"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,322 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Not sure when @James Harvey will get the April schedule from CN, but according to zap2it, it appears "Hat Trick" has been pushed back to April 8 and thus the others a week back. Probably in observance of Wonder Con. EDIT: Saw on CN there's some April Fool's event planned. That's why probably.

Last edited:

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Ratings
1,765 5
Canada
But why would Teen Titans Go be there and not Justice League Action then? It's not like they remembered one DC show and forgot the other. If JLA was coming back for another order wouldn't it have been included?
From what I've read, Cartoon Network has a more direct role with Teen Titans Go in comparison to their other acquired shows. I'll see if I can find any sources, but that would seem to be the reason.
Not sure when @James Harvey will get the April schedule from CN, but according to zap2it, it appears "Hat Trick" has been pushed back to April 8 and thus the others a week back. Probably in observance of Wonder Con. EDIT: Saw on CN there's some April Fool's event planned. That's why probably.
Bleeding Cool asked CN for an update on the show's status since it wasn't in the upfront. This was the response they received.

UPDATE: Cartoon Network has provided Bleeding Cool with the following statement about the current, first season:

Premieres of JLA will continue Saturday, April 8 and Saturday, April 28 (7:30am, ET/PT).

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,895 41
From what I've read, Cartoon Network has a more direct role with Teen Titans Go in comparison to their other acquired shows. I'll see if I can find any sources, but that would seem to be the reason.

Bleeding Cool asked CN for an update on the show's status since it wasn't in the upfront. This was the response they received.

UPDATE: Cartoon Network has provided Bleeding Cool with the following statement about the current, first season:

Premieres of JLA will continue Saturday, April 8 and Saturday, April 28 (7:30am, ET/PT).
That would explain certain things, but why would that be the case to begin with?

Also, beyond the fact that they didn't really answer the question, the 28th ain't a Saturday.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,596 6
A Valid Location
I don't think that update really confirms anything about the show's renewal, just that it will continue airing on Cartoon Network. Which is still pretty good. I still think it's too early to tell for sure if the show has been cancelled so I'll remain optimistic about that.

Mar 31, 2017
Ratings
60 2
USA
I have genuinely enjoyed the series so far though I have been severely dissapointed by CN's poor treatment of the show and am hoping despite that things like Digital Downloads, toy sales and any future DVD releases do well enough to get it a second season.

In a year with two big DC films there is no reason for CN to not promoting the heck out of this show.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,596 6
A Valid Location
News from Wonder Con are probably still forthcoming, but looking through the #JusticeLeagueAction hashtag on Twitter for comments from people attending the panel, they screened 2 episodes:

- "Forget Me Not", written by Jeremy Adams and starring Firestorm
- "Garden of Evil", featuring Poison Ivy, Vixen and Swamp Thing. Written by Paul Dini.

Last edited:

TheModster

Apr 2, 2017
Ratings
Pennsylvania
- "Forget Me Not", written by Jeremy Adams and starring Firestorm
- "Garden of Evil", featuring Poison Ivy, Vixen and Swamp Thing.
Ohh, Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing in an episode together? That should be interesting!

This is the first time I've heard of "Forget Me Not", it isn't on any episode lists I've seen. Wonder what it could be about.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,153 46
Sherman Oaks CA
So they did premier episodes nobody's seen yet :D.

Poison Ivy? Vixen? Swamp Thing? All together? Sounds like an awesome episode :cool:.

Now I'm really curious about the plot of "Forget Me Not..."

I'm guessing by "guy who had a cartoon in the 90's," they mean Batman :p?

Nov 11, 2006
Ratings
429 1
UK
No Harley Quinn in "Garden of Evil"? I thought it was reported that Paul Dini had written a couple of Harley and Ivy team-ups for this series - guess they must be coming later in the season...

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Ratings
1,765 5
Canada
More Firestorm... We've gotten plenty of him so far (you guys will see when some more episodes air in America.) I'd much prefer seeing Flash, Green Lantern, Space Cabbie or Mr. Terrific.

Garden of Evil, on the other hand, sounds pretty cool. It will be awesome to see Swamp Thing again and hopefully a strong role for Vixen and Poison Ivy.

It almost aired in Canada before being pulled at the last minute. The one new episode Canada got was called Double Cross. I haven't seen anyone talk about it online, so if anyone wants to know some minor details about it and the description, you can check out the spoiler tag.

There are three Batman villains we haven't seen before in the series. In order for Batman to lure Deadshot into a trap, Plastic Man poses as Two-Face. Things go well at first until Two-Face escapes from prison.

No Harley Quinn in "Garden of Evil"? I thought it was reported that Paul Dini had written a couple of Harley and Ivy team-ups for this series - guess they must be coming later in the season...
It will be nice to see them individually before teaming-up in my opinion. They're strong characters on their own as well as together.

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Dec 9, 2006
Ratings
60 1
P.A.
I saw a commercial for Justice League Action toys while i was watching Tales of TMNT it show Batman with wings and voice plus the batmoblie
Its good to know there advertising the toys

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,153 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I saw a commercial for Justice League Action toys while i was watching Tales of TMNT it show Batman with wings and voice plus the batmoblie
Its good to know there advertising the toys
It even sounded like Kevin Conroy recorded his voice for the toy :anime:.

But yeah, it's good to see the toys promoted. If CN isn't going to really promote the show, we can only hope fan appeal, ratings, and toy sales can keep JLA afloat :sweat:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,596 6
A Valid Location
I think it's pretty cool the Wonder Con premieres were episodes that haven't aired anywhere else. I was expecting them to pick stuff that focused on the Trinity more (like "Play Date" last year) but these sound good too. Looking forward to their eventual debuts on television.

There should be still around 7 episodes written by Paul Dini left to premiere, so there are still chances for Harley and Ivy to appear together. That should be fun.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,153 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I hope we get at least one proper episode with Harley in it before we get Harley and Ivy together. Her appearance in "Speed Demon" was fun, but it was basically just a cameo :ack:.

I'm also curious if we'll see Harley and Joker together at least once, and if there's at least one more Joker episode in store for us this season on JLA....

Status
Not open for further replies.