"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,153 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I noticed Zap2It has a description for an upcoming episode titled "Double Cross". It could be fake but I think their site is more reliable than the likes of Wikipedia (which at the moment doesn't even have this synopsis). It lists an air-date of 02/11 but I think that's probably for the UK, if it's accurate. I'll post it in a spoiler box just in case.
http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/justice-league-action-double-cross/EP025471720024?aid=zap2it
Justice League Action : Double Cross
(First Aired: Februatry 11, 2017)
Batman wants to lure Deadshot into a trap and asks Plastic Man to dress up as Two-Face, but the situation gets complicated when the real Two-Face breaks out of prison.
Assuming this is accurate...

Seeing Plastic Man pretend to be a Supervillain should be fun ;).

Curious to see who'll voice Deadshot and Two-Face...

Glines posted early concept of Poison Ivy and rough design for Captain Cold.
I think this is the first glimpse we've gotten of Ivy's JLA look :).

Body-wise she looks a lot like her The New Batman Adventures design, just with a different, but still leafy, dress :cool:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,322 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I think this is the first glimpse we've gotten of Ivy's JLA look :).

Body-wise she looks a lot like her The New Batman Adventures design, just with a different, but still leafy, dress :cool:.
Yeah? So she wasn't on any of those posters? I forget at this point, lol.

A synopsis for "Zombie King", scheduled to air on February 4th in the US, has appeared on Zap2It:
A little oddly written.
From what I remember there's one throwaway line about Grundy choosing to escape prison that night. But since New Orleans was targeted, makes sense he escaped from a Louisiana prison...ahem

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,322 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Is Grundy/Cyrus Gold even from Louisiana :sweat:?
Hard to say in this continuity. Usually he's portrayed as a Gothamite but nothing's stopping him from crossing state lines if he can do it on the sly. Though it may be a coincidence, his resurrected form did go there at the start of JLU's "Wake the Dead" when those geeks botched the ritual.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,596 6
A Valid Location
Hopefully, not completely. I don't want to see the spiritual sequel "I've Got Batman in my Attic" :p
I think that could have worked as an episode of Batman Beyond, just not sure what attics might be called in the future. Maybe they could have used the kid from "Unmasked". Wonder how the elderly Bruce would react to stuff like that. :p

But getting back on topic, I like how JLA is more subtle when referring to older shows. I think that way kids who haven't witnessed the DCAU won't be distracted too much from the 11 minutes of action.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,153 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Since Action already is a comedy show, a parody episode like that might actually be terrific.
Well, action-comedy I'd say is more accurate ;)
Interesting combination of the more animalistic Chetah design with a more humanoid, feminine, look Barbara Minerva's sported before (especially with the hair) :cool:.

I guess Butch Lukic wasn't happy with the design :sweat:?

Dec 20, 2016
Ratings
Cheetah isn't in the series yet, just a brief appearance in the title sequence.
Regarding Ivy, I used some elements from my Ivy design for The New Batman Adventures for this rough, but the final design went in a different direction. I'll share it on my FB when the air date gets closer.

Thanks everyone for all the the positivity and discussion here, it's been a breath of fresh air. We are all very proud of the show.
Shane

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,322 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Regarding Ivy, I used some elements from my Ivy design for The New Batman Adventures for this rough, but the final design went in a different direction. I'll share it on my FB when the air date gets closer.

Thanks everyone for all the the positivity and discussion here, it's been a breath of fresh air. We are all very proud of the show.
Shane
Here's hoping for more WW villains to start appearing. ;)

And welcome to the forum, Mr. Glines.

And kinda just from listening to him on commentary tracks, Lukic seems blunt but he's not.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,153 46
Sherman Oaks CA

Shane
Wow, Shane Glines :eek:!

Welcome to the forum Mr. Glines! Thank you for popping in here and commenting, it's great to be able to get your input, and we also appreciate you posting your design work and art on your facebook page :).

Can't wait to see your final Ivy design ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.