How did you like IDW Sonic the Hedgehog issue #1?

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by dth1971, Apr 8, 2018.

1. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Did you get your copy of IDW Sonic the Hedgehog #1 as of yet? If so, what did you think of it? Does it hold a candle of the past of the 1992-2017 Archie Sonic comic run?

I know the Freedom Fighters (Sally Acorn included) won't be a part of the comic until at least early 2019, but you'll never know...

2. 2-D chirox

2-D chirox Active Member

I haven't much of the archie series. Given how far back it started it just felt difficult to get into. I considered getting into it last year but I heard the romours of IDW's take over and decided to wait for that. The comic itself felt a little lacking. Not a lot of dialogue or really much story (not until the end). However I hear this is common with new comic book series. It seems like they're taking their time with setting up the characters. Which I assume is to help newcomers to the series. I mean it's been a while since Sega really payed much attention to having an extended universe of characters and as a result I think younger buyers might not have the full context for these characters. I mean for example growing up in the 2000s I had Sonic X to delve into the characters and get me to understand them. The Sonic fans under the age of let's say 16 probably didn't watch much Sonic X or anything else that really showed off the characters.

So I say wait around for things to get more interesting. I do admit I do look forward to the freedom fighters showing up cause I've never really been that into them.