"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,322 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Ah, that could be it. It could explain why Rachel Kimsey and Joanne Spracklen were recording together, with Supergirl on Themyscira ;).

Though if Booster is on Paradise Island...ooh boy :p.
I only remember green bushes and shrubs in Play Date and Luthor in Paradise but I've been wrong before. it could be a wink at the Superman/Batman comic when Supergirl lived on Themyscira for a bit.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Ratings
1,192 3
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
Cartoon Network has passed over details for the remaining new episodes of Justice League Action slated to debut on the network in June. Details are below.

·Saturday, June 10: “Double Cross” –Batman has Plastic Man disguise himself as Two-Face in order to set a trap for Deadshot. Unfortunately things get complicated when the real Two-Face escapes custody.

·Saturday, June 17: “Battle for the Bottled City”– Atom shrinks Superman so he can visit his fellow Kryptonians in the bottled city of Kandor. Soon after, Brainiac attacks and takes off with the bottle. Atom is forced to take control of one of Superman’s damaged robots in order to follow after Brainiac and retrieve the city.

·Saturday, June 24: “Garden of Evil”– Poison Ivy takes control of Swamp Thing using his vegetative powers to overwhelm Gotham with dangerous plants.

Nov 11, 2006
Ratings
429 1
UK
Good to know that the USA is almost half-way through season 1! I know Yojimbo previously posted the tentative schedule (which included All Aboard the Space Train for the 1st of July) but it's nice to have confirmation. I assume all 52 episodes of season 1 have been recorded at this point...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,596 6
A Valid Location
In this Facebook Live interview, around the 37:00 minutes mark, Jennifer Muro confirmed she wrote the episode "The Ringer", and that it has "a little bit of Wonder Woman, a little bit of Superman, a little bit of the Atom, a little bit of Green Lantern". She talks for only like a minute about it; the rest of the interview covers other stuff.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,153 46
Sherman Oaks CA
In this Facebook Live interview, around the 37:00 minutes mark, Jennifer Muro confirmed she wrote the episode "The Ringer", and that it has "a little bit of Wonder Woman, a little bit of Superman, a little bit of the Atom, a little bit of Green Lantern". She talks for only like a minute about it; the rest of the interview covers other stuff.
It's nice to finally have some kind of official confirmation on a Green Lantern appearance :D.

Though if Hal's in it, and with a title like "The Ringer," maybe this is where we'll see the other Lantern Corps. pop up :)?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,153 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Agreed, that's awesome to finally hear something about GL. I'm also living the recurring appearances of Ray Palmer. Though I suppose the speculation about that episode is who's the ringer for who. Do Superman and WW go down and it's up to GL and Atom to save the day?
Or everybody's a ringer because they have Lantern rings :rolleyes2:?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,153 46
Sherman Oaks CA
It'd be more surprising if it isn't, although I think having the VA for Superman also voice Bizarro is kind of a tradition at this point ;).

Besides, I'm sure Jason J. Lewis can come up with a fun take on Bizaroo...on top of everybody else he's playing of course :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,596 6
A Valid Location
June 12th:
Justice League Adventures: Trapped in Time is the only recent cartoon I can think of where Superman and Bizarro had different voice actors (Peter Jessop and Michael Donovan, respectively).

Here, it seems Jason J. Lewis is voicing all male characters that are Kryptonian, Kandorian or even just Kryptonian pets, so I don't think the clone of a Kryptonian is that much of a stretch. :p

June 13th:
Some new episode titles and descriptions are up on Zap2It. No air-dates available yet.

Booster's Gold
Green Arrow becomes involved with Booster Gold when he discovers that the self-centered superhero has brought dinosaurs back from the past for a money-making venture.
Mxy's Mix-Up
As the Justice League tries to protect the United Nations from Grodd's gorilla army, Mr. Mxyptlk pops up from the fifth dimension and thinks it would be great fun to put each of the superheroes' brains into another hero's body.
Supernatural Adventures in Babysitting
Stargirl has to enlist Constantine's help when Klarion the Witch Boy takes the place of the boy she's supposed to be babysitting.
The Fatal Fare
Space Cabbie inadvertently learns about a great threat to the Justice League when one of his passengers turns out to be Darkseid.
Time Out
Batman teams up with Booster Gold when an alien creature starts literally eating up time.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,153 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Some new episode titles and descriptions are up on Zap2It. No air-dates available yet.

Booster's Gold

Mxy's Mix-Up

Supernatural Adventures in Babysitting

The Fatal Fare

Time Out
All of these episodes sound like a lot of fun. I can't wait to watch them :D.

Nice to see Booster will finally be getting some major spotlight in the future, especially since we haven't seen him since Shazam Slam. The premise for the Green Arrow/Booster team-up just sounds like such a Booster Gold plot :anime:.

Mxyzptlk switching the League's brains has the potential for a lot of fun, depending on the heroes involved and how they handle it. I imagine the big issue will be adapting to each other's powers on-top of fighting Grodd's army :eek:.

I wonder if Flash will be in it since the League is dealing with Grodd :)?

I also wonder if the League will switch voices once they switch brains or if they'll keep the voice of the body they inhabit? I hope the latter happens just to hear the VA's try and impersonate one another :rolleyes2:.

Constantine and Stargirl is an odd team-up, but it'll be cool watching them square off against Klarion ;).

Oh lord...Space Cabbie and Darkseid. This I have to see :p.

I wonder if the creature Batman and Booster end up fighting is a variant of the Time Trapper :ack:?

Nov 11, 2006
Ratings
429 1
UK
I can't believe we're getting a sequel to "Trick or Threat" so soon! Well, sort of, anyway... Klarion has obviously escaped from the House of Mystery (I honestly expected him to remain trapped until a potential second season) and here we have him facing off against Constantine again.

"The Fatal Fare" sounds incredible - hope it doesn't disappoint...

The Grodd and Mxy team-up also sounds cool.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,596 6
A Valid Location
I think it was Alan Burnett who mentioned in a recent interview from Wonder Con that there will be more stories with Booster Gold soon. He talked about the one with Green Arrow and dinosaurs, and the Mxy & Grodd episode. Also, regarding the title I remember DC Super Hero Girls had a similar gag with Booster's Gold Mine (I think in "Hero of the Year").

It should be nice seeing more Stargirl, though I wasn't expecting Klarion to return. I figured they'd bring back Constantine at some point.

Space Cabbie was a given for "The Fatal Fare", but Darkseid sure is a nice surprise. I'm really looking forward to these new episodes plus whatever else this show has to offer.

Oct 25, 2013
Ratings
54 1
Thoughts on Booster's Gold: Will they make a Batman & Robin "What Killed the Dinosaurs?" joke?

Thoughts on Mxy's Mix-Up: Where's Hans Blix when you need him?

Status
Not open for further replies.