Legendary Pictures Developing Gundam Movie

  • We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

PicardMan

Well-Known Member
Nov 9, 2016
1,188
Ratings
206 5
48
26
#7
Weren't there those proposed live action Cowboy Bebop, Sword Art Online, and One Piece adaptations that never happened? 80% of all "announced" live action adaptations never get made and the other 20% includes Netlix Death Note.
 

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
16,175
Ratings
1,310 4
83
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
#9
Weren't there those proposed live action Cowboy Bebop, Sword Art Online, and One Piece adaptations that never happened? 80% of all "announced" live action adaptations never get made and the other 20% includes Netlix Death Note.
Development means they are developing them basically. However, Legendary does seem to have deep pockets to finance their own stuff these days.

Doesn't seem there's much movement on any of them. But they are still in their early development/pre-production phases.
 

PicardMan

Well-Known Member
Nov 9, 2016
1,188
Ratings
206 5
48
26
#10
Doesn't seem there's much movement on any of them. But they are still in their early development/pre-production phases.
"Pre-production" can last a very long time, decades in fact. The American Bebop film was in "pre-production" for many years before its cancellation. That is why being in pre-production doesn't mean squat as to whether it will get made or not.
 

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Moderator
Aug 25, 2002
33,724
Ratings
24 2
38
30
somewhere
#11
"Pre-production" can last a very long time, decades in fact. The American Bebop film was in "pre-production" for many years before its cancellation. That is why being in pre-production doesn't mean squat as to whether it will get made or not.
True, but maybe with Legendary having some experience with giant robot movies like Pacific Rim, this might have a chance of being made.
 

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
4,565
Ratings
682 1
63
Canada
#12
Oh great, just what we need, another anime-turned live action film. First Dragon Ball Evolution, then that Ghost in the Shell movie and now this? Next thing you know, there's going to be a live-action Naruto adaptation!
I've got news for you ...

True, but maybe with Legendary having some experience with giant robot movies like Pacific Rim, this might have a chance of being made.
Given the commercial failures of those movies, maybe not. The first one was barely saved by its Chinese box office. The sequel was an abject flop everywhere.