1. If you are seeing non-stop CMP acceptance notifications, go here and we will help you troubleshoot:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-cmp-acceptance-notice.5663692/
    If you are seeing non-stop Privacy/ToS acceptance notifications, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/non-stop-privacy-terms-acceptance.5663702/
    If you are seeing threads with no posts at all, go here:
    https://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/threads-with-no-content.5663811/
    Please note that these are separate issues. Posting in the correct thread will help us resolve the issue faster.
    Dismiss Notice

How the AT&T and time warner merger will affect cartoon network?

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by thomas2313412, Jun 13, 2018 at 5:34 AM.

1. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Well-Known Member

Now that the AT&T and time warner merger is official ,This made me wonder if it affect all of its assets including Cartoon Network.

I mean think about it with that merger perhaps maybe Cartoon network will go back to 24 minute cartoons and probably get their own official streaming service with the help of AT&T ,Am I right?

2. SG-17

SG-17 Member

I am worried that they might make it an internet cable exclusive to DirecTV Now. Currently its on Sling, PlayStation Vue, and DirecTV Now. AT&T owns DirecTV Now.

3. Commander Beeper

Commander Beeper Watchdog

Management-wise, probably nothing unless AT&T wants to restructure Time Warner.

4. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter! Moderator

Turner will remain unchanged.

5. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I'll believe it when I see it. As far as I'm concerned, mergers like these always tend to lead to negative changes, loss of jobs, and loss of competence, as well as confidence from a viewerbase that can only stand for so much change.

Too bad CN could use some changes to the way they're doing things, but whatever.

Fone Bone likes this.
  6. Elijah Abrams

Elijah Abrams Just deal with it!

7. LinusFan303

LinusFan303 A fan of Linus and Peppermint Patty

Who knows? When Comcast took over NBC they kind of improved it and it's local stations where they hired more. Took out some of the lower rated "deadweight" cable channels , improved Telemundo. In speaking of that I wish they were forced to do again what Comcast was forced to do , not have NBCU networks (including the ones that were originally owned by Comcast) be Xfinity exclusive. It's hard to know what they want to do with any of the Turner networks they may want to keep some status quo more than shake it up. The fact that CN already focuses on streaming in the first place plays into AT&T's possible agenda for Time Warner in the first place.

8. Dudley

Dudley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

CN might be left alone, they might makr CN convert into an a generic kids channel with live action shows. Or everything might be done I’m Flash from here on out to cut down on costs.

It’s too early to tell, that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Elijah Abrams

Please no!

10. LinusFan303

LinusFan303 A fan of Linus and Peppermint Patty

Judging by them keeping CNN's head in charge at least until 2020 , maybe AT&T would rather be consistent than shake things up. Cartoon Network also seems to have long term plans that they made knowing that merger was still a possibility I don't think the new owners are going to "welp, we here now so let's mess this up" They may actually work on devolving the Turner networks into streaming services that so happen to be data free on AT&T's network. They seemingly wanted Time Warner because it had content, they had content providing system already so I don't think they are going to mess that up.

11. Elijah Abrams

1. AT&T better make those Turner networks into live streaming services!

2. They wanted Time Warner also because they want to compete with services like Netflix.

12. Markus Nelis

Markus Nelis Member

Hopefully not. I want to cable networks to stay alive at least for 10 more years...

LinusFan303 likes this.