How could Tiny Toons and Animaniacs be rebooted into a new show?

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by dth1971, Apr 21, 2013.

1. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Animaniacs is more than TMS's animation. I mean, jeez, TMS only animated one episode out of the final 34. They were a part of the show's success, but not the only part. While I don't really want the show to come back anyway, the lack of TMS wouldn't make or break it for me. They're not essential.

And what do you mean "TMS needs to do the same with Tiny Toons and Animaniacs"? Do what? Reboot it? That's not their choice. That's not their decision. Whether you want to accept it or not, TMS was just an animation house who did work on the show. They would have nothing to do with bringing the show back. When was the last time ANY WBTA comedy show went to TMS? If Animaniacs came back (it won't) I'm sure it would end up at whatever Korean studios did Looney Tunes Show or Tom and Jerry Tales or anything else like that.

I think ya really gotta deal with that.

2. Pc-Famicom64

Pc-Famicom64 Active Member

People back in the 70s said the same thing about Tensai Bakabon & Gusty Frog but said shows ended up getting a 2th series anyway, plus Warners & Amblin still have to green light it just like any manga publisher (like Shogakukan, Shueisha and Kodansha) and manga-ka artist has to do when a animation studio (like TMS) reboots one of their own IPs, it's just how it works.

Plus TMS did Green Lantern First Flight, Justice League Doom & Superman Vs The Elite just fine, this will also do fine too.

3. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Ugh. I'm done. I think I'll just stick to my blog thread from now on.

4. Pc-Famicom64

The same can be said about TMS' other shows, with Cutie And The Beast TMS outsourced it and the other shorts that came with it as Superman:TAS & TNBA was TMS' main focus at the time and with Wakko's Wish (the last comedy Warners give to them) TMS came in late and outsourced most of it as TMS' main focus at that time was CyberSix.

Rebooting Sailor Moon was not Toei's decision either (that was done by Kodansha), but Toei is rebooting it anyway because Kodansha told them to; Warners may own the characters and is the headliner, but TMS is the greater power, because of the bomb that is Pinky Elmyra And The Brain TMS makes sure that they have a closer watch on their IPs so that another Pinky Elmyra And The Brain will never happen again; So unless TMS go's out of business, they're staying at TMS so you will never have to worry about Warners taking full control on the IPs (plus if Spielberg were to ever to die, TMS will get his shares in the IPs, it's in his will).

Plus like Konami's Pentarou, Buster Bunny is TMS' mascot, he may not appear in any newer productions, but he is still TMS' mascot, and that is why no other studios can touch said IPs, and if said shows were to ever come back, TMS will have final say on it and all Warners can do about it is give them a large amount of cash for it and get any VAs that are still alive to do it.

Fine by me, the faster we get through with this the sooner I can start working on listing TMS' Disney output (I'm working on it and people have bin asking me for info about it for some time now).

5. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

Okay, if I have to be the one to say it, I'll be the one to say it. This stuff just isn't true. A lot of the things you say about TMS aren't true, I suspect, because they are really strange and you never provide any links to back them up. Spielberg's will, what the hell? How could you know what's in Spielberg's will? And the other stuff is almost as out there. You've created an elaborate fantasy world around TMS, and that's fine, but you can't start passing off outlandish things like this as the truth.

6. Pc-Famicom64

All of the TMS info that I get are from verified members on 2Ch who work for the animation industry and worked at TMS during it's production, I will love to give you links, but due to NSFW adds, I can't; I will not post the info otherwise.

As for Spielberg, the whole shares thing is also in TMS' contract, if Spielberg were to ever die, TMS gets his shares (TMS owns 30% as of now, if he dose die, TMS will have 50% making it 50/50 between Warner Bros & TMS).

7. Shawn Hopkins

You can post the links in a spoiler box with a warning they are NSFW. As long as there is a warning it'll be fine.

Have you ever heard the expression "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence?" If you're going to say Steven Spielberg willed 20 percent of a cartoon to an animation studio in Japan, then you're going to need some convincing proof. I think it's a lot more likely that Spielberg has no idea what the hell TMS is.

8. Pc-Famicom64

1.Thanks for the tip, but it's better to be safe then to be sorry, plus 2Ch topics have a issue that they will only stay up for a few days (other times, the topics stay up for 10+ years, but normally, they don't stay up for that long).

2.TMS told Warners they will do Tiny Toons if they meet up with their demands, having at least 30% of said IP hold was one of them (TMS normally asks for 20% but they lost alot of money on Little Nemo and needed the money badly), Warners almost did not pick up on TMS because of it, they did asked Speilberg about it and he said ok so TMS got their shares and the studio was saved with Tiny Toons.

If TMS did not do Tiny Toons, TMS will be out of business because of how much money they lost on Little Nemo, also TMS' president Yutaka Fujioka was in staff photos, heres a picture of him.

[​IMG]

And the full picture right from Tom Ruegger himself.

http://cartoonatics.blogspot.com/2010/09/warner-bros-animation-staff-circa-1990.html

If thats not enough proof that TMS had say on their Warner Bros output, then I don't know what is.

9. Shawn Hopkins

I've asked the mods just to be sure, but I am certain there would be no problem with posting those links. I went to 2Chan and looked around, the ads are for hentai, but actually relatively mild. Not explicit.

That picture doesn't prove anything. Maybe he was just visiting that day.

And the TMS owns 30 percent of Tiny Toons thing is the kind of thing I am talking about. There is literally no proof of that anywhere. I Googled it. No hits.

#69 Shawn Hopkins, May 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
  10. Pc-Famicom64

Ok then, If I can re-find the links to them (if their are still up that is), I will post them with a warning.

From people who worked at TMS during Fujioka's era, he will only show up for business, never leisure so he was there for business, other TMS staff members are also in the photo (but only a few of them, it's mostly US staff and Fujioka was the only one that I can spot out in terms of TMS staff) as well.

11. Shawn Hopkins

I'm sure his visit was for business, but was he there telling Tom Ruegger and Jean MacCurdy what to do as owner of nearly a third of the show? Heck no.

12. Pc-Famicom64

No Fujioka's demands were in Tokyo, plus most of the info about Fujioka's output and how it is to work with him are in Japan only books (none of which have ever bin translated), here is one of them ( http://www.amazon.co.jp/リトル・ニモの野望-大塚-康生/dp/4198618909/ , I have this book by the way) done by Yasuo Otsuka (he has made quite a few of them).

13. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

From what I've gathered on the Batman: TAS commentaries, TMS had a "we know better than you about what you want" attitude, and used that attitude to change things without WB's consent. The only catch is, WB frequently liked TMS's changes so much that they kept them in. That still doesn't mean TMS owns foreign productions they worked on, though.

14. Narfpinky

Narfpinky ~splash~
    Staff Member Moderator

Pc-Famicom64, any future post in this thread about TMS better have a credible and trustworthy link to back up what you say is a fact, or I will start deleting posts.

Until such a solid fact to what you say is presented by you or anyone else, I want everyone to back off the TMS discussion here. It has been covered here enough.

15. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Maybe TTA and Animaniacs could be a reboot comic book series rather than TV cartoon series...

• Like Like x 1
  16. looneyfan93

looneyfan93 Member

That idea could work, but it sounds even better when you put Freakazoid! into it instead. He deserves his own comic book series than the others. All he got was a crossover with Animaniacs when they've had their original comic book series running.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JTMarsh

JTMarsh Wing Commander

There are certain characters, certain concepts, certain premises that lend themselves to being re-imagined/rebooted, and there are certain ones that for whatever reason just don't. I think a series like "Silverhawks" (AKA: that show from the makers of Thundercats that wasn't Thundercats) or "Robotech" (the late Carl Macek's ambitious splicing of three totally unrelated Japanese anime mecha shows into one big multi-generational space operatic saga) could be rebooted and done well. I just can't see a reboot of Tiny Toons (which I loved as a kid and have enjoyed watching again on DVD) or Animaniacs (a show I really wanted to like but could never quite warm up to) really working, there's just something about them, perhaps too much a product of their era with their humor and pop culture/political gags (as opposed to the arguably more timeless settings if not timeless narratives of the two sci-fi series I mentioned) to lend themselves to the modern era.

I could be wrong, but I just can't see a revival of either TTA or A! working out well.

18. I_Spyral

I_Spyral Moonrider

I think Tiny Toons could work, but Animaniacs is a product of its time.

But with Tiny Toons, they would need to do a different approach from the original show. Keep the general idea of a toon school, but don't imitate the original show. Introduce a new "class" of characters for the cast. etc. It could be done, but it would have to be unique and stand apart.

19. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

If this "new class" were also going to be knockoffs of Bugs, Daffy, Porky et al, then they'd just be clones of the original Tiny Toons, which would be redundant, and if they were going to be "new" characters with no connection to the Looney Tunes whatsoever, then the show would just be Recess with animals and there'd be no point in connecting it to Tiny Toons at all, so I don't see how that would work.

20. Karl Helm

Karl Helm New Member

Kirk Tingblad was supposed to direct a teenage version of Tiny Toons. Why not simply call it The Acme Acres Show or just Acme Acres. There could even be a special where the toons are fully grown. Some are married and some even have kids. CN is showing back to back episodes of Teen Titans Go, Uncle Grandpa, and Gumball. They're boring. I wouldn't mind seeing Tiny Toons like a preteen/teenage sitcom, The Archies, That 70s Show, That 80s Show, etc.