Green Lantern: The Animated Series "Reboot" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Oct 6, 2012.

?

Rate and Comment - GLTAS "Reboot"

1. *****

50.0%
  2. ****1/2

33.3%
  3. ****

16.7%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Gamest in the Land
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Hal getting his butt handed to him by Ch'p is definitely the highlight of this episode, but I am glad the little guy actually came back in a later scene to play a major part recovering Aya. The focus on other Lanterns is also a very neat plus and I hope we see more of this as the show progresses. Otherwise, nothing much to say, well other than the unexpected ending. It's nice to see the team back together, though I can't wait for Razor to return. Also, I wonder if Aya will rebuild a new body for herself? Guess we'll see.

2. PretenderNX01

PretenderNX01 Member

I thought that was the case. It's interesting, I think this is the only forum i've been where people were concerned with Lame-O.

I guess it's nice people feel for even computers, I had the feeling he wasn't much more than GL's version of Suri. LOL

3. Christopher Glennon

Christopher Glennon Punch Drunk Flounder
    Staff Member Reporter

Although this has always felt like a Green Lantern show, now it has seemed to become a more classic Green Lantern show, and I love that. Don't get me wrong, Razer's a great addition and I love Saint Walker, but I didn't think Salaak and Mogo were enough last season. However, seeing Tomar Re, Chaselon, Larvox, and Ch'p (who is only identified by his sector) really rounds out the scope of the Green Lantern Corps. I liked the way Hal interacted with Tomar Re, who was more by the book but eventually learned the benefits of having Hal's attitude. I want to see more Chaselon, he seemed nice, and Hal's lie may come back to bite him.

That Manhunter factory was freaky, but so was the Anti-Monitor! I wonder if Hal got zapped into the Anti-Matter Universe. We need to see some Qwardians some time this season, don't we?

4. wind

wind Member

Who is Volpe? A writer, director, or producer on GL? He/She seems pretty cool.

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Giancarlo Volpe. He is one of the producers on GL. You can catch him on his Twitter account and/or Tumblr account

6. Geodude

Geodude Active Member

He is. He's very active on Twitter, talking to fans all the time. He's even shared some GLTAS fanart he's found online.

7. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

Finally watched the DVR recording last night.

The Ch'p scene was funny. After watching the Robot Chicken DC Comics special, though, I kind of wished it was B'dg. Or maybe more appropriately, perhaps the RCDC should've made it Ch'p. I hope he gets some lines, but I guess it's a lot funnier if he just makes timid-sounding animal noises.

Regarding Lame-o, it didn't immediately come to mind the possibility that Hal and Kilowog were willing to sacrifice a being on a similar level to Aya. Part of that is because Lame-o was clearly less sophisticated simply based on his first interaction with Hal, and how he repeated his introduction to Hal verbatim. After reading this thread, though, I understand why people were concerned, but Volpe's intended goal for the character applied to me.

This is a show I think should have as many guest characters as possible.

8. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm late to the party although I did see the episode a while ago.

But another winner especially since it brought back Aya, too bad they couldn't bring her body back but that should be rectified sometime in the future. I was a little worried there that they might be stuck with Lame-O( I like that Hal gave him that name since he gave Aya hers ) but one she was in danger I was confident that she'd be brought back within the episode. It's funny how much Aya has changed since the start of the show since she wasn't too different from Lanos(sp) in the personality department( well she wasn't as annoying and much more competent ) but the contrast between then and now was never more apparent than it was here as there was little bits of personality in her lines like when she was disappointed that Razer wasn't on board or saying "I am on it." as a response.

We got a lot of GLs in here which is cool. Tomar-Re, Ch'p, Chaselon, and Larvox all had some nice bits. And of course Kilowog, I've missed the big brute. Ch'p beating the tar out of Hal wasn't a surprise since that clip from a few months ago but it was still hilarious. I got laughs out of Larvox's pantamine actions and Chaselon's quirky and socially inept banter. Tomar-Re was a nice foil for Hal and hopefully he stays as part of the team in the future. He seems very capable in a fight as Kilowog made a passing mention of him still having it.

The Manhunters are back and are a bigger threat than the previous episode showed. Even the decrepit Manhunters could take a beating it was a good thing that they didn't have their weapons. Anti Monitor showing up so soon was a surprise and he looked huge in that first shot of him. Although we know Hal isn't dead I liked that they ended the episode like that. I felt had they played it up more "dramatic" that it would have robbed that last scene. That Hal could go out just like that I think showed the power of the Anti Monitor more effectively.

9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I finally got a chance to see this episode and I thought it was pretty good. Hal vs. C'hp was definitely the best part of the episode for me as well and I would have liked to see him join the team. It would have been kind of funny and he seemed pretty cool when he helped him later save Aya. I was expecting that Aya would build herself a new body right away, but they're probably saving that for another episode. I'm not sure where Razor could have gone, but I'm sure that he'll be back as well. The conflict with the Manhunters seemed a bit more interesting now that there are more being built, rather than just older ones being reactived. The ending was a good cliffhanger, although given the current situation with the block, it also feels kind of annoying in a sense. Still, it ended the episode on an intense note, even though it's obvious that Hal is still alive somewhere.

10. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan I Will Find Him!

Probably the best episode of Green Lantern yet, just wow 5 out of 5

11. The Dark Lord

The Dark Lord Active Member

So this episode came on again. Some additional random thoughts:

Kilowog trolling Hal to fighting Ch'p is still funny and awesome. He out-trolled Guy getting Hal to complain to Appa only to expose him to more Guy Gardner praise. His "fatherly" concern for his recruits...by yelling at them at the top of his lungs was pretty great, too.

Jeff Bennett is amazing as Tomar-Re. Best actor to play the character, IMO. And yes, that includes the guy in the movie.

I'm pretty sure "Sir Jets-a-lot" is to GL what "Ladiesman217" is to Transformers. And thanks to the series' cancellation, we'll never see Chaselon and Sir Jets-a-lot hang out again. Thanks a lot, Cartoon Network.

12. Redz

Redz New Member

I felt the same way. That was rather [jerkish] of Hal and Kilowog. What was even the point of swapping Aya and Lanos? Why not just take Aya's core thingie and leave the body empty?

#32 Redz, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2017