Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "We Are The Champions" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Apr 15, 2018.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! Disney XD will air two new episodes, today starting at 8:00AM ET!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "We Are The Champions"
    Episode Debut - April 15th, 2018
    Written by - David McDermott
    Directed by - Jeff Wamester

Drax decides he no longer wants to be a Destroyer and looks into new occupations.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

• Like Like x 1
    #1 RoyalRubble, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. BlackoutCreature

BlackoutCreature Well-Known Member

You know I was really liking Tryco [sp?] and was very sad when he was revealed to be a villain. I mean, it was obvious he would be from the moment he showed up, but that didn't change my disappointment.

Honestly, I would've loved this episode so much more if it was just Drax and Tryco having wacky adventures while running a corn dog stand on Knowhere for a half hour.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout! "We Are The Champions"

That episode was a gem. Those were some really funny ways to misunderstand metaphors.

"Why would I call you that when your name is Tryptoslatterus?"

"I am the Champion of the Universe."

"It."

Drax looks funny in a French beret and smock, but neither of those affectations actually made a lick of sense, although the same could be said for the chef's hat and apron.

I love that he has to wash dishes at the end. And he doesn't mind. I love that Drax doesn't overthink straight-forward things like that. It's the big picture he has trouble with.

I loved this episode. *****.

• Like Like x 2
    #3 Fone Bone, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  4. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Hardcore Gamer

That bartender's probably gonna regret holding onto Drax when more challengers show up...

Always nice to see Cosmo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode. Seeing Drax try out some new jobs in this episode was a little too silly for me, but on the other hand some of those scenes lead to pretty hilarious stuff. Like the whole "the customer is always right" bit. Tryco was a decent character, I wasn't expecting to see him on the show. I liked his portrayal and how crazy he was acting, but I have to admit he was getting a little annoying by the end.

I was also surprised to see Tryco was voiced by Talon Warburton, I don't remember seeing him anywhere else (and checking IMDb he hasn't really had any other roles). There were a few times in this episode when he kind of reminded me of Patrick Warburton.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

This was the weakest of the four episodes, to be honest. Went a bit too much on the silly side for me, and the script didn't click with me. Glad other enjoyed, though.

• Like Like x 2