron Man and Spidey for this, when pretty much everybody else reprised their roles from the cartoons. Even Eric Bauza and Bumper Robinson came back for what little lines Iron Spider and Falcon had. I guess they were busy with something? But they did reprise their roles for the last Lego specials o_O.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but compared to the VA's who replaced them, I was actually missing Pasdar and Bell :eek:.

Overall, I thought this was fun, even if I think some of the jokes and puns fell flat and the writing not as strong as other Lego specials I've watched or even Maximum Overload (the last Lego Marvel shorts). Still, fairly entertaining to watch :).

Yellowjacket and Strucker were nice surprises, especially Strucker. I think this special used him way better then Age of Ultron actually did, even if most of it was for humor, and I loved how he talked about how unsubtle he was :p.

I'm not crazy about Jim Meskimen's attempt to mimic James Spader's Ultron performance, so I'm not really looking forward to more of that in Ultron Revolution (unless the writing and voice direction makes it work), but I thought a more comedic Ultron actually worked quite well in this special ;).

Has Hawkeye always been the main Avengers pilot :confused:?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Definitely better than the current Marvel Animated series, It's silly and goofy, but in context it's much more enjoyable and clever.

Also, Mike Wingert as Iron Man, definitely better and a closer mimic to Robert Downy Jr.

#5 Troy Troodon, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Honestly, I'd be fine with Wingert taking over full-time as Iron Man for animation. No offense to Pasdar, but I never really thought his voice fit Tony Stark all that well. Just like Milo Ventimiglia IMHO was never a good fit for Wolverine.

As for the special, it was fun and cute for what it was, a Marvel LEGO comedy special. It was very similar to that Marvel LEGO Overload special with Loki as the villain.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think anyone beats Eric Loomis in the "mimicking RDJ" department ;).

Actually, while I wasn't crazy about him at first, I think Pasdar has really grown on me as Iron Man and has really made the role his own over the course of the MAU. Maybe it's also partially because he doesn't seem like he's trying very hard to mimic RDJ, like I felt Mike Wingert did for this special, which I can appreciate :).

8. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Hawkeye is the main pilot in the movies so that's probably where they got that from.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1