I Learned Something Today

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
770 7
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
WHAT

"In the Melissa & Joey Halloween episode 2014, Aunt Zelda shows up and tells Melissa that she is a witch named Sabrina who had her memory wiped. At the end of the episode Mel decides to have her memory wiped again and continue her life as an oblivious mortal."

That's correct....."Melissa and Joey" was a stealth sequel to the "Sabrina" sitcom. What a cruel fate for Sabrina.
Did someone else show up in the same episode and tell Joey his real last name is Russo?

I learned that at least two shows on the CW accompanied sex scenes with non-romantic Imagine Dragons songs. One, I saw myself, another, I only read about.
Was the first one Arrow? And there have to be more than two. Every show on the air was using "Radioactive" in an episode.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Sep 3, 2006
Ratings
2,507 1
Kansas
nachosconcarne.cartoonsdammit.com
The Ren & Stimpy episode "Reverend Jack" is a fictionalized dramatization of the events surrounding Nickelodeon's firing of creator John Kricfalusi from the show. It's basically the animation team raising a huge middle finger to their former show runner - depicting his mannerisms around the studio, his constant running behind schedule, and how he ranted against the show and the people still working on it after he was booted out.

As a matter of fact, the Games Animation vanity card that appeared at the end of the show from season three onwards (a picture of Stimpy dressed as a milkman) came about because of John K.'s ranting after he was fired, describing the network and the staff he was leaving behind as "milkmen" trying to squeeze as much as possible out of his creation.

Last edited:

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
770 7
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
The Ren & Stimpy episode "Reverend Jack" is a fictionalized dramatization of the events surrounding Nickelodeon's firing of creator John Kricfalusi from the show. It's basically the animation team raising a huge middle finger to their former show runner - depicting his mannerisms around the studio, his constant running behind schedule, and how he ranted against the show and the people still working on it after he was booted out.

As a matter of fact, the Games Animation vanity card that appeared at the end of the show from season three onwards (a picture of Stimpy dressed as a milkman) came about because of John K.'s ranting after he was fired, describing the network and the staff he was leaving behind as "milkmen" trying to squeeze as much as possible out of his creation.
I've never seen this episode. Now I want to.

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
Ratings
www.youtube.com
I learned that at the Amazon Marketplace, the cheapest My Neighbor Totoro Fox Family Feature DVD costs almost $70. (It doesn't show the movie in widescreen or Japanese, but it does have a different English dub than that used on the Disney and GKIDS DVDs.)

Nov 18, 2015
Ratings
9 1
freshliciousflower.tumblr.com
The famous tagline "Don't squeeze the Charmin" comes from how people would squeeze bread loaves in the old days to see if it was fresh (aka soft), since the packaging bread was packaged in wasn't airtight because the bread would be wrapped in wax paper in cellophane. Since the bread would loose its' shape due to being squeezed too much, the sales staff would often tell people, "Don't squeeze the bread, please!"

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
770 7
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
"The Fox and the Hound (1981) was a troubled production. The original ending for the animated feature was to have the hard drinking hunter nailing Tod the fox’s lifeless pelt to the wall and then euthanizing Copper the dog with his shotgun."

whaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT

Also, the producer wanted to put Charo in the film.