"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
While it wouldn't be surprising if the blog information is accurate about this series, it would still be a huge shame. The show is really fun and it seems like the best kind of JL series the current Cartoon Network could reasonably home for. It still has some action, but it's light hearted and has little continuity so people can watch any episode at any time without being lost. I just hope that the show could continue on somehow on the DC streaming service in the future.

JoeMabbon

Starship Captain
Aug 8, 2014
Ratings
3,260 2
En route to Cyberutopia
That Superman and Supergirl episode felt weirdly incomplete. It was ok and all, but I felt like they could've done more with that. A lot of episodes feel like that, but it felt more unsatisfying than usual.

Superman's done with this Elseworld's crap.

And as soon as I said that the next episode I watched had an Elseworld joke! I get that Booster is a cad, but wouldn't it have been easier to just convince her past self not to marry Booster? Wouldn't that have altered the timeline less than blowing up the Watchtower?

It's all about branding. They should have called it "Justice League Teen Titans Go! Action".
They should've called it Captain America: Civil War.*

*joke shamelessly stolen from RedLetterMedia.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,879 41
Wow, so CN may not even have the decency to let it finish it's run?

Well, I tried waiting, looks like it's time for On Demand/iTunes.
Could CN possibly be doing what they did to Beware the Batman here?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all 52 episodes currently on CN's app and website? I think that technically counts, at least in some regard. Doesn't excuse the fact that they did nothing to mention this to anyone interested, but still, I guess it's the thought that counts.

At the very least, this SAYS '52 episodes':
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/justice-league-action/episodes/index.html

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,913 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all 52 episodes currently on CN's app and website? I think that technically counts, at least in some regard.

At the very least, this SAYS '52 episodes':
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/justice-league-action/episodes/index.html
While that is definitely more then they did for past DC cartoons, though I don't think CN's App was even a thing back then, it still just reminds me a little too much of how they inexplicably stopped airing Beware the Batman back during it's run and what that signified.

Toon4Thought

Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,879 41
While that is definitely more then they did for past DC cartoons, though I don't think CN's App was even a thing back then, it still just reminds me a little too much of how they inexplicably stopped airing Beware the Batman back during it's run and what that signified.
Well, the fact such a fallback exists now and that the episodes are officially available for those who have access is definitely better than BtB, I think we can both agree on that.

If only CN actually bothered to make social media posts about that. That's really the only thing preventing me from fully defending them on this one.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,913 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Well, the fact the episodes are officially available for those who have access is definitely better than BtB, I think we can both agree on that.

If only CN actually bothered to make social media posts about that. That's really the only thing preventing me from fully defending them on this one.
I mean, the app is all well and good, but I don't think that means they should just stop airing the episodes on live TV in their entirety after they've already aired 3/4 of the season.

Maybe they'll still air the rest of the episodes and won't just ship them off to Boomerang (since Toonami won't pick up the slack this time) at some point, but I honestly wouldn't put it past them not too.

I wouldn't even expect them to advertise JLA episodes on their app given how little they really promoted JLA in general.

Toon4Thought

Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,879 41
I mean, the app is all well and good, but I don't think that means they should just stop airing the episodes on live TV in their entirety after they've already aired 3/4 of the season
I agree; I'm just saying it's definitely not as bad as it could be.

I wouldn't even expect them to advertise JLA episodes on their app given how little they really promoted JLA in general.
But with their originals, even when they don't get TV promos they at least bother to advertise them on social media much of the time. They did do just that each week for a while, but it kind of died down after a couple months, and none of them seemed to inexplicitly advertise all the episodes being on the app. That would've been a good push for sure.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Jul 24, 2007
Ratings
834 4
UK/Ireland
pfeiffer-pfan.tumblr.com
It shows such stubborness on CN's part... they could literally finish the entire series now in a 1 hour 30 minute block and move on. Would kids really mind losing 90 minutes of TTG! on a Saturday morning just this once?

WB must be banging their heads. They pratically crafted this show to appeal to the current sensibilities and tastes of CN and they still treated it horribly.

Oh well... just get that #JLReunion thing going WB and all will be fine!

Toon4Thought

Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,879 41
It shows such stubborness on CN's part... they could literally finish the entire series now in a 1 hour 30 minute block and move on. Would kids really mind losing 90 minutes of TTG! on a Saturday morning just this once?

WB must be banging their heads. They pratically crafted this show to appeal to the current sensibilities and tastes of CN and they still treated it horribly.

Oh well... just get that #JLReunion thing going WB and all will be fine!
I mean, I would again argue that CN's current reliance on their app, which currently has all the episodes, automatically makes this treatment a lot better than, say, Beware the Batman. Still doesn't make the lack of reruns and promotion much less questionable though, considering it was tailor-made for CN.

I mean, the ratings it got for the longest time (which were quite high given the time) showed it had pretty big potential, to the point where it might have exceeded TTG in ratings if they tried hard enough. I have to wonder why they didn't fully realize that. I mean, they're usually above this kind of treatment as far as my experience goes.

jaylop97

Staff member
Oct 5, 2014
Ratings
5,069 36 1
Austin, Texas
I really hope that the show does return to Cartoon Network or on the app, I would really hate to see this show end like Beware the Batman (not that it would be likely), or any of the other recent Warner Brother shows. Most shows deserved better and this one deserves at least the chance of finishing since it isn't too far from completing the first season.