1. If you are seeing non-stop CMP acceptance notifications, go here and we will help you troubleshoot:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-cmp-acceptance-notice.5663692/
    If you are seeing non-stop Privacy/ToS acceptance notifications, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-privacy-terms-acceptance.5663702/
    If you are seeing threads with no posts at all, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/threads-with-no-content.5663811/
    Please note that these are separate issues. Posting in the correct thread will help us resolve the issue faster.
    Dismiss Notice

I Learned Something Today

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Jun 27, 2012.

1. twilicorn

twilicorn HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

Today I learned that in tandem with the new series, Rocky the Flying Squirrel has a Twitter. Search @squirrelyrocket.

2. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

I learned that Lin-Manuel Miranda's relationship with Disney goes further back than Moana.

3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Ay Carumba
    Staff Member Moderator

Ah, guess what? Today I learned the original 1924 version explains what happened to the parents. Well, the father anyway. It's...eye-opening.

"You know, for kids!"

Wonder if any of that was in the prequel.

4. Dsneybuf

If you read the prequel, I'd like to know how it compares to how you imagined the Boxcar Children lived before their parents died. I don't think I ever tried to imagine that myself.

In other news, I learned that TVShowsOnDVD shut down their website, which might make it harder to update "Coming to DVD: Never". (I haven't checked in a while if you updated the Fox Kids section with post-2010 events.)

5. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, this isn't good. A quick glance on Google reveals there are still a few sites that cover home media releases, but not as elegantly or as simply. It's impossible to load a page that's just a list of things. And none of them specifically cover TV shows.

By the way, the reason there hasn't been a new "Things You Can't Ever Have" in a long time is because eBay changed their recommendation algorithm. If you visited the page for a game you'd get linked to all sorts of game-related things, not just more games like the one you're looking at. Does anyone know a better way to search that site? Keep in mind I mean "search" as in "stumble upon things I don't know exist and therefore can't specifically search for."

TheMisterFree likes this.
  6. twilicorn

Maybe mose around the "Video Game Memorabilia" section? You'll definitely find a few gems there. Such as this 3D-printed Nuka-Cola blaster replica from Fallout 4:
    [​IMG]

7. Dsneybuf

If you ever update the Fox Kids section of "Coming to DVD: Never" with post-2010 events (eg, Disney selling Power Rangers back to Saban), do you plan to take into account shows available digitally, but not physically (such as every Spider-Man: The Animated Series episode that Disney never put on DVD)?

8. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

But now it's been sold to Hasbro.

9. Dsneybuf

Despite all that, last time I read "Coming to DVD: Never", it still plainly stated, "...Power Rangers airs on Disney-owned channels now."

10. twilicorn

Also, The Muppet Show proper is getting less and less likely to have its last two seasons on DVD. Season 4 was announced at D23 almost a decade ago, we got a cover design and that's it. You'd say music rights are the problem here, but that didn't stop them from releasing the first three seasons with the only removals being a few songs in season 1.

11. Dsneybuf

When I wrote a list of Shout!/Disney DVD/Blu-Ray releases I hope follow Gravity Falls (which I've already preordered, after watching only a few episodes elsewhere), The Muppet Show seasons four and five, and an uncut re-release of S1, made the top of the list.

12. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

13. twilicorn

Wasn't there something here about how Americans don't clap before getting off an airplane? Oh yeah, it must have been deleted.

Red Arrow :D likes this.
  14. Dsneybuf

I learned that the Fox Kids section of "Coming to DVD: Never" still hasn't undergone any updates since 2010.

15. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

Why are you obsessed with this? There's other outdated articles.

16. Dsneybuf

I wanted that post to mark the last time I brought it up, regardless of whether or not it brought about any change, but I just found it odd that other parts of the article have undergone updates (eg, The Real Ghostbusters section disappearing after Time/Life released their complete series DVD), yet eight years and counting have gone by without the Fox Kids section getting touched. The Power Rangers TV rights reference looks like a small anachronism in the grand scheme, but I didn't think it would take this long to delete it.

Anyway, even if Disney and Fox merge, I swear not to pester Peter anymore about it; I think he already declined my offer to help gather new info.

#457 Dsneybuf, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  17. twilicorn

18. twilicorn

And also I learned recently that the "I'm in me mum's car" girl is a lesbian
    [​IMG]

19. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator