iTunes Now Selling Disney Afternoon Shows

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Tommy Lawson, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The U.S. iTunes store now has a few Disney Afternoon cartoons for sale. It is probably just to place it under some network for the Disney section of iTunes, but they are listed with Disney XD branding. They include the complete runs of Talespin and Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers. They are also offering Ducktales, but that is missing an episode from the comments listed. I hope Darkwing Duck is next in line to get a full release.

2. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

And to answer what is probably your first question, yes this does include the episodes that aren't on DVD. Meaning we can finally enjoy Gizmoduck again in all his glory.

3. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

And the "Flying Dupes" episode is there too.

4. Toon4Thought

Also, oddly enough, for just the Chip 'n Dale volumes, they have HD versions available for sale (EDIT: Except for volume 2, but the quality in the samples is still the same).

I highly doubt it would mean anything in terms of quality, but then again it seems their copies of that show have significantly crisper video quality than those of the other two. I don't know if that's how they came out to begin with though. Anyone who has the DVD, can you please tell me if the video looks as clear as these screenshots I took from a few of the samples?

ChipnDale1.jpg ChipnDale2.jpg ChipnDale3.jpg ChipnDale4.jpg

#4 Toon4Thought, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  5. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

Oh YIPPEE SKIPPEE!:D

6. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

Oh yeah, one other thing I must say...

BUY THESE EPISODES NOW. SHOW DISNEY YOUR SUPPORT. DOLLARS SPEAK LOUDER THAN COMPLAINTS. THEY ARE GIVING YOU A CHANCE TO SHOW THAT THERE IS AN AUDIENCE FOR THESE SHOWS. TV IS A BUSINESS, NOT A CHARITY. IT EXISTS TO MAKE MONEY, NOT CATER TO NICHES OUTSIDE ITS TARGET AUDIENCE. SO BUY THE SHOWS IF YOU WANT TO SEE ANY MORE OF THIS STUFF AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

7. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I'm surprised to that Gummi Bears isn't on the list. I actually saw a little girl watching Gummi Bears on her mom's iPad the other day so I checked this thread to see exactly which shows were for sale.

8. bat313

bat313 Active Member

Does anyone know if these episodes are the modified/censored ones from Toon Disney or are they the original broadcast?

I know in the episode where scrooge first meets Fenton and kicks him out of the office by grabbing the gun of his mantle and shooting at him. But Fenton impresses him by quickly counting the bullets. This was cut out of the Toon Disney airing.

9. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

When will other past Disney Afternoon cartoon shows - Gummi Bears, Goof Troop, Bonkers, Aladdin, Quack Pack, and Mighty Ducks - be on iTunes?

10. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

@DonkeyKongSong:

As pointed out earlier, Ducktales is missing one episode. I don't know about anybody else, but I'd rather have the complete series. I'd rather wait until they uploaded it before I get the others.

Look, I know we should show our support, but that's not really an excuse for not giving us every episode, especially when that one missing episode is also available on DVD, and also appeared when Amazon Prime Video had it. Just saying.

11. Whimsical Crank

Whimsical Crank Sensible to a Slight Degree

This is literally the first time ever I have seen Beaglemania in watchable quality, as well as Bubba's Big Brainstorm with the sound in sync, this is great news indeed!!

12. Toon4Thought

The packs were just released on Amazon, in case any of you prefer to buy episodes on there like I do.

13. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

...and it's also missing an episode. To be exact, both it and iTunes are missing the episode "Sphinx for the Memories". Also, I should point out that Amazon is still listing the Amazon Prime Video entry, even though it's no longer available.

14. ecmyers

ecmyers New Member

I think that scene only appeared in the 2-hour long "Super DuckTales" broadcast as part of the Magical World of Disney. When the movie was broken up into five episodes for syndication, some scenes were missing, as they were with the "Treasure of the Golden Suns" and most other multi-episode Disney Afternoon shows. I wish they'd release the original uncut versions!

15. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Ay Carumba
    Staff Member Moderator

All right, I'm busting this rumor for good. This was taken directly from the DVD set, from me, just now:

[​IMG]

The musket scene is on the DVD and it should be on digital as well.

It was the Super Ducktales version that had material cut, since it was squeezing five episodes' worth of material into a two-hour runtime.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. ecmyers

ecmyers New Member

D'oh! I did that have backwards :p

17. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Comon Darkwing Duck. Wouldn't mind seeing Aladdin too.

#17 SB20xx, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  18. bat313

bat313 Active Member

Awesome, thanks!

19. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Idol Time Countdown!

It's great to see old Disney shows on iTunes.
    Woah, that's cool. Where was this?

20. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

It was at a museum I volunteer at.