"How We Would Revive Animaniacs" Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Ay Carumba
    Staff Member Moderator

2. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

Starting this weekend, she'll star in the current Broadway revival of Hello, Dolly!
    I also managed to track her whereabouts before that: Since 2014, she had a recurring role in an Amazon series titled, Mozart in the Jungle, which I haven't seen myself.

#2 Dsneybuf, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Ay Carumba
    Staff Member Moderator

OK, updated with the correct information.

4. twilicorn

twilicorn HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER

I feel that in this day and age they'd definitely go for the route of topical humor. The same with Bullwinkle, which has a similar edge.

And I definitely agree that streaming is the new first-run syndication, only the market is now infinite times as big and you can even take it with you wherever you go. A shame Hulu will probably never make it to Canada even by the time the revival comes along, but it's two years from now so anything can happen. (It could show up on Crave TV or something)

5. pacman000

pacman000 Member

My goodness... I'd forgotten about most of those segments. Thank You. :)

I actually liked both the candle and the golden paper cartoon. Don't know what else you could do with a scrap of paper, but there are still other great works the candle could witness. Perhaps a Christmas toon where he (she?) witnesses some great holiday story being written? I don't know if that would work; it's been a long time since I've seen these.

6. Alexander Cayford

Alexander Cayford New Member

Hmm... Mindy and Buttons has been done to death, no one likes Katie Ka-Boom, Elmyra's probably gonna be a thing.

*ding!*

Time for Timeskip, A now Teenage Mindy has to put up with a little sister who's pretty much a carbon copy of herself from when she was too young to recognise her mother as anything other than 'Lady' to the point where she ends up having to rescue her hiney with Buttons half the time. Katie is the alpha ***** of her group and provides to the danger with Elmyra being Mindy's innocent best friend. Providing a Betty Finn and Veronica Sawyer dynamic to their relationship.

7. Mysterious H

Mysterious H New Member

So just me liking Katie Kaboom, huh? I think it could work with modern teenage girls- lots to work with there. I think Goodfeathers could work as well. There have been enough crime dramas since then that they could take on.

I'd like to see them rely less on the Warners and Pinky and the Brain, and more on the other segments. My favorite episodes were actually the ones with the shorter Warners bits. Agree on the rest of the segments though.

8. twilicorn

I can totally see some characters being aged up!

9. TheMisterFree

TheMisterFree Member

Here's my take:

Warners vs. (insert annoying issue/person/thing here)? Yep. I'd love to see them try to take down Trump and his cronies- they'd be whacking them with mallets until Muller busts in. And them vs. Ajit Paidoff, hopefully giving his smug face a well-deserved punch.

Pinky and Brain never get tired. They're in.

Hell yes on the Freakazoid idea. If possible, maybe focus a bit more on the Dexter-Freakazoid partnership, explore it a bit more; Dex was underutilized in my opinion, though his stereotypical family needs to be jettisoned. Maybe an aged up Dex as some sort of mid-30s guy who uses Freak as his vent towards everyday issues?

Good Idea Bad Idea is a definite yes.

More one-shots would help make things more unpredictable, get the creative juices really flowing.

And Jon McClenahan is a no-brainer.

10. twilicorn

I also want to see the Warners against some stupid overhyped celebrities like Kardashians. And some guest spots from worthwile celebs.

11. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It sounds like it’ll mostly just be Animanaics and Pinky and the Brain. But i hope not since I want Slappy Squirrel to return.

Anyway, I want them to acknowledge how much they missed since they missed since their show ended, and that they take time covering as much as they can. Make fun of celebrities, social media, YouTube stars, politicians, iPhones, video games, and especially other animated cartoons, like anime, Adventure Time, CG animation, Frozen, Despicable Me, and Spongebob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

I'd ask if they could get away with making fun of other Hulu shows, but I don't know if Hulu has any worth making fun of - especially with the controversy that ensued after The Emoji Movie put out an ad evoking The Handmaid's Tale.

13. quiteliterally

Aww, I see that you didn't even consider Charlton Woodchuck as an option.

Obviously he's not coming back. Though I find him curious because presumably he was an aborted attempt at a new segment that never got further than its pilot arc. I kind of want to know what else they might have done with him.

14. Funky Al

Funky Al I ate the WHOLE PLATE!

In my version of the show it is repeatedly established yakko warner wears pants in order to hide his nether region[​IMG]

Also, this happens
    [​IMG]

#14 Funky Al, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2018
  15. twilicorn

I can see a Handmaid's Tale parody episode, as long as they, y'know, keep it tasteful (especially after the aforementioned Emoji Movie fiasco). But Hulu seems to have been moving away from comedy as of late, so maybe they'll have no choice but to spoof the dramatic fare.

16. zlens

zlens New Member

The Handmaid's Tale doesn't seems like a appropiate subject matter for parody, specially for a kid-friendly cartoon,:).
    Anyway I hope they stay mostly apolitical, making fun of half a country political leanings isn't a good tactic, the old writers and directors were wise enough to cancel that Newt Gingrich song they had planned.
    I also prefer they kept the slapstick violence at the same level, and don't make them more sadistic and spiteful(like in the show's bible) Unfortunately that seems to be in vogue now.
    But to be brunt, I don't see the point of these reboots and remakes, all those shows had enough episodes. Why not create new characters instead?

#16 zlens, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  17. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

If the Animaniacs reboot works, why not a Tiny Toon Adventures reboot?