"Harley Quinn (DC Universe)" Animated Series News & Discussion, Part 1 (Spoilers)

• We have upgraded to Xenforo 2. We've decided to open the forums back up while we configure the theme and plugins. Thanks for your patience.

Latest News

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Jun 17, 2015
Ratings
326 4
Is it wrong I want the guys that worked on Aqua Teen Hunger Force in this? I mean I wanna see they get Dave Willis to voice Harvey Bullock in the Carl voice for laughs.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
Ratings
897 1
East Northport
You know as Welcome to the Wayne demonstrated you don't need to have the creative team behind ATHF to have the voice talents of that series in your animated series. Dave Willis has done his Carl voice in WtoW and Steven Universe and will probably do so for more projects in the futre. Also as much as I love ATHF that is a show that did delve way much into the realms of randomness and throwing away story structure for the sake of an out there joke that... really isn't a style that should be replicated anymore. Honestly if the team behind this is going more Rick and Morty... well that fits the Harley Quinn aethestic more anyway as yeah it's suppose to be sort of random and bitter and dark, but still have SOME earnesty and structure to it. I mean don't want every episode to end with Harley and co being eaten by some random monster and would prefer the team try telling actual full on stories with these characters and having them develop over time. I mean if Harley didn't develop past just being an abused girlfriend she wouldn't of really been remembered or loved as a character now so having that develpment fuel these stories and they're progression will make them work out more then just some funny banter but the same pie bomb to the face punch line at the end. Honestly that would work more for a Joker series, but not a Harley Quinn series with the angle they're putting on it.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,011 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Hmm...I don't think most of them have written in animation before, or at least I really don't recognize the names, so this should be interesting :).
Adam Stein has some. He wrote an episode of TTG! and most recently that Final Space show on TBS (he's also a co-producer). Borak I think came with the producers from Powerless. Dweck did Big Mouth, a TV-MA Netflix animated series. Becker worked on Final Space and Rick and Morty as the executive story editor and started out as an assistant to the producers on the Simpsons.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,914 45
Sherman Oaks CA
Adam Stein has some. He wrote an episode of TTG! and most recently that Final Space show on TBS (he's also a co-producer). Borak I think came with the producers from Powerless. Dweck did Big Mouth, a TV-MA Netflix animated series. Becker worked on Final Space and Rick and Morty as the executive story editor and started out as an assistant to the producers on the Simpsons.
Given their cartoon credits, I can see how they would be a good fit for this show ;).

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Jun 17, 2015
Ratings
326 4
You had me at Big Mouth. Yojimbo.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
10,914 45
Sherman Oaks CA
It's rumored Kaley Cuoco might voice Harley Quinn. The cast also supposedly includes Alan Tudyk, Tony Hale and Diedrich Bader.
I guess barring getting Margot Robbie back (which always seemed like a longshot) getting Kaley Cuoco back would still net them a "name" Harley VA (more or less)...and it would be kind of funny to see a different Big Bang Theory vet in the role :p.

Going off the rest of the cast...maybe Alan Tudyk is Dr. Psycho? I could also see him as Joker or maybe even Borgman or Clayface :evil:.

Maybe it's because the article outright mentions those role, but I wonder if Tony Hale and Diedrich Bader are reprising Joker and Batman respectively Of course, I could also see them fitting other character as well :).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,205 6
A Valid Location
A new synopsis was announced.
Harley Quinn follows Harley’s adventures after she breaks up with the Joker and strikes out on her own in this new adult animated comedy. With the help of Poison Ivy and a ragtag crew of DC castoffs, Harley tries to earn a seat at the biggest table in villainy: the Legion of the Doom.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Reporter
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,011 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
It's not that different from the last synopsis, though this does confirm the Legion of Doom as Harley's endgoal, which probably means more major villains :evil:.
And they're eyeing 2019 for its release. Quite interesting if the twist is she's going for Joker's seat, if he's a member.