Go! Cartoons by Cartoon Hangover - Talkback Thread

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Gatordragon, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Rhaynebow

Rhaynebow Well-Known Member

To be fair though, there’s a difference between criticism and just being a jerk. My professor drilled into my mind that saying “I like it” or “I don’t like it” doesn’t give an artist any feedback. You have to say WHY or HOW something works or doesn’t work. I’m not saying that CH should start liking the critics comments as...well...the shorts are already done, but if the rest of these shorts are going to be the same, some of the viewers will call them out. Even a single “Thanks for all the feedback guys” comment would suffice because at least that implies that CH doesn’t have selective hearing.

Also that was a neat short, definitely stands out. Although the constant fade to blacks were grating even if it was intentional to fit with the gray tones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Drinking my sorrows

New cartoon Baghead and I like this one. There isn't much to say except for a show with good animation, designs, and humor. Its not revolutionary but I enjoyed the fact that I wasted 5 minutes of my time watching this. Don't really care for the close up to the garbage.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Time to break some hearts!

Oh, I didn't know Dr. Flug had relatives. :p

The Bagheads had really nice animation. The designs reminded me of Kids Next Door a and Chowder. I'll admit that I can relate to letting the garbage overflow, but definitely not to the extent of this cartoon.

Overall, I say it's pretty deece, though the literal garbage humor isn't doing it any favors. Judging by the comments and the sizable chunk of dislikes, this is a common criticism of the short.

4. Rhaynebow

Rhaynebow Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was actually kind of entertaining. Quite relatable too, taking out the trash can be an annoying chore. Although a part of me was wondering if this family recycled. Stuff like a soda can doesn’t go in the rubbish bin!

The trash humor didn’t bother me too much, it could have been a MILLION times worse. Cartoon garbage was always an interesting prop to me. When you look past the banana peels, apple cores and takeout boxes, what exactly is that brown-green space filler every cartoon uses comprised of?

I DO have to somewhat question the bag heads though. Besides being a surefire way to avoid lip syncing, there doesn’t seem to be a point to them.

But really, who cares? I enjoyed this short a lot. The banter between the siblings was enjoyable, if a tad confusing. They didn’t come off as quirky or spew random catchphrases and the character designs and artwork were distinct from the previous shorts. I’d watch this if this were a show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I can only see myself enjoying this show (if it had actually been one, anyway...) if its main characters develop a little more - a la like that of The Loud House, for something to strive for. For obvious PROS put in front of me: It is well-animated, has a good art design, and is down-to-Earth enough to not be overbearing.

So, if I could rank these as things I can see becoming shows (had that actually been a thing allowed to happen - missed opportunities much, CH?!):

1) Welcome to Doozy
    2) The Summoning
    3) The Bagheads

Have a nice day.