IDW to reprint, complete Image's cancelled TMNT comic title

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by James Harvey, Feb 21, 2018.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Apr 23, 2001
    IDW Publishing will reprint the entire 23-issue run of the Image Comics Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles title monthly beginning in May 2018, which will be immediately followed by three new issues by the series' original creative team to wrap up the storylines. The 20-year old comic will be reprinted under the title Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Urban Legends. IDW Publishing, which prints a hosts of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles content - both new and old, revealed the details in their monthly comic soliciations for May 2018. Details are below.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Writer: Gary Carlson
    Artwork: Frank Fosco

This is it, fans! You demanded it, and IDW Publishing listened! The entire Image Comics TMNT run (a.k.a TMNT Volume 3) reproduced for the first time ever in full, four-color glory! Join creators Gary Carlson and Frank Fosco as they take the Heroes in a Half-Shell on some of their most amazing and dangerous and bizarre adventures ever… culminating in three brand-new issues by Carlson and Fosco to properly close out this long-beloved storyline at last!

In this premiere issue, the TMNT and Master Splinter are attacked in their lair by a group of cyborgs led by the female ninja called Pimiko. Before the attack is over, one family member will fall… and one will be lost! Don’t miss your chance to get in on the ground floor of the entire TMNT Image experience!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The entire TMNT Volume 3 run— all 23 issues—reprinted in full color for the first time!

Culminates in three brand-new issues (#24-26), written and drawn by original creators Gary Carlson and Frank Fosco, completing the entire tale at last!

Colors by IDW TMNT veteran Adam Guzowski (TMNT Color Classics)!
    Featuring new cover art by Frank Fosco and TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman!

Discuss this exciting TMNT news!
  2. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Jan 19, 2004
    I didn't read that comic but that's an awesome idea.
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Jul 13, 2003
    Neat, I remember reading that. Always wondered if Karai was the new Shredder or not.
  4. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2002
    This is great news! I have been looking into getting these old Image TMNT comics lately but the price has been so high on them. I've heard so much about them so I'm glad I'll get the chance to actually read them now. I would usually wait for the trade as I do with my regular IDW TMNT reading but I might need to go monthly here.
  5. TylerS

TylerS Member

Jan 27, 2011
    From the few crossover issues I own it doesn't seem like my thing but I'm glad they are finally ending the story for the fans.