Is the US screwed on Zoids Wild?

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Sep 4, 2010
Ratings
Florida
I'm just wondering since there's no simulcast and the chance of a TV broadcast might be slim if there's no place to sell the toys here thanks to the TRU closure...

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
Mar 17, 2010
Ratings
682 1
Canada
Viz lost the rights to the Zoids franchise years ago.
Until someone reacquires the license, we won't see anything Zoids for a long time.
There is no reason to suggest getting Zoids Wild is contingent on re-releasing the earlier shows. They're not in continuity with each other, nor are they from the same production committees.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
Ratings
In a Dream World
That means nothing to kids anime's chances of coming here. Look for example, Yo-Kai Watch had no simulcast and it came here. It's just that kids anime is never simulcasted for whatever stupid reason.
I think it's because the target demographic for those anime aren't really interested in watching the subbed version. Shows like Pokemon and Yo-Kai Watch aren't really marketed the same way other anime series that get a simulcast release. The only exception I can think of right now is with the current Yu-Gi-Oh! series since it has a simulcast. It helps that there was a strong demand for legal subs for years, the subs on Crunchyroll before the simulcast started were successful and it takes them way too long to get the dub airing anyway.

As for Zoids Wild, I'm hoping that it can get some kind of release here. Since it is going to be a toyetic series, it could work nicely on Disney XD. I don't know if they do need another company to get the Zoids license before getting that series, but a re-release of the other series would definitely be nice either way.