Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Apr 8, 2018.

?

Rate & Discuss this Guardians of the Galaxy episode!

1. *****

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new episode of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout today at 8:30AM ET on Disney XD!

[​IMG]
    Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout "Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves"
    Episode Debut - April 8th, 2018
    Written by - Andrew R. Robinson
    Directed by - James Yang

Gamora decides to use her new riches to repay all of the people she has wronged throughout the years. But when her sister Nebula shows up looking for her cut, Gamora decides to try to teach her the value of doing good. Can Gamora make amends and convince Nebula to give up the teachings of Thanos?

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

• Like Like x 1
    #1 RoyalRubble, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

Nebula is finally the space pirate she was in the comics! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good stuff. Unlike Rocket, who was downright irresponsible with his money, and Groot, who was too trusting for his own good, Gamora has much more noble reasons for parting with her money.

Even though I haven't loved Nebula in this show, the interaction between her and Gamora was very strong in this episode. It looks like the show may redeem her yet. Yondu, on the other hand...

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout! "Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves"

I had no idea it was Gamora who kidnapped and tortured Nebula initially. I can see why she is now trying to do right by her.

I strongly dislike the animated version of Yondu. Finding out he named the arrow "Pointy" is beyond disappointing.

I laughed at Nebula making fun of Gamora's wet hair. That is a pain Nebula never has to deal with.

I guess each of these next few episodes will deal with how the Guardians lose all their money. Still have Drax and Quill to go. ***1/2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Hardcore Gamer

This was a very solid redemption story. Cree Summer really went all out here.

Yeah, of all the characters from the films, I think Yondu got the worst translation. The Collector isn't far behind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm mixed with this Yondu. On one hand, because of all the synergy going in, I;m glad they didn't do a redemption thing just because the films did.

But...he also just doesn't work as a villain on this show, for some reason. Like, it's hard to take him seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Hardcore Gamer

He doesn’t work as a villain because he wasn’t really a villain in the films. So they had to go out of their way to give him evil things to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1