I Learned Something Today

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
Ratings
www.youtube.com
I learned that among all the theatrical Don Bluth movies I could find on iTunes, Anastasia has both the most bonus features (including Bartok the Magnificent), and the lowest price.

Rock-a-Doodle remains completely absent from iTunes.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
Today I leatrned if you turn on your Gamecube while holding down A, Y, the Z trigger, the left shoulder button on Controller 1 and the right shoulder button on Controller 2, this will happen!
If you do the same thing but while holding the controller upside down, then this happens instead:

Honestly, Grandayy is a gift to us all.

EDIT: After I posted this I found out that another one of these was made by Grandayy just today:

Last edited:

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
Ratings
www.youtube.com
I learned that Marvel Studios' usual method of releasing IMAX movies to home video - the full height on 3D Blu-Ray, 2.40:1 matting on all other formats - didn't apply to Avengers: Infinity War, which lacks the full height even in 3D.
For further oddity, I discovered via iTunes Extras that the gag reel doesn't have matting.

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
Ratings
www.youtube.com
I learned that Michelle Pfeiffer became Miss Orange County in 1978, which probably means portraying a former beauty queen in Hairspray hit close to home for her.

Also, I learned copying and pasting a YouTube thumbnail on this forum embeds the picture, not the video.

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ratings
1,525 13
New York
Back when Nicktoons showed reruns of Dragon Ball GT, after the initial run of DBZ Kai ended, they referred to them as "new episodes" (I'm guessing to increase ratings). I found out that "Giru's Checkered Past" never aired on Cartoon Network, so it was actually a new episode when Nicktoons premiered it.

Aug 8, 2018
Ratings
23 2
Missouri
The "L is real" on the statue in Super Mario 64 was put there as a joke by the programmers.

Source
I've seen this letter before. I don't believe it. Nintendo of America wouldn't have that info. The person who wrote that letter didn't have the authority to answer the question and probably didn't even know the context.

Also it doesn't say L is real 2041.

You're really hurting if you think it says L is real 2041. I dare you to try and read this as anything other than blur. There's no way to know it would even be in English.
The truth is that it was just stock art that they made for use as a slab.

qGCJI.jpg

Last edited:

ToonJay723

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ratings
1,525 13
New York
I've seen this letter before. I don't believe it. Nintendo of America wouldn't have that info. The person who wrote that letter didn't have the authority to answer the question and probably didn't even know the context.

Also it doesn't say L is real 2041.

You're really hurting if you think it says L is real 2041. I dare you to try and read this as anything other than blur. There's no way to know it would even be in English.
The truth is that it was just stock art that they made for use as a slab.

View attachment 196971
The letter from the Game Play Consoler says it doesn't mean anything. In the second paragraph. "L is Real" is what people think it's saying.

Red Arrow

Proud Beneluxer
Oct 22, 2012
Ratings
3,448 67 1
Belgium
You know the old joke in movies and TV about someone being raised by wolves? Turns out, there was actually a guy in Spain who had that kind of upbringing. Did that whole cliche start with his story making headlines?
How to be human: the man who was raised by wolves
The cliche ultimately stems from the Romulus and Remus myth.

There have been other people raised by wolves. Some aren't able to speak.

Aug 8, 2018
Ratings
23 2
Missouri
In the second paragraph. "L is Real" is what people think it's saying.
Right. It doesn't say "L is real" either.
Reddit isn't a source. You can easily fake a letter, print it out, post on imgur.
Even if the letter isn't faked it's not coming from a source of authority. The PR/Customer Care department of Nintendo of America does not have any knowledge of the Super Mario 64 development history.
Even within Nintendo Japan info on Super Mario 64 development is basically non-existent.

Here's what actually happened, the PR/Customer Care department was taking a wild guess. Person sitting in cubicle thinks to himself with no evidence "I mean it looks like an Easter egg so it must be!"

No, I'm not going to let this go until everyone is informed that it's not real. Anyone following Super Mario 64 dev history knows that letter is BS.