"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Ratings
1,192 3
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
Cartoon Network has passed along April 2017 schedule details for Justice League Action. Detail's on the two new episodes debuting this month can be found below.

Saturday, April 8: “Hat Trick” – When Felix Faust steals Zatanna’s magical top hat, the Justice League must help retrieve it before the evil wizard can use it to create a magic portal, releasing the demon Ghast.

Saturday, April 29: “Luthor in Paradise” – With the aid of Circe the Witch, Luthor travels to Paradise Island to steal an artifact that will give him god-like powers. When Superman and Batman arrive on the island to bring him back, they find that they’re almost as popular with the Amazons as Luthor on this woman-only island.

Watch and support this show, folks!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,596 6
A Valid Location
Looks like Ghast, the missing member of the classic Demons Three, will finally appear though it seems like he has a different origin here. It's cool Zatanna will show up again.

Circe should be a fun villainess and it sounds like a neat adventure focusing on the Trinity, which is nice seeing as how they usually also include other heroes in their stories as well.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,152 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Can't say I'm surprised to see Felix Faust show up, given he's DC's most recurring magic villain. Should be fun to watch the heroes fight him for Zatanna's top hat ;).

It'll be really cool to see Circe as a prominent villain here, since she's usually a lot of fun, and more showcasing of Wonder Woman's world (with Themyscira and the Amazons). Be awesome if we could get more Wonder Woman characters in the future, especially with the movie coming up :cool:.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,152 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Just for fun I thought I'd create a tally of how many appearances a hero has had in JLA, up to all the aired US episodes, not counting cameo's like the illustration in "Follow that Space Cab" or the player select screen in "Play Date":

Batman - 12

Superman - 10

Wonder Woman - 8

Cyborg - 3

Constantine - 3

Zatanna - 3

Shazam - 2

Green Arrow - 2

Swamp-Thing - 2

Hawkman - 2

The Wizard Shazam - 1

Martian Manhunter - 1

Booster Gold - 1

Plastic Man - 1

Green Lantern - 1

Space Cabbie - 1

Firestorm - 1

The Flash - 1

Blue Beetle - 1

Big Barda - 1

Dr. Fate - 1

Etrigan The Demon - 1

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,596 6
A Valid Location
And if you want to get into villains, I think Black Adam and Brother Night are currently in the lead with 2 appearances each. The Brothers Djinn should up there as well, though I don't remember exactly in which episodes they appeared and in which they only had cameos in the 4-part story/premiere movie "Shazam Slam".

I thought about doing a rundown of how many appearances each character had on the show when the first 13 episodes aired (1/4 of the first season) but didn't find enough time to go back through all the episodes.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,152 46
Sherman Oaks CA
A beret makes Ivy French? I figured it just made her fashionable. Or do you know something beyond what is revealed in the pic?
I agree it definitely makes her look fashionable, as one would expect from Ivy, I just also thought it was interesting in light of DC Bombshells Ivy being French :).

I doubt Natasha Leggero is going to give her a French accent in this :sweat:.

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Ratings
1,765 5
Canada

DC All Access has a clip from the next episode scheduled to air in the US ("Luhtor in Paradise"), plus some interviews with the cast and crew from Wonder Con. Between the 2:52-5:50 minutes marks.
It's always nice to see more promotion for this show. The cast and crew talking about this show is really enjoyable to watch.

Seeing that particular clip is cool because of how Wonder Woman focused it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.