Horrible Implications in Animated Films

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Rainbow Dash Fan, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Rainbow Dash Fan

other examples of horrible implications can be discussed too but my main reason for making this thread is to get some opinions on these three specific examples.

I haven't seen Sausage Party but I've read about the plot and if the food knew about the perception thing, how come they don't once consider that the humans were oblivious to what they were doing to the food? the humans have feelings and loved ones too but their just murdered.

Pinocchio: after the Pleasure Island scene, none of the heroes to anything to stop the Coachman or help those boys turned into donkeys.

Ratatouille: in the end, Remy accomplished his dream and made things better for his colony but there are still other sapient rats being murdered by humans and Remy is doing nothing about it, people still don't know he is the real cook and thus, still don't know rats are sapient.

2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Sharktale: Those sharks are gonna have to eat eventually it was made pretty clear Jack Black shark was suffering

3. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Sausage Party: If the humans don't eat you, you'll expire eventually.

4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Like wise if humans don't eat, the entire human race will be extinct.

5. Rainbow Dash Fan

6. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Ratatouille and the animated series Ratz (from Animania HD) are probably the only cartoons with rats that don't act villainous. If you like rats, this is the best you'll get.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

You forgot Secret Of NIMH. Probably the most pro-rat film in movie history.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Ay Carumba
    Staff Member Moderator

The Brave Little Toaster: Appliances around the world seem to be full of affection for their "masters" who really care nothing for them and aren't even aware they can think. In the end Toaster winds up back with his Master, but only because it makes good toast. Rob doesn't love it back, and will inevitably throw it away someday.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Come to think of it, the rats in Don Rosa's Duck comics are pretty industrious as well. The comic book I'm working on (See sig) is similar to Rosa's stories in having rats in some of the background scenes, but I absorbed Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH as a kid in making them the most developed and intelligent animal species in The Un-Iverse. So Gilda and Meek is another example of rats not being villains.

Another example at the topic at hand is the Toy Story franchise. Buzz and Woody are going in the attic (at best) and headed for a landfill someday, but the franchise keeps acting like our heroes finding another way to put off the inevitable for a few short years is some sort of victory and happy ending.

10. Kitschensyngk

Kitschensyngk The kids are all wrong

• Like Like x 1
    #10 Kitschensyngk, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  11. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

For some reason, it's implied that Hana got busy with the wolf-man while he was in wolf form in Wolf Children.

12. Dantheman

Dantheman Active Member

You know that movie Robots? I've theorized it takes place in the far future of a Terminator-esque reality, where machines have not only killed all humans, but also wiped out all biological life on Earth as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

In Mr.Peabody and Sherman, Baby Sherman would have died if Mr. Peabody hadn't been walking by.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

It also really bugged me in the movie when that horrible lady doesn't just try to take Sherman away from Mr. Peabody, but she tries to have Mr. Peabody put down.

That movie messed me up.