Is anyone excited about the Sonic movie?

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Aug 8, 2018
Ratings
Missouri
After they fired the original script writer I've been very nervous.

The original script writer was going to base inspiration from the Sonic Adventure games. I've sense lost the source of that but it was on his facebook page.

Anyone think it's going to be good or just a cash grab?

At least it's not sonic boom the movie so it can't be that bad. right? RIGHT?!

I'm not going to lie I kind of like the plot. Cop teams up with sonic to protect him from the government. Sounds kind of like some inspiration from Sonic Adventure 2.

I'm going to be hopeful. Sonic the Hedgehog (film) - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,910 45
Sherman Oaks CA
I'm kind of just bummed that they're replacing Roger Craig Smith as Sonic.

Like, I'm not surprised they're not using the current game VA's, and Ben Schwarz seems like a good enough fit for Sonic, but I was really hoping to hear Roger Craig Smith in this :(.

Aug 8, 2018
Ratings
Missouri
I'm kind of just bummed that they're replacing Roger Craig Smith as Sonic.

Like, I'm not surprised they're not using the current game VA's, and Ben Schwarz seems like a good enough fit for Sonic, but I was really hoping to hear Roger Craig Smith in this :(.
Why? Do you actually like Sonic sounding like a whiny tired entitled millennial?
Bring back Jason Griffith or Ryan Drummond. They made Sonic and Shadow sound the best. Their voice acting sounded like there was meaning and passion behind what was being said. I'd rather listen to someone who sounds serious about what they're saying. That's just my opinion though. I actually like Roger Craig Smith in Sonic Boom but that's only because I call it Sonic's Vacation Antics.

Jul 14, 2010
Ratings
UK
I'm curious. I've never (well, maybe as a kid) thought of Sonic as natural live action movie material, so if I don't like it I've lost nothing (in contrast I think a bad animated Mario movie would be a real missed opportunity). I like James Marsden and Jim Carrey, and the director's short film (Gopher Broke) was quite charming.

Aug 8, 2018
Ratings
Missouri
I'm curious. I've never (well, maybe as a kid) thought of Sonic as natural live action movie material, so if I don't like it I've lost nothing (in contrast I think a bad animated Mario movie would be a real missed opportunity). I like James Marsden and Jim Carrey, and the director's short film (Gopher Broke) was quite charming.
It won't look too bad if it looks something like this

SourSweetGone

Canterlot High Class of 83.
Aug 7, 2018
Ratings
US
If they were putting any genuine effort into it I would be, but they are very obviously half-arsing it. Also should've just used some common sense and made it fully animated like Nintendo & illumination are doing with Mario this time.

SourSweetGone

Canterlot High Class of 83.
Aug 7, 2018
Ratings
US
I'm not too excited nor uninterested, Sonic has the chance of doing good especially with Jim Carrey being the voice of Eggman, that's going to be fun.
He's not voicing Eggman, he is Eggman as in will be dressing up and playing him. That's the problem Sonic is the only animated thing about the film. This will be just a big a mess as the LA Chipmunks and Smurfs films!