How Come There Isn't A Lego Marvel Heroes DVD Movie Yet?

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,018 8
For the past few years, we've had a few Lego Marvel Heroes specials, those being Maximum Overload, Avengers Reassembled, Guardians Of The Galaxy: Thanos Threat, and the upcoming Black Panther special.

While they're all pretty good (I assume Black Panther will be), I'm wondering why we haven't gotten a DVD movie yet, like a roughly 72-78 minute movie instead of a 22 minute special.

When you look at the Lego Justice League and Lego DC Superhero Girls lines, the former started with a 23 minute special and 48 minute movie before branching into 77 minute movies, while the latter started with shorts and a 22 minute special before branching out into movies.

With this in mind, why have we not gotten a Lego Marvel Heroes DVD Movie yet? Feel free to give your thoughts.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,281 4
Framingham, MA
My theory is that Disney is simply not as interested in making DVDs and WHV is. They haven't released any of the specials you mentioned on DVD, so it probably doesn't make sense for them to create an entire movie for the medium.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,018 8
Well, consider how we got two DVD movies from 2015 and 2016 (those being Marvel Superhero Adventures: Frost Fight for the former and Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell for the latter), so there is some interest in making Marvel DVD movies. Plus, though it's a TV movie, we have the upcoming Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,281 4
Framingham, MA
Well, consider how we got two DVD movies from 2015 and 2016 (those being Marvel Superhero Adventures: Frost Fight for the former and Hulk: Where Monsters Dwell for the latter), so there is some interest in making Marvel DVD movies. Plus, though it's a TV movie, we have the upcoming Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors.
If you are actually arguing for why we should get them, I'll agree with you there. But the thread title question made it sound like you were asking why it hadn't happened yet, and everybody's guesses in the thread were actually pretty good.

Jon T

Friendless Spidey
Jul 11, 2003
Ratings
29 3
spider-man.toonzone.net
There's interest in making Marvel animated movies, but unless I'm mistaken, neither Frost Fight nor Where Monsters Dwell were ever officially released on DVD, supporting the other statements in this thread that Disney no longer release any Marvel animation on DVD.

Apr 23, 2017
Ratings
Lego has closer ties to Warner Brothers in general. Warner Bros is the publisher of the Lego video games and The Lego Movie, Lego Batman, Lego Ninjago movie were all Warner Brothers Animation movies. I think that if Marvel/ Disney wanted full length Lego movies made, it could happen, but I think WBA publishing them would be a big issue.