"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes – Guardians of the Galaxy: The Thanos Threat" Animated Special Announced

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,628 6
A Valid Location
Marvel announced a new 22-minutes Lego Animated Special at the D23 Expo 2017.
Guardians of the Galaxy: The Thanos Threat
When Thanos, Ronan, Nebula and the Ravagers seek to possess the Build Stone – a powerful and creative relic – the fate of the universe depends on the Guardians of the Galaxy to protect it.
Source: Marvel.com

The platform and release timing details are forthcoming.
Stay tuned for further updates!
Comments?

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2017
Ratings
I said it in another thread, but I'm surprised it's only the Guardians as heroes in this. They've done 2 other LEGO Marvel specials, both released around the time of LEGO Marvel video games, and both went broader character wise.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,190 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I'm happy to see Marvel trying their hand at another Lego special, since those are always a lot of fun :anime:.

Sounds like we can also expect an eclectic bunch of characters for the Guardians to have to deal with, between Thanos, the Ravgers, Nebula, and the return of Ronan :eek:.

I think we can also probably get how the "Build Stone" is going to work, given this is a Lego special :p.

I just hope there isn't any surprise recasting like there was in the last Lego special :sweat:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,628 6
A Valid Location
Cort Lane talked a little about this LEGO Special in an interview (which contains big spoilers for the Guardians of the Galaxy show - I'm just posting the part relevant to this Special here).
http://collider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-season-2-finale-explained/#season-3-details
The release date for the LEGO special, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes – Guardians of the Galaxy: The Thanos Threat?
Lane: I will say that it’s going to be pretty soon. It works as both a half-hour special and can also be broken out into five different shorts. It’s an absolute blast, with Thanos as the primary villain. It takes elements of both films but also new elements, too. It just sort of puts them in a blender and has a lot of fun with them. Kalia Cheng who works on that, day in and day out, has worked really hard to make sure that the comedy comes through and that the characters are reflective of the versions that we know but also amped up with that LEGO comedy flavor. She’s done a fantastic job.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,190 46
Sherman Oaks CA

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,190 46
Sherman Oaks CA