hmmm...

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Nftnat, May 9, 2001.

1. Nftnat

Nftnat professor/historian/chronicler

I wonder if it was a coincidence that on the day Charlie Sheen was on Biography, Nick ran the Brain's Song ep of P&tB, which ref'd Sheen. I further if VH1, like Nick a Viacom property, ran the Cat Stevens ep of BTM @ any time during the day.

Hey, that was a pointless post! Now it's really starting to feel like toonzone.

Double hey, I got the first pointless post of the new boards, ahead of Craig, even! @ least I don't remember a pointless post before this one. I could be wrong, tho. Oh well.

2. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

You think that's scary, bub....

...twice KWB has run the Histeria! ep with the Cheech Marin-sounding Ferdinand Magellan the night after Comedy Central runs the South Park ep with the two Cheech and Chong-esque Indian healers. :eek:

I still don't fully believe that's C&C as the voices of the healers, though. They're credited, but Cheech's voice sounds a bit off...and I've heard him say several years ago on David Letterman's show he'd work with his former partner again when hell froze over. It could have been an impressionist... :rolleyes:

Rob Paulsen does a great Marin...but I still have yet to hear a good Tommy Chong impersonator. It's surprisingly easy--I can do both parts myself without a great deal of effort. :confused:

3. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

Heeeey, I got some reefer, maaan!

I think I've mentioned this before, but I'll say it again. The same episode of Animaniacsran the day McVeigh blew up the Murrah Building and the day he was sentenced to die. Since A! no longer comes on daily, I don't suppose it'll play the day of his execution.

The episode was "Hearts of Twilight"/"The Boids", which is utterly unrelated to the case at all.

Belchie, you don't suppose he could change his mind, eh? You know what the Eagles called their reunion album and tour?

4. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Donkey smell!

Possibly...though it's odd it wasn't mentioned on E! or the trade rags if they had--unless it was and I missed it. Seems two well-known comics falling out, then patching things up after a decade would warrant some ink. :confused:

(racking brain with a rattling noise) "Hell Freezes Over". Yes, and, on that note, I believe that whole thing began as an April Fool's joke several years back by a station manager up in Memphis. Roger Gayther slipped two morningtime DJ's, Bill Hickok and Melody Meadows, some fake copy, which they read on the air unwittingly. The phone lines were buzzing with folks who wanted Eagles' reunion tickets. Gayther revealed it was a joke; they weren't supposed to read the copy on-air. Hickok and Meadows got p***ed about the prank and walked off, leaving the traffic girl in charge of the show for at least two hours. To this day I don't know if it was an on-air stunt or if they were really mad...or if the HFO concert was inspired by this or if the plans had been on the table long before. The Eagles might have even arranged the whole thing themselves behind the scenes with Gayther, Hickok and Meadows (though if the poor traffic girl wasn't let in on it, I pity her, because she got kind of put in the middle of things, having to explain the quandry to about ten million worried callers). :eek:

5. Nftnat

Nftnat professor/historian/chronicler

In the words of the Old Timer from Fibber McGee & Molly, "Hee hee hee, well that's pretty good, Johnny (come to think of it that is your name, right, Belchie?), but that ain't the way I heerd it. Way I heerd it is," it goes back to the album (yes, I still call them albums) Common Thread consisting of country covers of Eagles songs. The one chosen for a video was Travis Tritt's version of Take It Easy. While the usual suspects were kicking around ideas for the vid, Tritt said why don't we get the Eagles for the video. Of course everyone was iffy about it, but what did they have to lose? Calls went out to the 2 big egos (Hatter probably remembers a certain entertainment columnist, whom I code name FilmArt, referring to them as the Egos), Frey & Henley. Astonishingly, both of them said he'd do it if the other would. The others then signed on; next thing you knew, "Hell Freezes Over." So we have country's Travis Tritt to thank for this. Or blame, depending on your pov.