World's Finest Writer's Corner Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by BeastBoyWonder, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unix

Unix Member

Thanks for the welcome raven54. (i'm part of the mob;) :D :anime: , 3rd member:p )

#41 Unix, Oct 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2004
  2. The_NewCatwoman

The_NewCatwoman Oh you've got to be kidding me

You can try doing an exclusive search for "75x75 avatars+Teen Titans" on Yahoo! or Mamma. There are both pros and cons to using each search engine as far as quality of pictures are concerned, but it's worth the effort if you find one that you like. If this doesn't work, try altering the wording in your search.

tNC

3. Kregor8

Kregor8 Communitas Ex Nihilo

Ă‚llo.
    I've been on the site a while, but some people have become angry at me for "Lurking." So lurking is over. I'll just post a few random things here, because it's cool.

Current sign on door: "Beware the Keith"
    Best stories I've read: "All For Nothing," "Vanishing Act," "End of Tomorrow"
    Best stories I haven't read: All the rest - once I read them, I'll move them to the above row.:D
    Least favorite thing about forums: Long long long signatures, people who type in all caps
    Favorite thing about this forum: Huge number of great stories
    Current story: "Perfect Vision," a Teen Titans fic set 16 years in the future
    Favorite cartoon: Teen Titans
    Favorite characters: Raven, Slade
    Favorite Robin line: "What are you planning?" (to Slade everytime he sees him)
    Favorite Raven line: "What's the matter, afraid of the dark?"
    Favorite episodes so far: Spellbound, Haunted, Apprentice
    Favorite TT match: Robin/Starfire. Forever, as rrarbecy would say.
    Least fav TT matchs: Robin/Raven, Cyborg/Raven (Lord Welshi not withstanding)
    Favorite music: Hardcore (Lamb of God, Living Sacrifice, Zao, The Used), Industrial (Argyle Park, Fearful Symmetry, Rammstein), Modern Jazz (Pat Metheny, John Scofield), Modern Classical (think John Cage). I also write electronic music (Drum n' Bass, Trance, Techno, etc)
    Favorite hobbie: Politics (I'm an independant conservative, and no, Bush isn't that conservative)
    Least favorite part of Massachussetts (besides spelling the name): Gun control laws
    Favorite sports: Soccer (football), Ultimate Frisbee, Paintball
    Favorite hangout: the Liberary
    Favorite books: The Bible. Lord of the Rings, C.J. Cherryh's Foreigner cycle, the Foundation cycle (Asimov), more sci-fi. Rainbow Six (Tom Clancy), Slander & Treason (both by Ann Coulter)
    Favorite books to listen to on tape: Sherlock Holmes, Miss Marple, and Poirot stories
    Least favorite books: Any book with too much sex
    Favorite movies: LotR Trilogy, original Star Wars trilogy, The Matrix, The Thin Man series, Murder on the Orient Express
    Favorite computer games: UT 2004, Rainbow Six 3, Need For Speed HP2, Tony Hawk's Underground 2, Tekken 3 (emulated on PC), and all sorts of SNES games.
    Favorite foods: Indian, Chinese, or French fusions that my dad makes.
    Least favorite computer feature: 56.6k modems

That's about all I'll put now. Read my story, and read everything by Lord Welshi, and read All for Nothing, and read...oh just read it all.
    Stay tuned.
    And always ask what your arch-nemisis is planning. You never know when he just might tell you the truth.

4. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

A book can never have too much sex.

5. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Welshie's Mate saying hi!

Hi, I'm Welshie's Mate, better known as Matt Appleby. But please just call me Matt A, 'cause I really HATE my surname!!!!! Anyway, I'm a full-time college student and aspiring writer (or is that the other way round...), and if I tell you that I'm a monumental geek that digs dance music then you will probably know all there is to know about me.

I'm just about to start posting a Teen Titans story called "Dwyr Budr", so have a look at it and tell me what you think. You might like it, you might not, I don't know, but I sure hope that it's the former. Either way, you'll probably find it a bit strange.

Sorry, I know that was a bit of a shameless plug, but it had to be done.

Oh, and I am genuinely one of Lord Welshie's best mates. Go on, ask him...
    (He's called Owain in real life, but everyone who knows him call him Welshie just because it's easier to pronounce!)

6. Alura

Alura You made my heart a hunter...

I think the best way for me to introduce myself to the forum would be being able to relate to someone that I am very much alike to(or at least from what Adrastea's information tells me).

My name is Alura. The name is from a succubus figurine in a Reapers Catalog. I instantly fell in love with the name and have been making various versions of the name ever since. By adding "Alu" to the beginning of fantasy names in the many books I read, I have tons of names to choose from(if I ever need to create a new character in a game or fan fiction for example).

Almost all of the time I will go by Alura, but I also use(in other forums and things like Neopets) Aluraune(at Neopets), Alura6(at NuneWorld), and Alushtasadon(my last name, meaning "Silverrain" in elven).

Favorite hobby: Playing Dungeons & Dragons
    Favorite shows: Teen Titans, Family Guy
    Favorite characters: BloodRayne, Raven, Stewie
    Favorite video game: BloodRayne

Like Adrastea, I love reading but am horrible at writing, so I mostly just read everybody else's stories(I am working on writing a fic of my own at home, not sure if I'll ever finish or post it here, though).:crying:

P.S. What is a lurker? Is that like someone on the forum that hasn't introduced themselves yet? Because up till now, that's all I was...:sweat:

7. oneeyemonkeypie

oneeyemonkeypie D_S needs a hobby...

no, a lurker is someone who just sits there and doesn't do anything, or give feedback.
    Someone who just posts in one place etc...

Kregor8, you're not a lurker. Well, not anymore! welcome to the group.

8. Sproxie

Sproxie Active Member

alright another raven fan! lets see thats about......*tries counting* ugh....! to many! anyway!
    WELCOME EVERYBODY to...
    :D

9. KTfanfic

KTfanfic Member

Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself over here on the World's Finest board.

I really like to read and write fan fiction. So far I only have one DCU fic. I've just posted it if you want to read it. It's called Legacies.

I also like to draw. You can find some of my pictures here http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?p=1422902

~KT

10. Calico

Calico Didn't you get the memo?

My re-introduction

Howdy!

Some of you may remember me from a while back. I had to take a voluntary sabbatical from writing earlier this year due to some personal issues. Then things were starting to get better and I was happily writing away, only to have a really stupid accident involving one of my thumbs and a lot of sharp teeth. Now that I'm recouperating, I will shortly start posting updates to 'The Little Things'. I've got about five chapters that just need polishing.

I want to sincerely thank everyone who has voted for me in the hall of fame polls. It always feels good to be appreciated :)

Lastly, I have to say I'm a little intimitated by all the 'Catwomen' in charge around here. ;)

(Seriously, congrats, ladies. *hugs*)

11. Panda22

Panda22 Grrr...beware of my chibi-ness

sup peoples!! I think I introduced my self before...but well, I'm going to introduce myself again.:evil:

Hi y'all I'm panda22, but I also go by: Noelani, Dream, Egg, Woofy, and that New Yorker. I Love swift creek, My favorite song of theres is 'this side' if ya havent noticed. I also like Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Sara Eveans, Terrie Clark, Lonestar, and alot more country:D! I Love the Harry Potter series, I also like The divide, and back to the Divide. I am in 6th grade, 11 years old, 12 on december 22nd. I know Starburn1116, and star/robin4ever in real life, out of internet:eek:. I stalk people on here, ecpesialy Lord Welshie, 'cause he might be me cousin. (ya never know thease things.;)) And I am writing my new story "Tarry?!?" but untill I finish the 1st chapter I'm not posting it up on this site!

12. The_NewCatwoman

Yes! Calico's back. I missed you, along with everyone else, terribly. It got pretty lonely around here with only three of the "Old Guard" showing up. Now that you're back I feel delighted. Oh, and thanks about the mod thing.

Okay, if you've already introduced yourself--on the last page no less--I don't think there's grounds to do it again. If you need to make revisions, do it on the original post. This posting the same information again and again contributes to flooding and smacks of post-padding. Please consider that in the future.

tNC

13. Panda22

Panda22 Grrr...beware of my chibi-ness

It was on the 1st page, and it was more like an interview....I wanted people to actualy have me say what I am all about *starts singing 'thats what it's all about'*

14. The_NewCatwoman

Well that's all fine and good but I meant this:

Which was indeed on the second page of this thread, not the first. This is where you officially started your introduction however much you left out and then added to the fourth post, i.e. the one above. That's where this information should have been added.

You essentially posted the same thing twice with more information the second time. This is where flooding and post padding is concerned.

tNC

15. Reirden

Better late than never

Been posting here for a week, and I never introduced myself. Shame, shame. :p

The name's Reirden, and I love comics. I write all the time, anything will do. I mostly like writing stories about my favorite DC characters, Batman and Superman, and I like writing comic book scripts just because :p.

16. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

It's about time you introduced yourself Reirden. Nice to have you around ! =D

17. JazzyChick

JazzyChick Bass players are misunderstood

umm, hi? I'm really new, but have been reading for a while. Just thought it was finally time to join up. So yeah, uhhhh I guess I'll tell some junk about myself.

I play the bass guitiar, and like to play jazz music the best, but I'll play just about anything (just not country, thought I've been forced to...).
    I'm in love with the Teen Titans.
    I like to think of myself as a writer, but not everyone agrees.
    Uhhh, my favorite color is red.
    A friend from school showed me this site a while ago.

Uhh, is that enough?

18. Unix

Unix Member

welcome JazzyChick, lookin forward to seeing u around, if u write u should start a fic, people around here are always good for feedback!:D so welcome and enjoy your stay (hopefully it'll be a long one ;) )

19. JazzyChick

JazzyChick Bass players are misunderstood

thx Unix, I'm writing a fic but I'm not brave enough to post it yet. I'm making all my friends aprove it before I do, bescides basketball season just started up and I'm hardly home anymore... I'm hoping my stay will be long too!!!

20. Raven37

Raven37 Member

Ok, I've been here for abot 2 or 3 month already and just now bothered to look at this:sweat: ......So here I go:

B-day: September 15
    Best friend: Aquagirl15/Jessie
    Fav. animated show: TEEN TITANS
    Fav. non-animated show: The Surreal life, or Viva La Bam
    Fav. Characters: RAVEN, Blackfire, and Aqualad
    Fav. Song:1985, by Bowling 4 Soup
    Fav. Band: Linkin Park
    Fav. fan fic: Lord Welshie's "Vanishing Act"
    Other stuff: I have 2 dogs. I like pie (lol). and I like this smiley::meatwad: it's cute...
    Chinese operator number: 1-800-777-7777. Try it! It really works! Just ask Aquagirl!!!:anime:

Anyway, that's me. If you have any questions, call this number: 555-555-5531.....not really (that number doen't exist, to my knowledge....) If you have any quetions....just ask me!!!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.