"Jonny Quest: The Complete First Season" DVD Talkback

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Rate "Jonny Quest"

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

Votes: 1 9.1%

• 1/2

• Total voters

Kolbar

@Cinecrisis on Twitter
May 7, 2002
Ratings
HB Shows.com
www.hbshows.com
Discuss one of Hanna-Barbera's finest shows!

Dr. Benton Quest is a research scientist who is frequently called upon for missions that require his scientific and technical expertise. He is usually accompanied by his son Jonny, his tutor/bodyguard Race Bannon, their bulldog with the distinctive mask-like eye markings named Bandit, and Hadji, an Indian orphan who has special abilities of his own. Together, they investigate mysteries, perform rescues and battle nefarious villains around the world, most notably Dr. Zin.

Special Features Include:
  • Available Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
  • Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), Spanish (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono)
  • All 26 episodes remastered
  • Quest Files: Fun Facts & Trivia (over episode 'Double Danger')
  • Adventures in Animation: A Cartoon Called Quest Featurette on Animators
  • Jonny Quest Video Handbook (bios on heroes, villains and locations)
  • P.F. Flyer Sneaker commercial (original spot)
  • Trailers
In an attempt to complete the Boomerang Talkback Thread Collection, I'll be starting up talkbacks for previous Hanna-Barbera/Classic Cartoon DVD releases. I decided to start with one of their finest series, the original "Jonny Quest."

Discuss both the show and the DVD!

Mar 24, 2006
Ratings
Southern California
I love this boxset. It is one of the best I own. The first season of Johnny Quest was great. I think if The Real Adventures Of Johnny Quest never happened it would of lasted at least 2 more seasons. 5 stars for this one.

Mar 24, 2006
Ratings
Southern California
Kolbar said:
What does that mean? "The Real Adventures" were made nearly 30 years after the original show.
Sorry, that wasn't very clear. I'm saying that if they had the idea to do the Real Adventures, the old episodes must have come back to them so why not make a couple of seasons of the old kind instead?

Kolbar

@Cinecrisis on Twitter
May 7, 2002
Ratings
HB Shows.com
www.hbshows.com
Scoobyrox7 said:
Sorry, that wasn't very clear. I'm saying that if they had the idea to do the Real Adventures, the old episodes must have come back to them so why not make a couple of seasons of the old kind instead?
From what I've read (I haven't seen "The Real Adventures" since they used to show it on Toonami), the show's second season was very similar to the original show unlike the first season. They used less of Questworld and had more stories similar to the 60's show.

Oct 29, 2004
Ratings
al
These episodes are so good that the minor edits don't bother me. (I probably have the unedited on tape anyway) I wish they hadn't done it but the art work on this show outshines every other show they ever did with Scooby Doo Where Are You? a close second. Whay can't cartoons today be this good?

Jan 20, 2003
Ratings
Sterling, VA
These episodes are so good that the minor edits don't bother me. (I probably have the unedited on tape anyway) I wish they hadn't done it but the art work on this show outshines every other show they ever did with Scooby Doo Where Are You? a close second. Whay can't cartoons today be this good?
Well, for one thing, Jonny Quest was produced for prime time (it ran on ABC during the 1964-65 season). It had larger budgets and it shows on screen.

You can't make chicken salad without a lot of scratch, you know. :D